Reviews for Short and Inspirational
dragonflydreamer chapter 5 . 8/9/2009
The rhyming wasn't as good as it normally is. It felt too forced, espacially in the sixth and last lines.

[Baby steps to bend it back] I did find that line interesting.

Overall, pretty good collection. The execution was very strong, though sometimes I got caught up on your wording and couldn't quite find the meaning. Nice reads, though.

Sparkles from the Review Marathon (link in profile)
dragonflydreamer chapter 4 . 8/9/2009
Again, I like your rhyme scheme. It's so refreshingly different. It was awkward at the end, though, since the words didn't quite rhyme.

I also like your analogies to seasons in this, especially because you kept with the image of the harsher seasons without reciprocating with images of sring or summer.
dragonflydreamer chapter 3 . 8/9/2009
I have to say, the rhythm wasn't as good as your other piece. It felt stop-and-go; defintily not as solid.

[I resolutely stumbled forth] I like the contrast of "resolutely stumbled." It's an eye-cathcing opening.

Interesting concept overall, but the execution could use a little polishing up.
dragonflydreamer chapter 2 . 8/9/2009
I love the rhythm in this. It's such a distinct pulse that carries through the poem.

[Absorb the boundary emanations/Move with purpose t'ward elations] Great lines.
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Great use of alliteration in this. It gives this such a feeling of depth, and it doesn't come across as stiff or forced at all.

The phrasing of the last two lines was awkward. The second-to last was odd with two "be"s, and the last had too many breaks in it.

Sparkles from the Review Marathon (link in profile)