|Reviews for Solar Wayfarer|
| Casey Drake chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
This is -awesome.-
If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to hear more from these characters.
| Solemn Coyote chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Back with the reviewing. Let's do this.
1) As always, the story and the character seem to be firmly rooted in present experience.
2) The emergency broadcast signal sounds almost silly. You might want to play off of that a little bit.
3) "The propane lantern hissed on the moldy picnic cooler, giving a warm glow to the space but casting thick, frightening shadows." In four years, your writing has matured a lot in its descriptive ability. I can really feel a lot of this story, instead of being told it.
4) The death vignettes are an amazing way to start a story, and I think the offset the space opera-ness of this piece a little bit. The latter half really feels like something closer to mass effect, but the beginning is more like war of the world's.
5) This is definitely an interesting piece. I don't generally like space opera, but this is kind of warming me to the genre.