Reviews for Haircut
Nightmare Of Eden chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
This is REALLY nice. It's a very honest, sad and to-the-point poem, and doesn't have any of the ridiculous word choices a lot of poems have. I love it!
Chancee chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
I think it was short and cute.

It goes right to the point of people who try to change themselves for others, but I understand that sometimes those others want what is best for you.

I can sympathize with the author because it gives that feel of when I was in high school I was a geek but now in the real world I am a queen type thing. I don't think I said that well but you get the picture, and all the while the main person you would like to see the new and improved you is no longer in your life.

This held a personal meaning for me and I thank you for sharing your poem with us.

Great job!

Momo author of My Queen - Pay it forward the Roadhouse
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
I would never associate haircuts with deceit, but you have done so! Brilliant!
wasted.sobriety chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Wow, I don't even know what to say- I agree with all of the other reviews here. So in fear of sounding too redundant, I'll just say: keep up the awesome work. (:

Honestly though, you never cease to amaze me. Whenever I get an email from fictionpress telling me you've posted something new, I get so excited! Happy Hollow, Proper Incentive, Magnolia, and Mother's Diary are a few of my favorites, just going by memory.

I hope to read more from you soon!

-Sarah
Synaptic Imagination chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
I like it, it's short sweet and to the point, it's kinda depressing though _, but i guess it's supposed to be.
Wings chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Jeez...That was good...

It created a whole story so quickly, with details and a realistic aspect that made the characters come to life. Very nice.

~Wings~
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
Very strong work here, I really enjoyed your narration. The beginning especially was very strong.

Much love,

Juliet.
ADSpencer chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
Oh, I actually really like the subject matter in this poem. A hair cut is such a minor thing; something that doesn't (seemingly) determine your potential to get to know someone of the opposite sex. But I love that you ( or the poem's narrator) is very realistically zooming in on this one little factor. Nicely done.
23 | « Prev Page 1 2