Reviews for Homeward Bound
No-One's-Hero chapter 11 . 6/12/2009
sweet! I love how she is getting Amy to help her, its going to bring them a lot closer together. And when she told Sean what she was doing, his reaction was priceless. I can't wait for them to admit their feelings. I know you are going to do it in a great way.

More more more more please?
andee lee chapter 11 . 6/11/2009
You're evil for leaving us with such a cryptic sentence. "I would, of course, turn out to be very wrong." WELL DAMMIT. I want to know how wrong you're going to be, Sydney!

I wish I could give you some constructive criticism but I suck at it...wait, here's a gem: Stop being so awesome at this whole writing thing, you're making the rest of us look bad.

I hate when people say they don't want a "rebound guy." What does that even MEAN? You're totally right - or Chloe is (lol) anyway. "I'm on the rebound" is just another way to say "I'm a slut and I like it that way!"

It was cute how Sean was all sad that she was going to be leaving at the end of the summer. He's so darn sweet. Speaking of Sean, I just noticed this story is rated M. Does that mean we'll get some bow chicka bow wow? Huh, huh?

I hope this fundraiser thing goes well or else Sydney's going to look like an ass! LOL. I think it should. What the hell could go wrong? (uh oh...)
andee lee chapter 10 . 6/11/2009
You're silly. I thought it was a great chapter. That's the thing about your stories - there's a really nice back story to it all, to keep things interesting. I have the hardest time doing that - I like to focus on the moment, you know? Anyway, me likey! I think you're doing a great job, as a matter of fact. Oh, and I don't mind the length, actually. Make them longer. :-)

The "un-wedding" was the cutest thing ever. Chuck makes me laugh. The "shrouded in mystery...and wrapped in giant sideburns" thing - LOL!

I love the tension, man. Can't get enough! It makes it so much more fun, not to know where either of them really stand in the long run, you know? The last part of this chapter was like, DAMN, they so could just make out right now. Then he drives away and...they don't. lol.

I know Sean has a thing for her. It's obvious and adorable all at the same time.
andee lee chapter 9 . 6/11/2009
I love how you keep us all frustrated and on the edge of our seats for-ev-er to see when they'll finally hook up. It gives me a strange sense of satisfaction to know that these fictional characters have to work for it just as hard as I do in real life! :-)

HA, that's funny I mentioned WHMS in my last review and BAM! There it is! Freakin' awesome. It's true, you know. Sean is picturing Sydney naked all the time. HAHA, wow, that was weird of me to say.

It seems like Amy is a lot more tolerant of her big sis now, which is good. I like Amy's character. She's funny. Is she going to take Sydney to some crazy party on the day of her wedding and get her trashed with water bottle vodka? Because that would be AWESOME. :-)

Love this, on to the next one!
andee lee chapter 8 . 6/11/2009
I am! :-) I'm just slow.

"I have dyslexia." DUDE I laughed for five minutes! CHUCK IS AWESOME! I think Sydney should most definitely end up with HIM. What a catch! ;-) I really do love him, though. He adds a little special somethin' to this.

I wonder how things are going to go with Amy. And if anything is going to happen in Hartford. Will ADAM be there? I don't like him. He's a cold hearted snake (oh, look him in his eyes, oh ooh uh oh, he's been tellin' lies, he's a loverboy at play...omg I did not go there. c-c-c-cold hearte snake!)

Sean is so totally falling for Sydney. Don't tell me otherwise and bust my bubble. He was all sad that she was leaving...oh yeah. He wants her cupcakes, if you know what I mean. HA! That was lame!

On to the next chapter - I'm really loving this so far. I haven't been able to stop reading.
andee lee chapter 7 . 6/11/2009
Ha, I hope my boss doesn't read this and figure out that it's really vodka that I've been keeping in my water bottle...

