Reviews for Homeward Bound
belle1220 chapter 18 . 6/29/2009
I feel like I'm a broken record, but this was SO good. Loved the c*ck fight between Adam and Sean. Go Sean!

Yay for I love you's being spoken. Next up, spoken to the actual person. haha
mk985 chapter 18 . 6/29/2009
Another update :) I adored this chapter for so many reasons!

First, the Chloe/Syd heart to heart really highlighted their sisterly relationship & showed just how close/supportive they are of one another (the banter when Chloe got Syd to realise her feelings & watching the tape was a bonus. "A cheeseburger" lol :P).

Second, we finally got the Sean/Adam confrontation! So much fun, and you could just feel the testosterone in that room lol. I especially love the fact that Sean not only defended Syd but kind of stood up for himself by blasting Adam for his cruddy HS years. The icing on the cake was when Chuck stepped in, hee :D Hopefully you will still have a Sydney/Adam talk so that she can get full closure on a relationship that was obviously a big part of her life rather than her doing so vicariously through Sean & the 'tape debacle'. That camera was just waiting to be used somehow (I forget who said it, but if a gun is introduced in the 1st Act, it's sure to go off in the 3rd ;) & btw VHS rocks, I am still in the stone age without a DVR/Tivo)

Finally, I know that you probably didn't want this whole chapter to be cliched, but you know what? The whole self-referential nature of the chapter (Chloe with her romance novel ideas, Sean & movie lines etc) actually made it not so & it is what made me laugh the whole way through.

Keep it up :)
rulestolife01 chapter 18 . 6/29/2009
I love how chloe just "accidently" happens to record them. And how shes going to write it as a novel and it kind of already is being up here on fictionpress. Very cute chapter, glad they both finally said they love each other, even if it wasnt to each other.
dreamercrys chapter 18 . 6/29/2009
Woohoo! GO SEAN! I hope she will not just leave him now that she knows... I mean yeah she needs to go back to Hartford to figure out her job and clean out her apartment but she needs to tell Sean that is all she is doing and that she loves him and wants to be with him... Can't wait to see how her confronting Adam will go...
KamikazeAce chapter 17 . 6/27/2009
good story thus far...i just hoped the story would have more flow and a bit less filler. other than that good stuff cant wait to see what happens
mk985 chapter 17 . 6/26/2009
I didn't get round to reviewing the last chapter but I have to say dang, you're jerking us readers around. Brilliant and hot last chapter and then Syd had to go and ruin it all by being sensible lol! As much as I might hate her actions, the tension and sadness at her (potentially) leaving this chapter was really well written. Loved how you describe her having turned into a teenage girl who doesn't know how to deal with her feelings... something about that bit where she was imagining what could happen was so hopeful and yet sad at the same time to me. Then when Adam rang I was like dun, dun, dun! Haha I so knew that was coming (I am as yet undecided whether I'd want to see Syd have a big confrontation with Adam and be all girl power blah blah or whether she should just have quiet closure of the issue - whatever you do I'm sure it will be good :P)

Lastly, I have to say I love this story even more now that you have referenced Alias. I love that show!
Mander Rose chapter 17 . 6/26/2009
Oh my gosh! What does Adam want? Dude...I didn't see that coming, lol. Wonderful last few chapters by the way...I can't wait to see what happens next *hint hint*. Lol.
Sarah Spafford chapter 17 . 6/26/2009
Gotta say, it's going so agonizingly slow for me. Haha, but that's just because I want to know what's going to happen next as soon as possible. Your writing is good, good vocabulary and grammar usage. And it's not all just filler smut, like so many others out there. It's written genuinely well, and I can't wait to find out what will happen between Sean and Sydney.
Bridge Ann Wall chapter 17 . 6/26/2009
Evil, evil place to end it. Please update soon.

Fantastic, by the way. You write tension so well. I'm not remotely disappointed in this story.
cat10985 chapter 17 . 6/26/2009
UPdate Update Update Update Update Update! i cant say it enough... i need more... i hope you update soon! like tomorrow! haha
Vaudeville chapter 17 . 6/26/2009
drama, drama, drama. of course, adam had to come back. of course he did.
dreamercrys chapter 17 . 6/26/2009
Oh my God! The asshole cheater is NOT allowed to be back in the picture! I will NOT allow it! Do you hear me? I said NO, N-O... I hope he doesn't screw everything up with Sydney and Sean... And I hope they both stop acting stupid and just let themselves be happy... Can't wait to see what the cheater wants...and how the benefit will go...
hales chapter 16 . 6/26/2009
Okay first of all, sorry for this being anon - I only have an FF account, and I know its frustrating to get reviews you can't respond to etc etc.

SECOND of all, this is a GREAT story. It feels like a novel, as opposed to 'a story on the internet'. you've done a really great job with the atmosphere surrounding the main characters - the town, the people, the bookstore and the highschool...it's very realistic and it surrounds the plot in a great way. Also, the supporting cast are people the reader actually cares about, as opposed to just scrolling down to the parts with the two romantic leads.

I LOVE Chuck, and how you've defined and fleshed out Sean and Sydney's families, especially Amy and Syd's mom's 'warble' lol - the way you describe them all is very realistic and funny and heartfelt.

And the plot is excellent - this might sound kind of weird but there are so many stories on FP that are just so run of the mill with like 'high school romances, private school rich kids falling in love', that it's nice to see someone writing something that actually has a purpose other than SEX/ROMANCE - not that I don't enjoy that, but you want a little meat! With the bookstore being renovated to fit the times, financial struggles, chemo treatments and heartbreak, it's grounded in reality.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you could make a movie out of this. 's coming together nicely and I'm really rooting for sydney and sean!

-hales
belle1220 chapter 16 . 6/25/2009
SUCH a good chapter.

I think my favorite part was your description of them at the bar. I could picture it so well in my head. Kudos to you.

P.S. Next time, let's let them have sex ;)
Mellie03 chapter 16 . 6/25/2009
I'm dying here! i just read your whole story last night! How often should i expect a post?
189 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »