Reviews for Father Dear
VirtuallyClever chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
yeah.
big.break.and.laryngitis chapter 6 . 8/19/2009
So touching!

You know, I don't guess you were doing it on purpose, but it's a very good strategy to get people to read stuff you've written by reviewing all of their stuff.

I really like these, though. Parent/child bonding is one of my favorites. Especially father/son, because they're men, and men can't communicate well with anyone, let alone each other. But father/daughter, mother/daughter, mother/son, whatever, it's all good in my book.

Good job on this.
Imminent Paradox chapter 6 . 6/29/2009
Aw... this is a wonderful ending :). Really, it seems to sum the rest of it up quite perfectly. I'm going to miss reading it, though! I really do love your poetry.
AccountNoLongerInUse1 chapter 5 . 6/15/2009
I love to read your poems about fathers. I lost my father some time ago, so it really makes me feel good to read them.
tangerine dreamer chapter 5 . 6/14/2009
i like this one, how it shows both perspectives. very insightful.

i felt the rhyme flow was off right at the end, like it was a bit choppy, but i don't feel like it took too much away.

overall, nicely done, keep this up!
Imminent Paradox chapter 5 . 6/14/2009
Oh, I like this one! I love the whole flow of this poem- it's simply and thoughtful, and all of that jazz. I like how it shows both perspectives, whether it be full and loved or empty and sorrowful. Great job! :)
tangerine dreamer chapter 4 . 6/9/2009
these are interesting. i think i like the first three the best, the rhyming, simplicity and emotions are very real, probably because they were from real experience. the last i can relate to on some level, but i'm not sure it's quite as athentic as the others, i don't know why.

i like this idea of father relationships though as i have many different stories to tell about my own (a few of my poems are about him). i look forward to your next installment. keep up the great work!
Imminent Paradox chapter 4 . 6/6/2009
I think this is excellent, how the person looks on the bright side, when really, all he/she wants is just to be able to have something more. It's a good thing this one isn't based off of your life! It makes me feel better about it :)
Imminent Paradox chapter 3 . 6/1/2009
Wow... I like this little collection of poems. I can relate to some of them, like the first one- it's always strange to realize that your father is only human, meaning as imperfect as the rest of us. And I'm sorry about your dad- my mom also has cancer, so I know what it's like going through things like that, when your parent is the one that's suffering. And about your stepmother... that must really suck. I hope things get better in all of those aspects!

Great job :). I can't wait to read more from you!
ADSpencer chapter 2 . 5/24/2009
I'm so sorry for the strife your family's been through. Hold strong.

I really liked this poem. One thing I liked about it was the list in the first line. I think it did an excellent job of setting the pace.

I also loved the emotion behind this, especially in the poem's conclusion, because it relates back to a truth that we all must face.

Nicely done,

-ADS, the Review Marathon (for a link, see my profile)
ADSpencer chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
I really like the moral of this poem. It's cute, and it's sincere. Nicely done. I bet your father liked this one (if it was written for him).

I think you could probably improve this poem slightly by either more variation of line breaks or by inserting more line breaks near the end. Right now, it reads a bit unevenly, but I think it could easily be tweaked to read perfectly :)

Nice job

-ADS, The Review Marathon(see the link on my profile)