Reviews for Angel
Sword And Sorcery chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Lovely poem. I like the ambiguity between how the 'darkness' influences the angel. :-)
VelvetyCheerio chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
Ooh, I really liked this piece. It was choppy in a good way, it was almost like prose in story form. The use of the angel and light and how the darkness possessed them both in the very end, it was brilliant.

Also, the way you personified the darkness made me think of some cruel and unusual beast. I loved it all. :D

Best of luck on WCC this month, I hope you win!

Velvet.
Denizen47 chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
A very compelling, short piece. I found the way you kept the reader guessing as to how this would end very good. The short, sharp beginning, the complex and poetic descriptions. All served to make this an extremely accomplished piece.

[The darkness could unmake her, change her into more of its kind, lightless, lifeless, lonely. But the darkness will not.]

Actually loved this line, the personification and depth you imbued the darkness with was superb.

Great job!
Said Author chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
I loved the imagery and your use of colors!

She sits on bowed knees, her spirit almost broken, helpless and fragile

I could really grasp the picture there.

Nice work, keep it up! :}
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Your use of color in the beginning was very sharp, it really caught my attention as a reader and made me take notice.

“And yet, the shadows tenderly caress the angel’s form like an artist caresses the figures he paints with pigments and kisses of brushes. They do not encroach upon the light’s waning domain; instead they dance quietly on the border, enhancing by contrast the beauty of the paling in a perpetual dusk.” - This is my favorite passage of your piece. Your use of tenderly and caress, it makes the scene feel so soft, then you follow it up with kisses of brushes. Stunning! My only complaint is the use of CARESS the angel’s… then CARESSES the figures. Using caress twice so close together kind of tripped me up.

Keep up the good work.

Much love,

Juliet.
Fractured Illusion chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
"The light, faint and fragmented as it is, is beautiful. And that light belongs to the darkness now."

Nice explanation there, I was wondering why the hell the darkness was going soft :p But of course!

Nice story - a twisted happy ending is good for the soul XD

Frac
Kate Marshall chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
This feels really poetic,

and that's what I like the best.

Your uses of color have strong imagery

and I thought it was a creative way

to show the difference between

the angel and the 'darkness'.

My favorite line:

"And it was lovely."

Your take on the darkness's perspective

was interesting and new. :)

Great job. I very much enjoyed reading

and congratulations on finishing it so early.

I can't think of a thing! :D

-Peach/Kate