I like the friendship Sean and Sydney have going on. It seems like they can talk about a lot of things together, which is good. And you know what they say, right? Men and women can't be "just friends" because the sex part always gets in the way. Heh. :-)

Sad news about Sean's dad, though. :-(

Was that flirty banter I detected at the end of this chapter? Dun dun dunn...
andee lee chapter 6 . 6/11/2009
So I've decided you need to change the secondary genre of this story to Humor...I have been laughing for most of the chapter. CHUCK IS AWESOME! He may be my new favorite person in the world, actually! OMG, the Whopper shirt, the Udder shirt... the mutton chops...HE'S MY HERO! Absolutely hilarious! "Please excuse our Chuck" - LOL. And those book titles... How to Shit in the Woods? REALLY? Where can I get a copy of that? You know, just in case... Is there really an ice cream shop like that? Because if there isn't, that's a genius idea. Men would come from miles around.

HAHA. I was embarassed for Syd when Sean said he wasn't asking her out. That was great.

I can't wait to see what Amy has to say about her big sis as her chaperone. Heh heh. :-)

Great chapter!
andee lee chapter 5 . 6/11/2009
HA! I love Chloe already. :-) And turning the pages with her tongue? lol, that was awesome. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do, right? The Ebay thing had me rolling. I like the humor in this one a lot! It's already a lot of fun and it's only chapter 5. Sydney forgot it was Saturday..haha!

And ooh...is Sean going to be shirtless and sweaty while working on the renovation? *wink wink*

THANK GOD she took the ring off! Let's see what happens next...
andee lee chapter 4 . 6/11/2009
I love this family. They're so cute!

So, we'll be seeing a lot more of Sean, right? *wink wink nudge nudge* I like Sydney's idea...I have always wanted to work in a coffee shop, but not for 8 bucks an hour or whatever it is they make. Hopefully her plan works...

And a town without a coffee shop? NO. I would move. :-)

I like how you cut out in the middle of their dinner conversation to how she figured out what she was going to do to help the store. I hate it when background info gets all boring and pointless, and this was not. (of course!) The description of Ferdinand's was REALLY good - I could picture it in my mind.

My Nana has a HUGE jar of buttons that I used to play with all the time, so the button thing made me smile.

So Syd's back in her hometown to stay, huh? I can't wait to see where this goes!
andee lee chapter 3 . 6/11/2009
"Besides, I lied." That sounds like something I say all the time. I like Sydney already - and not only cuz she reminded me of myself, haha.

The bookstore sounds awesome...man, I still can't get over how cool it would have been to have grown up in one.

Why do I get the feeling that Amy is going to cause trouble for Sydney? Or at least be one of those characters that we all are annoyed with/love at the same time. She seems like a troublemaker. Then again, what do I know! Guess I'll find out.

On to Chapter Four!
NateBran chapter 11 . 6/11/2009
Another great chapter! I especially liked the last bit with Sydney and Chloe. It really reminded me of my sister and me. I can't wait for the next one!
Bridge Ann Wall chapter 10 . 6/9/2009
I love this one just as much as I did the other one. Of course, that's not terribly surprising. Keep it up and update soon. I want to know what happens.
No-One's-Hero chapter 10 . 6/7/2009
Ok, all caught up now. First of all, I don't understand why you have so few reviews. I really like this story. There are so many angles to it that it doesn't get boring. I like that you are exploring the relationship between her and Amy, and the way that you are doing it. It's true that sometimes older siblings don't see how their younger siblings look up to them, even when others do. And younger siblings try to make it look like they don't care what the older thinks, even though they really want their acceptance.

I also enjoy the tension with her and Sean, and add in the comic relief of Chuck.

I can see so much happening with this story, and I can't wait to see what you have in store. I have a feeling that Sydney is going to use her expertise in her career to do something to help Sean's dad. I'm not saying it's predictable, just that it would follow the flow of the story and of Sydney's character.

Can't wait for more!
No-One's-Hero chapter 4 . 6/7/2009
Ok, so I just found this story, and I plan to keep reading, but I just wanted to comment on one thing. When I was young, my mother used to go into this store that had the whole button box near the register, and I did the same exact thing. I ran my hands through that button box all the time, and loved the feeling of it. I never saw anyone buy a single button from there either, but it was my favorite part of the whole store. My mom never had to worry about losing me in the store, she always knew she could find me running my hands through the button bin. I can't believe how you captured that so well, and made me feel like there was someone else in the world that relished in the same experience as i did. Awesome! And I am enjoying what i've read so far.
Mander Rose chapter 10 . 6/5/2009
I love this story too, lol.
189 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 Next »