Reviews for Nouns
Louis Denair chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Whow, very inventive similes. The equivalence between ppl, places, things which are shown to be dynamic, decaying, dying, lying, evaporating- the dynamism and love/lovers is perfectly done and conveyed. The lovers are only hinted at on an occasion, randomly, passingly almost, in the poem which further emphasizes the vanitas theme- everything dies, nothing is perfect or prevalent. Everything passes and love, too, will sink in the grand ocean of existence.
OspreyEagle chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
That was amazing!
Isca chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
"Ill, as the arabesque simplicity of love decays." Good Lord, what a fabulous line! The word 'arabesque' adds such a lovely touch of sensuality to 'love.'

"Like each swollen sunrise, unremembered, though prophetic

in my mind." The word 'swollen' made me wonder if the sun is 'pregnant.' If so, I think it's interesting that a 'sun woman' would be unremembered. On another note, you have a point, we rarely remember all of the sunrises that we see, and yet we still know that they're profound and beautiful. :)
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Oh, beautiful. I love poems that talk about the mechanics of writing in some way or another; I'm writing one right now that's essentially about passive vs. active voice. I really like some of the images - swollen sunrise, grey teeth of nightingales, the clean howl of our kiss. They're different and feel muted, somehow, but very romantic. Ah, I like it. Keep writing! :)
Ashelin chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Ah, finally! This was stunning. I'm an imagery whore, as I surely have said before, but when you teamed beautiful images with such a new and interesting concept it is amazing! I loved the simplicity of that fact in the very first line "Nouns get sick and die-" And you simply add to that fact. Reflecting images of your life, as well as everything else and how it is so easily eaten away, yet there must be some things everlasting. Wonderful job!

And thank you for the reviews. That last poem I wrote might have been longer, but I feel that most people who read poetry seem to have ADD, and anything over 200 words is pushing it :] You are extremely kind.

As Always