Reviews for Scarfy In The Middle
Shehrazad chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
I read your story a few months ago, and I absolutely loved it. As a Muslim, I had been disheartened by the lack of Muslim protagonists. Although I'm Pakistani-American, I connected deeply with Khalila's story. Thanks so much for writing it. It had a profound impact on me.
S.Peridot chapter 49 . 9/13/2014
Alslam-u-alaykum
There's a few thing I'd like to comment on.
Al-Nikah is marriage. I'm studying marriage in my jurisprudence (الفقه) class. We're still learning the Halal and Haram in marriage but I have my book with me, because well.. I'm not a shaikh so I need a reliable source. My book is in Arabic and I'm not that great of a translater. The man asks the woman's guardian for marriage, before that he or she can ask about each other, after asking permission they can get to know each other, she is aloud to take off her hijab If her mahrim is with them, there is a Hadith that says the man should see the woman he will marry first after asking about her. After asking around about her he/she should pray salat alistikhara. After all of that if he/she wants to get married they go through the right steps and wallaa. I don't know when they read alfatiha.
Children don't where Hijab, maybe abaya but not Hijab till puberty, but they are encouraged to were a abaya for modisties sake, especially when wearing flattering clothes. I don't know about extremist people but I know Shakhs in my family, and they encourage the children but don't force.
Me and my twin have the same problem when speaking Arabic or English, adding -ing to Arbic words and some Arabic verbs to English. Not all the time just between us. Sometimes we have problems in speaking in one language for long periods of time; being both Saudi and American.

Sorry if I wrote a little bit too much but I thought you should know some of the things I mentioned.

I really enjoyed reading this story, it's the first Islamic story I've read on FP that doesn't speak of Islam badly!

Sarah
Julietish chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Hi! It's Juliet from A Drop of Romeo. When your story was featured on ADoR, a judge wrote this review for it: Refreshingly original, that is how I would describe this story. A far cry from the American high school with its social hierarchy, this follows the life of a successful twenty three year old scriptwriter from London called Khalila and her romance with her very attractive neighbour across the street.

This story was quite an eye-opener for me as it provided me with an insight into modern Islamic culture as both Khalila and Adam are Muslim. Throughout the story, Khalila can be seen struggling to strike a balance between modern Western sensibilities and Islamic traditions (she succeeds rather well, I think).

The characters in this story are all so funny, partly because they are realistic and very relatable – every character had some quality or characteristic that reminded me of someone I know.

Adam and Khalila have such a sweet, innocent relationship that starts with her admiring him from afar and being unable to speak in his presence – which I’m sure is a familiar situation to many. Khalila makes for a great narrator as she has a distinctive voice, a cute way of looking at things and a busy life, meaning the story isn’t just about her romance with Adam, it focuses on other aspects of her life such as how her screenwriting career is suddenly taking off.

Scarfy in the Middle is extremely well written and though 50 chapters may seem long, it certainly doesn’t feel it, as the chapters are of a short but decent length, which though they sometimes are just snippets of Khalila’s life, they keep the flow of the story going. LilyWolfe’s excellent writing includes all the Islamic terminology within Khalila’s narration without it ever feeling like a information dump.

So if you have some time on your hands (or even if you don’t) I would definitely recommend giving Scarfy in the Middle a gander.
Guest chapter 51 . 8/8/2014
I love, love, LOVE this story. Thanks for allowing it to exist. )
FidaIslaih chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
I love this story so much I had to come back for a reread. You really need to publish this!
hackccfreshgood chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
RE: CLICK HEREHOT! Sell CVV Online CC Shop Transfer WU...Wellcome!

