Reviews for cut these strings
Isca chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
"My rubber band legs let me sit with you." What a creative line! Wow! :D
papermask chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Wow, I really like this. Especially the last stanza. Very good!
Morohtar chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
I write "Pay it forward" on every review I leave. When I get a review which ends with "pay it forward" I review three more pieces; one of them is from the person I reviewed (if possible) and the other two are the latest entries on the site. Hence, I am here to review your piece! If you like the "pay it forward" idea, check out my profile!

The lack of capital letters in this piece initially made me think of e e cummings, but then I realized there was something else going on here. There are no capital letters here because they would only define the sentences, and that would impose too much structure on the piece. Also, the use of the uncapitalized "i" is a neat way of indicating the narrator's lack of self esteem.

There is some wonderful imagery in this piece - the use of the physical metaphors made explicitly concrete (dropping names LIKE BOMBS and playing catchup ON A TREADMILL) is very cool. That adds an extra layer to this piece.

The imagery of the rubber band legs is good as well - the idea of them being floppy connects with the weakness of the character ("too tired to reach you") but also the idea of being pulled back as they snap back. Clever stuff.

I like this poem - it is deep, has a lot that can be read into it, and it is well-written. I like it a lot.

Pay it forward.