Reviews for Distortioned
Ioga chapter 8 . 5/20/2011
Ok, this was strange. I just recently re-found a copy of this story that had one unread chapter, and spent several minutes trying to figure out what story it could be. The review of course wasn't in my history any more either, because I had written 100 reviews since the last. After reading it a while I went "ohhhh THAT story, but how come didn't I just notice the author before?" (The listings I get on my small reader screen only say the title, seeing the author takes several steps of active finding out. Is why.) I have a few story updates that I'm honestly not really in a hurry to catch up with, but this story just has a very confuseable title - made me think of lab rats and post-apocalyptic fantasy settings that aren't really me-magnets. X-)

But it's good to see the story has been progressing! I also noticed that using ASCII arrows in reviews means that parts of the review is forever lost. Sheesh. I can't remember what the missing parts were anymore, either. I do try to generally communicate in full sentences!

So many sorries about the huge review delay, and I hope you get back to it - you did promise there would be something done about this cliffhanger, after all! O:) (Not that I'm much better - keep dodging the end chapter of one story that was supposed to happen over a month ago and that's supposed to be mostly done... But Fictionpress stories get so little readership when not actively advertised! We vanish into the masses!)
Ioga chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Uh oh, I ran out of Distortioned now! :/ I can completely understand the desire to focus on one story at a time, but I just have to say the magic words: please update this one too at some point! morosely (I think), chapter fourish had a couple of 'it's' in place of 'its', and chapter six had a doubled word: "sound sound" - which could have been, but I doubt it was, intentional. :)

Thanks for this!
April Hare chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
I like Liam. I have a stupid twin too, so I can relate. Um, so one of the Fuller's is Eliza's mom's boyfriend? I'm probably wrong.
April Hare chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
Oh, wow, amazing job! I decided I needed to start reading and reviewing more fiction, and began with yours. I didn't think it'd be THIS good, but I want to know more. Like about the Fullers. But, I'll start with one part I didn't like: the rape. But, I guess it's apart of your story. It would've been kind of cool if the girl was the one to kill the boy. Oh well.

My favorite thing had to be Eliza's overall character. I tend to like characters with insecurities and crap like that, but only because I and everyone I know has them, and that's what makes them real. The Fullers aren't friendly to her. It really breaks the cliche of helpful/good characters also being kind and amiable.

I love it.

The last line was a great element to add suspense, and I look forward to learning more about Stephany, her murderer, the Fullers and Eliza. Like, why's she living with them?
invisible black sheep chapter 7 . 9/21/2009
I think Alex is my favorite character so far... and I don't even know why. Oh well, I like him, and hope to see more of him! :)
invisible black sheep chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
Great story begining! I love how you explained things but not fully, making me want to read more.

I also loved how she explained the Fuller's feelings for her.
Coffee Cups and Candle Jars chapter 7 . 8/27/2009
This chapter was long enough, well to me it was. Keep em comming!
Koki Enwai chapter 7 . 8/27/2009
I only clicked on this because I was reading through your profile and shocked by how similar your personality is to mine.

This story is amazing. There, I said it. Love everything about it, from the characters to the descriptions, to the little dashes and parentheticals.

Can't wait for more.

- KE
Coffee Cups and Candle Jars chapter 4 . 7/13/2009
You describe the killers hate for Stephany very realistically.

Elizas got to find her!
Lucifer the 13th chapter 4 . 7/11/2009
"Is Eliza insane?"

Maybe - I'm guessing - but most insane people don't know they're insane, or the part of them that isn't insane is denying that they really are - just some thoughts. :)

Another good chapter. And the questions at the end are killing me 'cause I want to know lol. Keep it up, and we all go through that stage when writing. That's why I light a candle so I'm calm when I write at night and the morning hours - well, that and to keep the ghosts away. .
Lucifer the 13th chapter 3 . 7/7/2009
Wow. Just wow when describing Alex's schizoprenia - that's all I have to say about that.

The chapter was great and Farren sounds like a fool - or a misogynist (or both). :) Can't wait for the next update though and I hope your trip goes/went well.
Coffee Cups and Candle Jars chapter 2 . 7/1/2009
This is so good

Poor Steph!
Lucifer the 13th chapter 2 . 6/27/2009
Now he can see it too? The Fuller household needs to get out, quick (but if that happens there'd be no story). Oh, and the constant conflict/banter Liam has with Cole is hilarious. It makes them more believable.

I think you did a good job with the chapter. Just keep working! :)
Lucifer the 13th chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Ooh, I love the last line. I almost jumped in my seat (note: almost). I'm going to assume she has a split-personality...and with that, I'm going to read the next chapter.

Laelah.