My cvv are the best for you
I'm Sell for: CC, CVV US,UK,CA, EURO,AU, Italian,Japan,France,...all cc
if cc not good then me change for all buyer
iam sure you very happy when deal with me

i promiss that contact me in :

MAIL :

CC fullz info, CC DOB...Domain hosting.
1 US ( visa,master) 2$/ ( buy 50 Price $1,5cvv)
1 US (Amex,dis) 4$/ ( buy 50 price $3 /1cvv)
1UK 5$/ ( Buy 50 price 4$/1cvv)
1UK CVV with DOB 15$/CVV ( Buy 50 CVV Price 12$ 1CVV)
1 Ca CVV 15$/CVV
ITALY 20$. And many country orther
condition Conditions of sale :
1. Please Dont ask CC FREE, CC TEST. I dont have time with CC FREE and
CC TEST.
2. If you want to test you must send money for me.
You Send money I send cvv2 good
3. Stuff will be sent to you within 1 or 2 hours after receiving the
payment. Order will be sent via e-mail or as you wish. You can also
receive a link to download the info)
4. I have a replacement policy for bad dumps/Cvv. (All dumps/Cvv are
fresh and already checked before dispatch)
5. I only accept payment with WU or PM

i'm looking for who can work together
I am very happy to serve you long time, thanks!
no scamer, no spamer

[IMG] b6.s11.d1/ab9540fed7e47a2389e3d98a2454f69c_ .jpg%5b/IMG%5d

I Sell MSR206 R/W USB
,Cvv,Fullz,EMBOSSER ,BankLogins,Skimmed DumpsPin,Track1/2Pin,Bank
Transfer,ATM SKIMMER WINCOR,Wu Transfer,hacking softwares,Etc...?

you can email me or im me:

MSR PRICES

Chip POS ingenico&amigo : $ 1500

AVAILABLE BANK LOGIN :

Abbey/HSBC/Bremer Online Banking/Flagstar Bank/Credit
Union/Landmark/Orchard/American Express/Wells Fargo/ICICI Bank/HDFC
Bank/CITIBANK/BOA/BARCLAYS/BDE/SPAINEXPAT/BANESTO/ANDALUCIA/BANKKUWAIT/NBK/BURGAN/CBK/ABK/ISRAEL/BANKISRAEL/MSNBC/DISCOUNTBANK

DUMP R/W MACHINE:

MSR206 R/W USB $600USD EMBOSSER $200USD ATM SKIMMER WINCOR $550USD

NCR $400USD

PRICELIST OF STUFFS

Halifax,Hsbc,Wells,Rbc,Wamu,Boa,Barclays,Citi Etc

1 US CVV 3$

1 UK CVV 5$

1 EU CVV 15$

FULL CC with mmn,ssn,dob,pin pm me for price

PHP Mailers inbox 20$

DL : DRIVING LINCENSE

MMN : MOTHER MAIDEN NAME

CONTACT INFORMATION

CONTACT US IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ABOUT THIS STUFFS AND ALSO
IF YOU WANT TO BUY MORE YOU CAN CALL THE NUMBER BELOW OR EMAIL ME ..

VALID AND FRESH INFO FOR SELLER PM ME

WE MAKE SURE YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH WHATEVER YOU ARE BUYING AND YOU GET
IMMIDIATE DELIVERY OF STUFFS AFTER PAYMENT...WE DONT GIVE DEMO
NOR SAMPLES OR TEST ... EVERY STUFFS 100% FRESH AND LIVE.

Paypal Verified Account Prices:

BALANCE IN WELSFARGO...ANY AMOUNT300$

BALANCE IN BARCLAYS...80K TO 100K400$

BALANCE IN ABBEY...82K 700$

BALANCE IN HSBC...50K350$

*** Transfer Western Union (Eu,Uk,Asia,Canada,Us,France,Germany,Italy,Nigeria and very easy to cashout African) :

- From $2000 to $20.000 MTCN and i accept payment 10% of the money for all
- You give me your details WU, and pay transfer fee’s
- I will start my software and after 40 mins, you have MTCN ( All details )

Western union bug 2012 with activation code in 350$ :

MTCN PROOF
MTCN DETAILS PROOF
WU NEW TRF PROOF
WU NEW TRF DETAILS PROOF

PRICES FOR WESTERN UNION ONLINE TRANSFER(UK,US,CANADIAN,ITALY,FRANCE,GERMANY AND NIGERIA)

NOTE*** please I Do Not Give Free Test,I Offer Minimum Ordering,I
accept Western Union and libertyreserve only.I sell information only
good patient if have any delays. i do all so fast how I can.
I thank for your understanding.
Huur chapter 6 . 3/30/2013
Oh my God, this is my favourite story ever. Came back to read it. I can't believe how beautiful this story is. PERPETUAL GRINS.
Lethaldoze chapter 50 . 10/11/2012
I came across this story in ADOR and I have to say that I'm so glad that I decided to click it and read it. Actually it was the summary of the story that immediately drew me in. It was different and I had never come across such a story on FP and I was absolutely intrigued. And I'm really glad to say the story lived up to all my expectations.

