Reviews for Haircut
Xx-Angel-of-Shadows-xX chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
This is very sad, and very beautiful...I like the fact that the summary contained the first three lines of the poem. The poem did seem somewhat stilted at times, but I think that worked in its favour, it added to the overall effect of uncertainty.

Basically, I greatly enjoyed this, and look forward to reading mroe of your work. :) Well done! Usually I would put something you could improve upon, but to be honest, I think this poem is perfect as it is.

All the best,

~Star~
esthaelum chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
I loved this poem. It makes me wonder what it's about... It's just so... mysterious in a beautiful, graceful way. It's a very simple poem too, you didn't use much fancy words or anything, it's just cute. I think this is about a girl who is always self conscious... That she needs someone out there to tell her that she was beautiful... I don't know... But this was a pretty poem overall. )
Robin Leigh chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
A beautiful poem. Pretty good job here. :) I like how you tell a story here, yet it is obvious that the speaker of the poem knows a little more than what she is letting on.

~I suddenly remembered the poetry slam we have at our school every year. You'd probably win a prize if you joined. :"~

Skyflower17, via The Roadhouse
neutralnoon chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
Sarah, someone said this had cynical undertones, but I think on the whole this is very optimistic. It's not full of melodrama or fluff ... It's very honest and open. And I don't think the other comments about punctuation is that big of a deal for any given poem, you haven't abused punctuation, just omitted it. But it is "punctuated" by capitals at the beginning of the lines, and just having line breaks is punctuation in itself. Good work. D

Haven't heard from you lately. \

Issac
FoSizzle chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
It's awesome how you convey the emotions and the feelings that the character is going through in just 15 lines! I totally get this character and feel for her pain, even though it's a short poem. Well done!
Miss. Neptune Heart chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Poetry! Always a pleasure to read. The summary really drew me into reading this poem. I think it's something that we all can relate to. It's good that she finally realized that she was beautiful and that she didn't need to hide.

Frankly I enjoyed this little piece of writing. As of currently it's untouched, but perhaps if you added punctuation at the right places-it would become much more beautiful.

Miss. Neptune Heart
antiwritesthings chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
wow, that was powerful in some deeper-meaning kinda way lol. this poem roxx, i totally dig it
Cassie1521 chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
O.O I am in awe, that was so good! No edits, perfect in my opinion. I love her seeing how beautiful she is, just like everyone should. Having or not having a guy shouldn't influence that. I'll get off my soapbox now... But brilliant.
TrajectoryToNoWhere chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
Oh, I can see plainly how this would be specific to a situation, but I still relate. I just got bangs, but looking back on this, it makes me remember a friend I had that I probably should have been more patient with, and another friend with bangs. (LOl. . . sorry)
Stormer chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
This is a great poem. I'm not sure if it is about someone who was abandoned or another person who died, or something else entirely...but still it's very powerful. Good job!
xtwoleftfeetx chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
I like haircut because I can connect with it. The whole reason I write is to give people a happy escape, or so they know that they are not alone. Kudos for you!
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
This is a very relatable poem ~ simple, short and cutely written. I liked the cynical undertones it held.

~ Sakina x
CuriousContradiction chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
I know most people don't believe in editing poetry, but I think that punctuation would add to your poem by helping the flow. For example:

... falling in love with me.

Is myself.

I liked this poem both because it was symbolic and because it wasn't too dense and heavy on the metaphors. You successfully accomplished the whole "less is more" thing with the simplicity of this. At the same time, the meaning behind the poem is resonant and comes through clearly. This was a strong piece. Thank you for sharing something that so many people could relate to!
BlaznFangurl chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
That was nice, It definitely seemed deep but in a way I can't place a word to...anyways nice job...
The Tragedian chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Been there, done that. I think every girl gors through something similar in their life. Isn't always a haircut, but something with appearance or social status. Lied how this is something we can relate too. NICE!

Fop Huntress from the Roadhouse!