Reviews for Teenage Rebellion For The Socially Impaired
shakeitup chapter 2 . 8/18/2009
I just started your story and I'm already hooked. It's so original. I have to admit I was laughing out loud in a vera vera crazy manner when I read this chapter. I'm sure my family thought I was insane. Great job!
jammi chapter 10 . 8/18/2009
The plot thickens, lol. I still think she's going to end up with Court since whenever she's not touching Track she thinks he's weird, LOL, but I have to say I wasn't expecting them to kiss so soon. Wonder how her brother'll react. I wonder how she'll react once she's away from him and has time to think about what she did.

LOL at her freaking out that she'd hug a serial killer with open arms. There were a few mistakes wording wise, [her grandmother threatened to stab her dad with his knitting needles] and other little things like that.
wassup mah brotha chapter 10 . 8/17/2009
Um, yes... I don't actually remember which challenge I had now. Ha ha? So if you could just tell me... That'd be good.

Also, I wish to inform you that I don't like love triangles. Pick a guy already!

And also, I don't read Russian. You got a new what?

And no, I am not interested in helping. Rather busy at the moment, attempting to not fail at life. The usual.
eh chapter 9 . 8/14/2009
Wait, wait, I forget - who's she going to end up with? Court or Track?

Anyway. Sup mah homey.

When do I have to start that bloody story again? Am I even in it?
quill.and.inkk chapter 9 . 8/13/2009
great! I'm so glad to here your back to your normal writing schedule!

Sorry about your kitty, I've had quite a few pets and it never gets easier.

Ugh, Adelaide's family sounds like mine: a bit dysfunctional but great chapter!
jammi chapter 9 . 8/13/2009
Wow, you've had a sucky time of it [minus the Warped Tour]. Sorry about your cat.

Gotta say, this chapter, made me uncomfortable, mainly that whole section with her father. Sabrina pissed me off, because how stupid do you have to be not to realise no matter what you're going through you have to be a parent for your kids. She was in the terminal stages and you couldn't stand by your wife? You, my good man, are a punk ass and a douche bag. And you Sabrina, better hope you don't catch some kind of terminal disease because you are on your own. 23 and you don't get why he shouldn't have abandonned his kids.

All those excuses and none of them are really worth anything. And even though they don't seem to mind, that whole scene with strangers watching? Brutal [though LOL at her grandfather and uncle getting into it in a random side conversation].

That whole bit was really well done, I'm sure if there had been a bit more build up it would've been sadder, if I had read the previous chapter with her freakout then this right away it probably would've had more impact but even with the lull it told us a lot and it didn't feel like a filler at all, you sort of see why Adelaide is the way she is [her father abandons her mother, her mother dies {abandoning her since she's a child} and then her father abandons her] that would mess someone up/make them go to alternate states. Her grandparents probably didn't help, lol.

Nice throw in of humour to lighten it up before it seemed to be getting a bit too heavy, I think of the chapter had been serious the whole way through, the segue to whatever might be coming next might not work as well. OR there'd be an awkward silence as everyone tried to deal with what just happened, which would've worked as well but your way of doing it was smooth.

Speaking of awkward moments, Wow, bringing up threesomes in front of her family? LOL, admittedly, her father is a bit late in saying what is and isn't a good idea in regards to her since he did give up all rights to her but I can understand her discomfort. And Track, full on kissing her palm? lol, man is smooth/brave or wants Fielding to break his foot of in his throat, one or the other.

Interesting that she can't imagine a physical reaction when she switches Track's face for Court's, but her reaction to Court's voice is more oomph, imo, since she seems to crave it while she's wary or Track. BUT that could be because she doesn't understand how she feels about Track where as Court's voice is an understandable reason for her to want to be near him/hear him speak. This will be interesting.

I gotta say, I do like the fact that this is more focused but still amusing. It's no longer the random type of amusement it had before but now the characters outside of Adelaide seem real as well. I like.

Oh, there is one part in regards to her father where she's not sure if he's really changed and she says she doesn't want to 'hand her self on the clothes line' or something to that affect instead of 'hang'. There might have been more mistakes but I got caught up in the story, lol, and none jumped out at me.
CelticLady chapter 8 . 7/22/2009
Great new chapter I loved it! I can't wait for the next one!
jammi chapter 8 . 7/21/2009
So this chapter did answer the 'what does he want' question but at the same time, it doesn't, LOL, just because i don't see how he thinks another baby will make his kids not feel guilty.

"Well daddy, since you've decided to spawn again and pay attention to me after who knows how many years, of course I'll live with you, totally ignoring the fact that technically I'm almost full grown and you haven't had to deal with none of my problem years! :D"

Yeah, can't see that happening, lol. Especially since his daughter doesn't respect his wife in any way. And she treats her like a child.

Track is about as subtle as a knee to the face and has no filter between his brain and mouth. You'd think after Fielding went off on Pace for the whole 'get a date' thing, he'd be a bit more cautious about he says to her.

Adelaide creates the weirdest situations though I won't lie when she thought Track was a zombie my first thought was 'then Cambridge must be a zombie too' even though I think I know why he's staring at her.

[It figured a zombie wouldn't talk about eating. Sitting next to him was far more than unsettling. I wasn't quite sure what I'd do if he suddenly attacked me.]

I think you mean 'would' talk about eating instead of wouldn't.

Interesting chapter just because of how Adelaide reacts to things. Her father wanting her makes her sit out in the rain and have a big enough attack to call Fielding, she thinks her brother's friend is a roommate and she wishes she had a knife to poke him in the eye.

Probably overanalyzing since I'm sure Adelaide is aware her zombie/alien theories aren't real, but still, the fact that against flesh eating monsters lol, she seems content to think she can handle it on her own but when it comes to her father she needs back up is pretty telling.
pinkfluffyoranges chapter 8 . 7/21/2009
wow every chapter is better than the last! totally crushing on this story and look forward to the next chapter
jammi chapter 7 . 7/15/2009
Hmm, would the old lady really hug her? She seems more like the type to give an awkward pat on the back if she's willing to smack her with a cane. And is this the same cat Adelaide tried to steal before that she's now trying to beat?

Why does her dad want her I wonder? Does Sabina need a new playmate or something? And at 17, what can he really do now? If he is taking her because he wants to look good for business reasons it's a bit late as she's already been raised and you can't really change someone by the time they're 17 anyway.

And if he did get her, did he think she'd like him/thank him for doing it? She might be strange but she also seems insecure.

Interesting chapter, I like that her brother is coming for her no questions asked, it reinforces the image you're creating for him this time around, especially since he seems to think she can't take care of herself.
Mrs Bag Lady chapter 7 . 7/14/2009
Am I the bag lady? I have no idea. Although if I was, I'd be like one of those psycho old grannies on the ads where they carry around bricks in their handbags so that if anyone tries to mug me, I could knock them out cold.

Yeah man. That's just how I roll.

I think some crazy arse bitch broke my foot on the weekend by jumping on my foot with a stiletto. Fucking teeny-bopping club-whores. How do you tell if you've broken a foot bone? Hmm. Maybe I can get a good deal for crutches out of this if I play my cards right.

And no, you can have your shitty horror challenge. But be warned: if whoever made up my challenge complains, you should tell them to suck it up. Because I ain't gonna be writing no in-tah-llec-tu-ahl in-spir-in' story. M-k?

Oh yeah. Nothin' like a good hick accent to really rub in the fact that I'm the antithesis of what they're expecting.

So when are we supposed to start writing? Because I haven't written in at least a year. This is going to take some serious effort. Did I spell serious wrong? It's such an odd looking word. Serious. I think I have.

Anyway. Yah. Catch ya later, dude. -insert stoner-esque-rolling-of-eyes-
hmm chapter 6 . 7/11/2009
I also hope you are in a better mood then.

Are you mad because I bagged your challenge? I'm sorry! Okay, I'm sorry! That doesn't mean you have to be so vindictive that you give me the shittiest one. Because I'm pretty sure I'm going to suck at it. 'Turtle'? Way to be spontaneous and random, NOT. How cliche. And commentary on character sterotypes? How the fuck am I supposed to do that? Add a token gay best friend and make him semi-normal?

Also, I am not a teller. I am a show-er. I think. I mean, I'd hope so. Isn't that the whole point of writing? Creating a picture in the audience's head... blah blah blah. Purple prose? That's all flowery, right? I think that's sorta the same thing as showing. Creating atmosphere and all that jazz. Oh, and then there's the intentionally random 'hare'. Why the FUCK would I have a hare in my story? Just for that, I'm putting in a rabbit. If whoever this is wants to give me retarded shit to work with, then I'm more than happy to bend it the way I see fit. Ha.

All in all it sounds very hard and ambitious and meaningful. You know, shed light on the psyche of poor, stereotypical characters and comment on society, etc. I really don't think I'm up to it. As if, if I do this, I will epically fail.

Are we allowed to do one-shots?

Oh yeah, good 'dog-crap' or whatever you called this chapter. Excellent. May need editing, however, but who needs that?
jammi chapter 6 . 7/10/2009
Yeah, there were some mistakes like you put 'to' where you meant 'you' and little things like that. I don't know why teachers ask certain students questions when they know they're not going to have a valid answer.

LMAO, Adelaide on weed would be frightening, and I can't believe her uncle asked her why she didn't help him pick up girls anymore when her face is all busted up.

It's a short chapter but I had been wondering about her school life since so far all we knew was that she got hit with a laptop. Interesting her father wants her to come see him but he doesn't go to see her. And yeah, barbies at seventeen is not a good look unless they're the type that you can sell for thousands of dollars and even then. Not to mention Adelaide seems like the type to decapitate her barbie and plant the bits in her neighbour's garden.
jammi chapter 5 . 7/1/2009
LOL, Either Pace has some fragile bones or she's stronger than she looks. Actually, it's probably more a result of how she hit him then any muscle mass of hers, but still, lol, glad she wasn't the only one bleeding.

There was a part where you said 'chorused Fielding' which was weird to me since chorused brings to mine more than one person speaking.

And it's adorable that she thinks Fielding is upset because of her not helping him with the whole alien girlfriend thing, when he's frustrated because she got hurt.

LOL at her talking about arson and theft as if they're perfectly acceptable activities.

Hmm... I do wonder what she'll be once she graduates school. Aside from con artist, and that's a skill that seems to end up with her getting hurt, lol, she doesn't appear to have any viable skills.
pinkfluffyoranges chapter 5 . 7/1/2009
I'm so in love with court! He's so sweet and shy. This really is a complete different story, just with the same quirkyness of the predecessor. I think track is going to come out on top though, he has room to grow.
44 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »