Reviews for Coins On The Kitchen Table
The lone canine chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
This one is very good! And it has a lot of meaning like your other ones. I think you're a great poet!
ZyggyGirl chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
This was very bittersweet. You have a gift for metaphor and simile, and I love the way your sentences tend to run on and give it a realistic feel.
SuzieandRiley chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
When I first read this poem I didn't get it. I read it again and again and again and I realized how truly beautiful it is. I wish I could write poems like you do.

You made me realize a few things as well. Like how I'm not the only person who's been through some rough times. It may not have been love but it's just as confusing.

It's amazing how you can make me like this, like I was the one speaking in the poem.

It was really nice.

-Suzie.
NineteenxStars chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
oh wow. this was absolutely amazing. as i was reading i was noting all of my favorite lines so that i could mention them here but really, that would be excessive seeing as how i would have ended up citing the entire thing. ok. wow. that was a really long winded way of rephrasing my first two lines... oi. but seriously. i loved everything about this. from the way you masterfully worded each line to how you connected the beginning and the end with the flowers. you truly have a gift.

Destinee
Unique1952 chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
This is sad yet written very well. Nic work with this, while being sad, it's also very beautiful, showing your talent and skill in word use.

Nice work with this.
Kinna chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
This is such a sad poem. I hope the guy notices her or at least the love and encouragement she gives him. I loved the imagery you used. It was so strong. It's nice to read something that doesn't always just tell what it is, but describes it. This was a great read, and a strong ending point.
Melanie Layugan chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Wow!

This was worth the wait! Wow, I thought I actually reviewed this earlier, but it seems I haven't

The free verse is spectactular, and the poem evokes a feeling of melancholy, but at the end a sense of hope and empowerment.

Mel
WordSpeak chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Wow, this was great! Beautiful diction, well done! :D
Isca chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
"But now I place a bouquet of flowers on the doormat." Yes, oh my God yes, the tone of this line is absolutely phenomenal. It's the sweetest gesture, leaving someone flowers, and it usually signifies sorrow or love.

The 'bloodstained tree' imagery was quite stunning. I couldn't help but think of the myth regarding Pyramus and Thisbe. The blood of two lovers soaks into the roots of the tree. It's all so terribly sad and beautiful.

Keep up the great work. :)
ENelsonOsborn chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Very interesting and deep. I like the mixing of metaphors, it conveys to me the ability to articulately express that something is complicated to explain. The way the lines are broken creates some confusion on a first read, but is certainly navigable with just a little extra thought. It seems like it was inspired by something very specific but that it has room to be interpreted differently by every reader. That, to me, is one of the core tenets of poetry and I thoroughly enjoy it for that.
Captain Lucky chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
Quite beautiful and sad. I like the way you make it hopeful, though. You have such a way with words!

CL
EmbersAblaze-IgnitedIcicle chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
This is so good. Unlike any poem I have read out loud, or have seen in print.

The first thing I thought from the title and summary alone was: "Wow, She has Grown Up"! And it seems you certainly have.

Keep up the fantastic progress, as well as your life success! Best Wishes.
S. A. Hanna chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
I like this poem! It's very rhythmical.

Was teh first stanza purposefully written in iambs?
mythee chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
I really love the flow of this poem and you never use full stops to end this build up of words.

I interpret this in a number of ways, first I feel like this is from a guy's POV (because of the flowers) and he's trying to get his ex back (?). This poem is a story.

It'd be great if you can tell me what you had in mind while you wrote this (because it would complete my speculations P)
Xerophyte chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
Oh wow. This is quite good.

What I like about it is that it is a somewhat logical breakdown of something entirely illogical (love). Your use of imagery and metaphors/similes is excellent!