Reviews for An Eternal Generation of Wife
Edalene Athene chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Wow. This is really powerful although it doesd have some parts where the metre goes but the overall effect more than compnsates.
Isca chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
The connection between 'woman thoughts' and 'the ocean' was brilliant-suggesting that all women are connected through their biological cycles.

"The lantern of day yawns and blushes." This is one of my favourite lines-your use of the word 'lantern' is delightful.

"All that is left is a committment to endure." It's sad that some women feel enslaved in their marriage.

"How I long to be timeless." Another grand line!
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
Your opening imagery of the girl and her mother was magical. I got such a clear and crisp essence of the picture around them.

You say a lot in this (600 words) yet, there is much that you don't say. And with your thesis at the end, you do not need to say it. We [the reader] understand that those secrets are not the point of the poem. The point is what the girl can share with her mother. The emotions and pathology between the mother, and the daughter.

What can be shared, and what cannot.

"And how I long to be timeless!" What a devine line, I loved it! And it fit perfectly in terms of placement in the poem.

Toward the end you seperate from the mystical mother daughter scene, and give a quick glimpse of the third party - the HIM. Which in it's own way parallels the earlier exchange. There's things that you tell a lover, and there's things that you tell a mother. :)

Overall, the poem is perfect. CHANGE NOTHING! I loved every word, keep up the good work, and post more soon.

Much love,