Reviews for Power Trip
Ash135 chapter 36 . 2/2
Please update! ! Love this story!
MiranDuranDa chapter 34 . 10/4/2014
So I really love this story, I stayed up till 630am reading it, but there's something I felt I needed to point out. I hate nit-picking, but I felt this was so far from the actual process that I had to say something. I grew up in the music industry. I know recording studios inside and out cuz I had to spend way too many hours in them while I was growing up. You would never, NEVER, record the whole band at the same time. It just doesn't happen. First off, the rooms are pretty small. Unless you're a top 40s artist, you would never get a recording room that looked like the kind you see on tv.

When you're recording, each musician goes separately. The drummer comes early in the morning and puts down his part first. There's a saying in the industry: "the drummer is God." It means he's the one setting the rhythm for everyone else. Everyone else has to fall into his pocket. After the drums each instrument would take a turn recording. So drums first, then the bass would record while listening to just the drum part, then guitar would record listening to the drums and bass together, and vocals would go last listening to all instruments.

If someone both plays and sings, they do their recordings separately, instrument first in the appropriate order. Also, back up vocals and harmonies record before the main vocal part.

With each part doing 5-15ish takes, a three part band like Gavin's would only be able to do 2 or maybe, MAYBE, three songs a day, and renting out a recording studio is ridiculously expensive because you're paying for all the latest equipment to get the best sound. You'd never find a decent recording studio under a few grand an hour. You wouldn't spend that kind of money for just a promo tape. I mean, Nick's rich, but still...

Sorry for the lesson in recording, it was just...way too quick and easy the way it happened in the fic; that's not how it is at all.
A.Collins chapter 36 . 9/30/2014
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS HASN'T BEEN UPDATED AFTER THIS SCENE
OH
MY
GOD

THIS STORY IS SO ADDICTING AND IT'S NOT COMPLETE D:

brb, weeping.
Rikkiqueenofthelake chapter 36 . 7/20/2014
Douchewaters noooo! O my lawd I hope everything turns out ok can't wait for the next update. Great job and keep up the good work!
Just Read It chapter 36 . 4/19/2014
I wish you could continue this.
roxceedel chapter 36 . 4/19/2014
Wait...that's it? That's the ending to this incredible story? I am so sad...:(
roxceedel chapter 34 . 4/19/2014
Only 2 chapters left...NOOO
roxceedel chapter 18 . 4/19/2014
Keep going... 3
roxceedel chapter 17 . 4/19/2014
Excellent! Perfect! Love it all!
Jen chapter 36 . 3/27/2014
Is this really then end? ;( it was such an awesome ride though! I've stayed up all night reading this and I do love it so. I read the prequel as well, so I can sympathise with Gavin to some extent. There is no way Brecken would be interested in him if not for his mad skills, nope. Still he is not going to see it that way at all. :/ hope you find the inspiration to continue.
Gin Fukkatsu chapter 23 . 2/4/2014
This story is awesome! The POV is beautiful, and there's enough drama without making it too melodramatic. I also like that it's not a standard plot either, I mean there are a lot of twists, and they are written to well that they only make me want to read it more and more. I discovered this story last week, just as I was supposed to get ready for my university exams, and I couldn't stop reading it. It is just that awesome. I really hope that Calico Trayce will continue this story soon.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
Why you no update? It's almost 2014 for fxxks sake
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 36 . 12/6/2013
I love this. I love it that, every time we think things are finally falling into place, another obstacle presents itself. I like that Gavin is so obsessed with Brecken that he'll never think of anyone else, and I like that Brecken needs Gavin. I like that they're gonna be separated for a while. Most of all, I want to see the changes Gavin will go through during his separation from Brecken. This is just too good. Too messed up. I love it.
Guest chapter 36 . 11/9/2013
Update please it's been like one and a half years
rAiNwAtEr1 chapter 36 . 11/1/2013
I just found this story and I must say, it's fucking addicting. Brecken is an asshole, but I adore him. Something is definitely suspicious between Collin, Gavin, and Nick; I just hope that whatever that something is, isn't too awful to destroy their relationship forever. I hope everything is explained in this story because I honestly don't want to re-read a regurgitated rendition of events. I like the POV of this story as it. I hope you update again soon!
490 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »