Reviews for America
Anna Christie chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Wow. The rhythm is very catchy. I love that cause it pulls you along with it, you know what I mean? And the ending? Awesome. :)

I like how you were criticizing America but then redeemed yourself in the end. Supposing I read that all correctly! lol Anyway, love this! And thank you for the review on my poem. :)
Sabino Yosohovy chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
Hate the players, not the game. Sure, some of the things you mention are true, I will not disagree that many things we do in this country are wrong. However, look at every other country, are they any better. Also, you focus on the negative, never the positive. Sure, i think that you have some truths. but not everyone in this country is sneering hateful and boorish. There are just as many people who are loving and outgoing.

The one thing that really gets me is that you defined yourself as someone who "gleefully condemns America." Do you "gleefully condemn" your mother and father, do you enjoy telling the teachers of your life that they are worthless. If you are born and living in this country, if you have learned and laughed and cried and hated and loved in this country, than "gleefully condemning" it is no different than "gleefully condemning" your mother, father, sisters, brothers, teachers, and lovers. If you are to hate something, don't make it the country that you live in.

As for the poetry itself, I have seen better, and I have seen worse. The diction used was far to complicated, and with that, the words do not have a flow. It is a bit to straightforward for my taste, and it is more of a dribble than poetry. However by all means never quit. To quit writing is to lose the voice of ones soul.

if you wish to contact me on the mater, enlightened or furious, please pm me and we can converse about this. If not, its all dandy.

Have a nice day!
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this.

narration was angry (a little ranty at times) but you had a strong point to make. Keep up the good work.

Much love,