Reviews for Darkness Becomes Her
Marie St. John chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
First, I have to admit that it took me more than a few moments to read this :) But it was a very enjoyable period all the same. Your research shows. But not in the tedious way that sometimes comes with historically accurate or attentive stories. YAY!

I must say that I already am rooting for something good to happen to Hades. He reminds me of someone I know especially this part ...

"Yet at times he felt a certain emptiness deep within the pit of his chest. For as long as he could remember, he had always had it, even before he had become the lord of this realm. It wasn't something he was able to define with clear-cut words. All he could describe it as was that something was missing, and he had no idea what it could possibly be. He was detached from the world above, his family, and even from his own heart."

I wish I could get him to read this. But, I don't think mythology would be his cup o' tea :)

Glad its mine though.

I must say that I'm enjoying the narrative style. I can 'hear' the voice, the tones, overtones, undertones; questionass and implications. BUt it's not forced or stuffy. I like your vocab :)

As of yet I have no constructive crit...this is promising :)
M.Bianca chapter 44 . 11/20/2010
you're back!

it's so good to see you!
sappyromancelvr chapter 44 . 11/19/2010
sweet. :) Hopefully it will all work out even though we all know how Demeter is...
mousemaker2 chapter 44 . 11/19/2010
awesome update!
Jazz chapter 44 . 11/19/2010
Sad that you're leaving it there, but at least it's a new chapter. Looking forward to the next!
Thome R chapter 43 . 11/17/2010
Oh, cliff hangers, I love them!I haven't left feedback before because I felt that I should read all the chapters that you had out so far before I did.I have to tell you, Darkness Becomes Her is one of the best stories I've ever read. Greek mythology has always been fascinating to me, and my obsession has grown greatly after reading this story. Myths involving Hades and the Underworld were always my favorites, and after reading this, anything to do with Persephone captures my immediate attention. As for the story itself, I love Hades and Persephone as a couple, and their debates/ arguments are witty and hilarious. To make a short story long, I love the new perspective that you have brought to this myth and fervently hope that you are able to to turn Darkness Becomes Her into a full fledged novel. I wish you the best of luck and will be happy to leave further feedback as you come out with more chapters.

- Thome R.

P.S. I'm not Madame Thome, as I'm sure you have figured out. We just happen to have the same name :)
Hermy chapter 43 . 10/22/2010
I've had a bad cold and spent the whole day in bed today, then I stumbled across your fanfic and LOL! I read all 43 chapters in one seating for 9 hours straight! *in this case, while sick in BED*

Then I updated my status on facebook telling everyone how AWESOME your version of HadesXPersephone *how I should have not procrastinated reading some random greek mythology story instead of doing some *productive* reading for my MA research. Some of my friends responded that they're going to READ it!

And when I found out that you intend to publish this story from the author notes, I've had high hopes that it has ALREADY BEEN PUBLISHED, and so, I *foolishly* googled for 'Darkness Becomes Her' and found out there's another book with the same title but written by a person called Kelly Keaton on Amazon..but it's not about Hades and Persephone. My immediate reaction was..'Daw...it's not been published yet?'

In short: I love this fic...plz update more..I promise I'll be sick in bed (again) and read your other works! ;_;
mousemaker2 chapter 43 . 10/3/2010
nice chapter!
NightBlossom chapter 43 . 9/30/2010
This story is very well done. Regardless of artistic licenses that you may have taken, it is still based on mythology and is more thorough than many other mythology-based stories I have read and I appreciate that.

I enjoy the exploration of the interaction between Hades and Persephone (since it's glossed over in greek mythology) and the fact that it was a gradual getting-to-know-you process instead of a yes-I-think-I'll-jump-into-bed-with-my-kidnapper scenario.

In short, KEEP GOING! :)
M.Bianca chapter 43 . 9/30/2010
summary of the next chapter: hell breaks loose
2muchreading chapter 43 . 9/29/2010
I love this story. All the characters and they all have their own flaws in life. But does any one realize that "her little girl" is not a little girl any more? If she is returned she will not be like the "little girl" she was when she was kidnapped. No matter, I really like this story and this chapter was awesome. Can't wait for another updated chapter.
sappyromancelvr chapter 43 . 9/29/2010
Demeter has always been a bit unreasonable. Too bad Hades and Persephone weren't in this chapter. ;(
mousemaker2 chapter 42 . 9/29/2010
awesome update. i hope the 2 of them work everything out!
Typhaegia chapter 42 . 9/28/2010
This chapter was amazing, no need to worry about how it turned out! I loved how Persephone is becoming more mature and mentally stronger in every chapter, it def showed in this chapter with her encounter with Lethe (that was fun!). I'm also so pleased that Hades is apologizing, it takes a real man to do that:)
M.Bianca chapter 42 . 9/27/2010
aw! he finally apologizes...

does that mean it's almost over? hope not. let him boil a little longer!
297 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »