Reviews for Convenient
Emerald Dragon77 chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
*SPOILER WARNING*

This is kind of a weird story, but I like it. i suspected Jamie might have died about a third of the way in, but then I became less sure when he came home, etc. It did seem pretty unlikely that someone could live through getting shot in the head and go home like a day or so later. I like how you didn't make it so obvious, even if it was a little confusing.

It's interesting to think that Sam's mind or the ghost or whatever eventually told him to leave/move on. It was an original and fascinating story. Thanks.
Telltale Inkstains chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Heh. I've read some of your stories before- mainly the Jason and Mitchell ones- but I found your LJ account yesterday somehow and discovered your newer stories. I felt I had to review this one because of all the book titles that pop up throughout the piece. I don't know how much it added to the actual story, but it was a cool touch. I've only read like one or two of the books you name, which makes me sad and slightly ashamed. I'm adding some of these to my to-read list. Let's see how that turns out.

I felt the moment where Sam explicitly acknowledges Jamie's death (when Aarron shows up at his house) was a little anticlimatic, but I guess all the drama and denial and quiet acceptance happened in the scene beforehand. I loved that Sam wakes up with a sticky note pasted to his forehead. That imagery made me smile. After plodding through fic after fanfic online with verbose and sickeningly flowery styles and annoying characters, your fics were a welcome relief.
Someone chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
This, dear author, was really awesome. I truly loved it.

The style is somewhat unusual, not something I read often, but really good.
Hollyivy chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
yeah, about half-way through i got the clue that jamie was dead.
Nineheart chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
halgirl chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
This is six kinds of awesome. I cried rivers.
Addicted to Incense sticks chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
This was just, wow!. Really!, it's just like in one of those dreams in which you are not the protagonist nor the antagonist but rather, the observer. When reading this story I felt like I was in a daze. I felt a bit stalkerish somehow. I can just imagine Sam reading one of his book in his armchair, with his knees to his chest; holding his book and reading in utter silence. I found Sams' character really cute. His oblivion secludes him from the rest of the world. He would keep on living in a humble manner. which just makes me want to hug him and ask him if he is okay. Ugh... getting way past the pages here xD
The Elephant Man chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Wow, this was pretty damn interesting. The way Sam deals with his grief, seeing Jamie's ghost and all, going mechanically through the books is a wonderful way or portraying how someone acts after someone close to them has died.

The whole story has this kind of mellow atmosphere to it, like living in a dream, a non-reality, and I think it suits it very well. After all, that's how people usually feel after death.

I really like your writing style, the way you portray the characters and make them a bit quirky and very real. Great work, I have to say, I definitely enjoyed reading this.
Fuurou chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
Love it. _ Stupid prick. At least he seemed regretful when Sam didn't just move on. Yeah, he was regretful... I'm glad he didn't just up and vanish. That would have made him even more of a bastard, in my eyes.

I think I'll look at a few more of your stories now!
StangenBaer chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
This story is amazing!

Is it just me or was it really dreamy and enigmatic?
Tyan chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
Oh, wow. This is gorgeous. I had a painful ache in my throat through the whole thing and then the ending was just so lovely and made it all okay again. Ugh, I wish I was better at reviewing, but know that I -love- this. A lot.
Drizzle chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
lovely story. i can't help but want to know more about jamie. mainly because i tend to root for the underdog ._.;;
Ladyfnick chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
I really don't know what to say. This was really great and cute and sorta creepy at the same time and confusing in the good sense. Um...so yeah, good job?
Crimsonoaks chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
this is probably the first time i seriously don't know what to say in a review. the only thing that comes to mind is "holy fuck" but it gets censored and "holy f-" doesn't do it justice
crack the sky chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
i think i sort of knew jamie was dead, but it was still like ! when aarron said it.

anyways, loved this.