Reviews for Sleeping Dogs
SibJr chapter 13 . 12/1/2009
Aw, I love Delia. She's like the mommy I'll never have. It's so nice that she took the role Jess's mother, cuz he really needed some love after the murder event thingy.
Technolgick chapter 15 . 11/28/2009
Can you PLEASE update? I really enjoy this story. I can't wait for the next chapter. Pretty please? :3
SibJr chapter 12 . 8/24/2009
one word, EPIC!
rgrimes89 chapter 11 . 8/15/2009
Ee! Late review!

The angst is getting so high now, this chap made me want to cry. I kind of blame Jess more than Bobby, but I think that's 'cause Jess is getting along fairly well and Bobby is miserable. Please make them friends again soon!

Luv Gumby. ...I'm wondering if this is in the right section? Is it going to be an action story? That's my only Q for now :D

Keep going babe

Love H xx
Non-m chapter 2 . 7/16/2009
I'm really enjoying this story so far. It is so refreshing to find some good material on this site. You have a very sophisticated writing style. The plot reminds me a little of The Outsiders or some of S.E. Hinton's other work, while the writing style is a little more reminiscent of Steinbeck, especially the descriptions in the first paragraph of chapter one as well as your description of peaches, which reminded me of Grapes of Wrath. My only critique is that the characters seem a little feminine. I don't mean that they come off as girly instead of macho, but I really doubt whether a guy is going to notice flowers and other things like that. Plus they both seem a little too emotional for a pair of guys their age. I think this is a tendency with female writers to make their characters much more sensitive, sweet, and caring (beneath the tough guy exterior ofcourse) than they would really be in life.
fav fig sis chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
alright right i will admit it, not all the parts were that depressing. but i love it so far. it kind of has an Outsiders meets something else i cant remember kinda style. if i didnt know it was you i would have thought it was S.E. Hinton herself.
He of the hijacked account chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
Hi I'm Ryan and Horatio told me to drop you a review and apparantly that's going to make sense to you...

She's freakin' intimidating, isn't she?

Anyway. Had already read first couple of chaps so I read the intro again with a view to looking out some con-crit for you... to be honest, I can't fault it anywhere. The only thing that caught my eye was you used 'bad' in (I think) para 7 where you mean 'mad'. But otherwise your vocab is great and you pay close attention to the senses and it's pretty damn awesome. I'll try and get through reviewing the other chaps at some point, to see if I can produce something more helpful for you. But this was very well written, it kind of reminded me of my brother.. and I hope the chaps are as good as this.

The only thing that the start gets me wondering, is what your plotline's going to be. But 'grats to you for avoiding the teenage cliche stories that run rampant on FP :)
fav fig sis chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
i am guessing by the first couple of paragraphs that this isnt the one that was happy for ten pages. but it is really terrifically exponentially awesome!
rgrimes89 chapter 10 . 7/7/2009
Apologies in advance for the sucky review. I'm dog-tired. (Geddit?)

Anyway, you should answer my other questions! And I'm glad you're getting more reviews :D

Chapter 8 in my opinion was perfect. (I'm just realised this says I'm reviewing chap 10... so chap 9? Oh I'm so confused! Basically you put two chaps up and the first one with the flashbacks was amazing).

Tell Bobby to marry me instead of Margaret! I'm rich! Um... *sheepish grin*

Anyway the gang are so sweet to Jess on the death-day and I like that when they were younger they didn't want him trailing around after them - but Bobby took pity on them. How violent are these guys, because they seem too nice and yet the switchblades were out...

The most recent chap was very angsty... I do love Jess and his packed lunch and suit... and I kind of love the fact that Gumby told him off for hurting Bobby. I love the brotherliness still. And yes it's a rubbish review. I'm sorry. I really enjoyed reading it the other day, and was too busy to review and now I'm not busy but tired... *complains*

Ryan and I had a discussion *cough* argument *cough* about me using his account and we resolved it in the end. But I managed to squeeze into the terms of agreements that he should review you. Do you love me? Of course you do :P. So I don't know when he'll do it, but he said to give you fair warning that he will give you criticism if anything sucks. Not that you need to worry about that, because every chap is brilliant, but yeah, if that's a prob you should drop him a PM or something.

Much Luv

H xx
SibJr chapter 10 . 7/6/2009
like always, ur keeping this bopok perfect. there is no way i could possibly complain about this book, i am loving it like always, and i dont hav anything more to say

stevie
PBJentons chapter 10 . 7/6/2009
I'm really glad SibJr told me about this book, because this is a great read. There are no complaints on my part. Keep up the good work!
SibJr chapter 9 . 7/5/2009
that was a good chapter. im glad he could think about something other then the fact that he was steaming from his fight with bobby. jess was cute when he was little too!

STSTSTETETEVEVEVIVIVIEIEIE
SibJr chapter 8 . 7/5/2009
yep, that was definately a suckish B-Day for Bobby... i thought it sent a really powerful message to bobby when jess threw down the book. wow that life really sucks
SibJr chapter 7 . 7/5/2009
i no i alredy read this, but i just hav to put this review becuz this was such a good ending and i want to tell u that. tho it was only two chapters, my heart pounded so quickly i thought i was going to die. i love it
rgrimes89 chapter 8 . 6/28/2009
So that was a bit of a lousey birthday for Bobby! On the upside, the cake made it home intact!

Yeah, on a serious level, that was major drama, and I feel SO sorry for those two boys right now.

A few questions - what exactly was going on in the cinema? - can't one of Bobby's friends take the brothers in? - and are the gang an actual gang, because they all seemed shocked and freaked when Bobby went for Red...or is Bobby the only violent one?

Both brothers seem pretty immature, I guess they're both stunted emotionally by how messed up their lives have been, but you'd think Bobby'd sit Jess down quietly and explain the financial situation and then drop the wedding news. I suppose Jess might have freaked out less had the whole Red-knife-tyre thing not just happened.

Anyway your writing is great and it makes for some pretty raw reading in places. I really want things to work out for them. And they are so cute when they're hugging!

Also - that was a better appeal for reviews. I hope somebody takes a hint, because you deserve more reviews. I think you're in a tricky sort of genre... or what I mean is that you're writing a serious story, and a lot of kids come on fp just for kicks - so there's less people looking to read something gritty and serious... thus less reviewers... I think... but I love this story and when Ryan stops being AWOL I'll tell him to read this and send you some con-crit, because I really suck at giving con-crit! And then at least you will get another review.

Review people! Lol I'm such a faithful reviewer to this, I surprise even myself! Xx
36 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »