Reviews for Convenient
Boekwurm chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
I dont know why I liked the story becaus I dint get the meaning of the story so well but stil I loved it.
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
.Ever!

.You!

(This story deserves me being overdramatic 'cause it's just so well-written and original. Thrilling to the very last word.)
RobbyWest chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Oh Em Gee i love this!
PervEcToy chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Did you mean the first sentence of the story was already from Jamie ghostie? 0.0

Because when I reread some part of the story, there's a suspicious sentence that indicated it:

"There's a bunch of them, two beside Jamie, flashing lights into his eyes and checking his pulse, Sam doesn't know."

So yeah, when I was aware of that very sentence, I scrolled up and find other signs.

I'm not sure if Jamie actually had a feeling called love towards Sam, but I think that Jamie at least cared about Sam. It's quite obvious from the way his ghost still fullfil Sam's basic needs, told Sam to move out, and gave his book collections to Sam. And maybe the only reasons Jamie ghostie'd been home was that there was still someone who was waiting for him to come back home, because Sam still had a feeling for him. And when the feeling had gone, he let Sam to go away, made Sam to be able to stand on his own two feet.

It's touching, you know, what Jamie ghostie did..

But IMO, what Sam felt after he knew about the fact not quiet described well... I mean, even a blank feeling has some deep sensation.

And honestly, after finished reading this story and before read the reviews, I had another idea about this story. I knew I got it wrong when I read the reviews.

Thank you for the story. It's indeed "convenient".
lost in pale blue chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
It actually took me awhile to warm up to Sam, only because he was so disconnected from everything. Jamie obviously kept him on a tight leash.

I'm just glad that Aarron was there for him and was such an awesome guy. And Sandy was awesome, too, pushing them together :)

I was relieved when Aarron spelled it out for Sam that Jamie was dead and Sam finally got it. I was wondering if he was ever going to figure that out.

I had a huge grin on my face when it turned out that Aarron liked to write notes. He and Sam are perfect for each other.

Odd but sweet story. Definitely one I'll want to read again.
JudasMonster chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
Wow. I don't know what it is about this story.

Sam's innocence is very appealing. He reads all day. He's a house husband for Jamie. Quite intelligent, but awkward. Quirky.

Aarron is awesome :P He's so sweet and caring... A real good guy, you know?

Phone buddies? I almost died from how cute that was...

I almost laughed when Sandy compared Sam to a "new release", aha.

Yeah, that's it... O_o

-JudasMonster
Miss Master chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
This was so confusing to read. xD But good in a weird way because I had no idea if the story was meant to be like that or not - I sort of assumed Sam was just crazy or something... :/

I enjoyed it though. Even if I'm still somewhat "huh?" about it. :P

xoxo
Nivell chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Oh man, that was so sad, yet hopeful for Sam. I felt bad for Jamie most of all...so he died in the hospital and Sam was imagining him because he felt guilty for not seeing him before he died? So sad.
i-wish-i-had-wings chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
uughh, this got me so confused! i got that jamie was dead, but was he really a ghost? well, of course he was, but..well despite the confusion i liked it, lol
The Moon Is My Sun chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
This was such a good story! I kinda figured out the twist halfway through and I just started crying. It was sad and really sweet at the same time and I love how you made both of them to work together. Great job!
The Original Psycho chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
Oh my god, this story made me cry :'( I loved it. Amazing.
anon chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
this was such an interesting, lovely story. i read a lot of slash fiction on this website, and i can say that this is truly one of the more intriguing stories. it's sad throughout but ends on a high note. there is so much left unsaid but nonetheless expertly hinted at. i assumed from the beginning that jamie was dead, so it was all the more interesting to follow sam's confused spiral. i'd also sort of formulated the idea that jamie was abusive, but hadn't solidified it so much as the reviewer before me did. your style of writing really meshed well with the topic of this story, i think. it really sucked me in a put me in the right mood. all in all, i feel that you should be highly praised for this wonderful short story.

also thank you thank you thank you for making cat's cradle one of the reasons that made them meet :) it is my favorite book.
Amarantis chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
Absolutely heart warming story. I kinda had a hunch on what happened to the boyfriend when Sara had a talk with Sam, but I put it in the back of my mind when Jamie reappeared. I realized Jamie's faith only sometime before Sam moved out. You wrote in such a beautiful way on how Sam's shock affected his life and how Aarron kept popping up everywhere. I can't describe enough on how this story has had its toll on my emotions as I read. Simply wonderful.
Dark Lynnette chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
I liked this story and that you were focused about telling it. The plot was simple enough that you could really get into Sam's emotional state. I really liked the first scene and how no one was rushing around so Sam figured there was nothing to be worried about.

Nice story telling skills and use of dialogue.

Thanks!
thistlepaws chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Hey. Just wanted to let you know I enjoyed this story. Not only did I enjoy what you said in it. I also enjoyed what you didn't actually come right out and say.

It seems to me that Sam was in an abusive relationship with Jamie as the abuser, or at least very controlling. The bruise on Sam's neck came from Jame I bet. Sam didn't have a phone or a house key, or even his own last name, no job or anything to do and they'd been together for "years and years".

I guess since Aaron's a paramedic he figured that out pretty quick. He's probably been sent to lots of domestic violence calls. Still, he was patient and supportive and gave Sam time to work through his grief as well as reach out to someone for the first time.

You chose a difficult scenario to write a romance into, but you managed it very well.

I enjoyed reading about both the budding romance and Sam's personal growth.
56 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »