Reviews for shades
drops of rain chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
I like the line break for emphasis on "shades of gray". Nice imagery!
B. J. Winters chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
you chose "in" and not "on" - interesting...
Isca chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
What a powerful haiku. You use colour to meld humanity together-by combining our strengths we can create miracles, perhaps. M, yes, a lovely piece. :)
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
Your very late April RM review...

I like the piece as a description of the color gray. It's different and well described. However, I don't like the fact that this is supposed to describe a shadow. Firstly, shadows are black and also they don't occur when white meets black in the ground. It just didn't make sense to me.

On another note I like how you put so much into a haiku. Oftentimes haikus seem awkward or too short, but you're didn't at all.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Good use of color discriptions; it's hard to review a three line poem, but this one made me think.

Much love,

Juliet.
nevermore199 chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
This is very good-it paints an amazingly vivid picture in just three lines. Good work!
deefective chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
Prize For Review Marathon!

Hmm, well I liked the essence of the piece in general. The imagery was nicely written and the idea was presented clearly. Not so sure about the whole haiku thing though. I'm not that into haikus but I'm a bit old-fashioned when it comes to them. I don't really like the fact that you basically divided a whole sentence into three lines. I don't know, it doesn't seem very haiku-ish. But that's just me. Other than that, I really liked reading this piece. Nicely done.