Reviews for The Problem With Paper Flowers
deadkitty1 chapter 24 . 12/30/2011
This is a lovely collection of thoughts eloquently worded around. Through the chapters, you've expressed multiple different feelings that I find myself relating to. It's almost like I found a friend even if I don't know you by face and only by name. You really formed a connection with the reader and I applaud you for that!

I was a bit irked in the beginning chapters about the numerous commas where a simple period would have sufficed. There were also some words that seemed missing or awkwardly worded that disturbed the flow. I don't quite remember their exact places though since the chapters did improve. Also, I'd like to point out that changing the wording to italicize or bold really threw me off. Was there a purpose for that or did fictionpress mess up the formatting?

Lastly, don't worry about writing love notes. It's part of life (your life) and it's interesting the way you poetically word it. You can only write what you feel and know so it's up to your audience to basically accept that. :)
Ki Armor chapter 22 . 10/23/2011
This is phenomenal. I am very impressed. Well done.
Little girl Big world chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Beautifully stated
Sophiesticated chapter 2 . 11/30/2009
The summary you wrote for this is really catchy haha. Anyways, I like your writing style so far. Beautiful work.
Chloe Hale chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
I really liked it. Your writing really flows.
Renana chapter 14 . 11/2/2009
Hey! This is beautifully written, every thought is so intricate it makes minds tick. Anyway, I love this, update soon :) Plus your side notes are interesting to read. Anyway, this is really great.

Renana
drink me pretty chapter 13 . 10/23/2009
Teachers who actually intervene in a student's life are so rare. It's astounding. In all my twelve years of school, I've only had one teacher ask me to see him after class. He said he wanted to see me because I had been abnormally withdrawn that day and he wanted to know if there was anything going on.

There was. And I told him about it. And I wound up crying.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is,

I understand. I really, really do.

Just...hang in there, okay?
BestOfTheWorst chapter 13 . 10/23/2009
The truth is, I think, that people aren't fooled when you say "I'm fine." They know that there are problems, and that you're having difficulty with them, but they think to themselves that it's not their business. They don't want to be involved in someone else's problems. I am at fault there; I tend to smile awkwardly and give those cliche'd words of encouragement to people when they try to unload those weights from their shoulders: "Don't worry, you'll make it through this." Sometimes I hate myself for being so apathetic. I'm glad your friend was there for you, and I wish there were more people like her in the world.
drink me pretty chapter 12 . 10/17/2009
For some reason, your note reminds me of the warning labels on the side-mirrors of a car: "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear."

Anyway, I really understand how you are feeling.

PS

All Over You by The Spill Canvas is epic, and partially saddening should one dwell on the meaning of the song too much.
drink me pretty chapter 11 . 10/17/2009
I can relate so much-

to the point that reading this post

kind of hurt.

Kind of really hurt :\

But I'm glad to have read something so enchanting and poignant. Even more than that, something that vocalized my own feelings, as well.

Welcome back :)
CuriousContradiction chapter 9 . 7/5/2009
Hey there, Autumn.

I just wanted to tell you that you bring up a lot of interesting thoughts in this pillow book. (It actually took me a really long time to figure out what a pillow book was in the first place. I used to just envision a book with fluffy pillow covers. Silly, huh? Sorry, rambling. Back to your piece.) First of all, I thought the title was very creative. It drew me into this piece. Secondly, you brought up a lot of points that I can relate to. All the questions you ask, every situation you mention, just... everything- I feel like I've gone through that at some point in my life too, and you've just put them into words perfectly. Thanks for that. One chapter that I noted in particular was "Writer." I remember being like that too. I still draw and paint, but I went through the same realization that art wasn't my calling (still haven't figured that out yet though). Then... for awhile, I was so sure that writing was my thing. That it would be how I'd leave a mark in someone's life, you know? But then I read a lot of brilliant writer's works and thought about just how big the world is, and I wasn't so sure anymore. Your piece made me think though. Anyways, thank you for sharing your thoughts.
violet chapter 9 . 7/4/2009
This is very different, mostly because of your writing style - very mature. It doesn't sound like you're a teenager. The way you write it makes it seem important, and not just regular problems - it makes me really care.
myturntobebrave chapter 4 . 6/17/2009
i like your writing style. It's very poetic!
xPainxTruthxBeautyxHeartbreakx chapter 6 . 6/6/2009
What else is good is when you live near a fireworks display and you can see them all from your bedroom window :) fireworks are always so pretty.

And your writing made me think of that movie click, where the guy actually has a remote to fast forward and rewind and pause life. Wouldn't you rather liv and experience and learn from bad times than just hide or run through them?

I would like to be able to rewind too, though. Or have a box where I could put my favourite memories in.

Please keep writing I like it :)
xPainxTruthxBeautyxHeartbreakx chapter 5 . 6/6/2009
The best way to help a friend is to just simply be there, y'know?

Just simply be.

Woah, slightly hippyish there haha. But you raise some really good questions, right?

Because science only explains how and not why :)