Khalila is one of those characters you can seriously look up to. At least for me she was as good as a role model. Her unshattering morals and how she always stuck to it. I loved and admired how she was a screen writer (which honestly, I would like to be someday) and she stood up for herself and her career no matter what. She was independent in her own way by not straying from her beliefs. And needless to mention I loved her sarcasm.

Adam. He's like the dream guy for all the girls out there. He was so perfect. I have to say even his flaws were perfect. I loved how you developed their relationship throughout the story. It was amazing. I loved their conversations. The emails. Oh yes, the emails were my downright favorite. And convincing her to say yes to his proposal. Also it was it really cute when he saw her without her Hijab after the engagement. All in all I absolutely loved them.

Khalila's friends, I loved too. Especially Jess, Onoko and Michigan. With Onoko getting stuck here and there was absolutely hilarious. And also Jess being the girl who was the exact opposite of Khalila and yet they were best friends.
Jimmy creeped me out too. I loved the drama you created with the whole surveillance scene where Jimmy says he saw Khalila's hair and Khalila got so furious! And Adam feeling guilty after having accidentally seen her hair in the surveillance tape was totally understandable.

I loved the families too. Khalila's family was fun to read about. The brothers. Each and every one them were adorable. Sami being so protective and Jalal going to work with her. The bothers were quite fun to read about! Her parents were really cool too. I liked how they were not the pressurizing type and the understanding type. Adam's parents were cool too. I liked his mother a lot and Nancy too. I liked how Nancy and Khalila bonded all through the story. And not to forget Mahir, he's simply awesome. He's that friend you can always count on to help you when you're in trouble. Needless to say he was second favorite male character in this story after Adam.

I just loved every bit of this story. It got a little boring with chapters with her work descriptions for a while but it really doesn't affect your story at the end of the day. It was a fantastic piece of work. I'm overloaded with school work what with my A levels dawning nearer and nearer, but I still couldn't unhook myself from your story and make time to study! I'm really excited about reading the oneshot of the honeymoon and the sequel to this story but I'm not quite sure when I'll be getting the time to do so. Hopefully I will be able to get to it soon Insha-Allah!

You are a gifted writer, keep writing. You have no idea how many things I have learnt from this story and how very motivational this was, especially Adam's pep talks to Khalila. Thank you for writing such a heart warmingly wonderful story. It was simply beautiful.

Cheers. :)
Lethaldoze chapter 18 . 10/10/2012
I love the friendship that you have built up between Khalila and Mahir. It's really awesome!
Lethaldoze chapter 14 . 10/10/2012
I loved this chapter too! They talk more and did I mention that I love the brothers! They are all so awesome!
Lethaldoze chapter 17 . 10/10/2012
This one was soo cute!
Lethaldoze chapter 13 . 10/10/2012
And they had a pretty long talk! Khalila is finally opening up a bit with Adam. Loved it!
Lethaldoze chapter 5 . 10/10/2012
Ooooh they finally talked! I loved this chapter!
Moon Shooter chapter 50 . 8/27/2012
Wonderful. Detailed and vibrant characters, lots of humor and warmth, and a beautiful romance. Great job.
Whatsoever chapter 50 . 5/25/2012
I just want to say that I really like your story. There were some parts where the story dragged on, like the script and actors stuff, BUT i liked adam and kali's relationship and i absolutely loved Red and Green! Oh and I also really liked the part where he finally sees her without her hijab, after they're engaged and all. i found it real cute :)
236 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »