Reviews for Homicide For Dummies
swords dragons and diet coke chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
I was originally disgruntled by the description and title of this piece but I'm happy that I brushed that aside because this is actually quite a unique yet charming story!
The Imagination Addict chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
omg this is HILARIOUS! hahaha especially at the end when its an ACCIDENT and its an ANIMAL and he considers it a real murder! xD
Yulia11 chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
freaky and scary...but good lol
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
Hmm, I love the introduction, gosh. I mean, even though it's probably the shortest introduction that I've ever read, it has caught my attention. I'm like, "Is David a serial killer, or is he just dreaming?"
Eclipsia Soulbird chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
I could've sworn I reviewed this more than two weeks ago. Anyway, I'm going to start over in this review:

First off, I love this part - "It wouldn't be kosher!" I was rolling on the floor laughing. I like David in spite of his serial killer...ness... (Remember how I told you I have a cold? We're going to blame my lack in good grammar right now on that, OK?)

This is one of the most original mystery/horror/parody stories I've read on FP. Have you read "A Garden of Vipers" by Jack Kerley? It's similar, although slightly darker. It has its moments. Although I would pick this short story over it any day for David's inexplicably charming character.

Unexpected ending, but I love it!
AOK chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
I already said this in the PM I send you about being a beta, but this story is really great. :) It made me smile pretty much from beginning to end. (Although I have to admit in the beginning I was thinking, "You THINK you might be a serial killer? How does one THINK they might be a serial killer?") David is very amusing, and the story is very cleverly written. It's nice to find some humor written into what would normally be such a dark subject.
Cirya chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
Wow, this one-shot was fun. I definitely had fun while reading it. David is quite a charismatic character, if not slightly absent-minded. But what could be more interesting than an absent-minded serial killer that is continually foiled? I especially liked your pacing and word choice, very well written overall.

Til next time, Cirya
The Thirteenth Floor chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Arty: Pft! Ahahaha! This was brilliant! Brilliantly written, brilliantly thought out, and brilliantly funny! I loved David's reaction at the end. Too priceless!
theblue101 chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
I give this a 9.5 out of 10. Very good! And very funny. The last long paragraph is overblown and borders on purple prose, but it works because this guy is a bit of a loony and quite melodramatic to boot. Keep writing! You have talent and imagination.
kodkvnnrjgn chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
This was awesome! It was a dark topic, but there was a lot of humor involved (at least that's how it seemed to me.) The scene with the old man was really funny. Anyway, great job!