Reviews for Tidal Attraction
eiyuang999 chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Discount Nike Air Max 2005 Shop ( )

Discount Nike Air Max 2006 Shoes Shop ( )

Discount Nike Air Max 360 Catalogs ( )

Discount Nike Air Max Ltd Shoes Catalogs ( )

Discount Nike Air Max Tn Men's Shoes ( )

Discount Nike Air Max Tn 2 Women's Shoes ( )

Discount Nike Air Max Tn 3 Customize ( )

Discount Nike Air Max Tn 4 Shoes Customize

( )
lookingwest chapter 9 . 12/18/2009
Huh, all in all nice light read for me, I enjoyed the whole of this a lot and I'm glad that I got the chance to look at it, I'm always interested on takes in relationships!

More specifically for this chapter:

Enjoyed the different relationships you portrayed with Fly and Adie, ect-I didn't get to see much character development with them earlier, so it was nice to see them kind of bloom at least before the story came to a close. Ellie and Adie don't seem so bad now, and I'm totally thrilled that Cam is completely out of the picture now-and kind of annoyed that Ellie and Adie knew he was a dickface and didn't say anything to Jo, XD

Also, after thinking about it, I do like your ending. It kind of leaves it a little open ended and wasn't as cheesy as saying "and they lived happily ever after" though everyone, including Evan's friend, seemed to get along very well. This was one interesting summer! Makes me wish for summer instead of the snow storm outside my window..eh...winter!

check out the review marathon (link in my profile)
lookingwest chapter 8 . 12/18/2009
“What did you want with a guy like him anyway?”-god question Evan ;)

"listening to the waves, til her voice was clear again."-your use of "til" here just proves my point that your WONDERFUL with keeping to the language of your setting, time, and place. You would never use it in Medusa or Freedom Bound, so it really just demonstrates your range.

I like that Jo kind of spills everything out in this and also prepares and bares all of her intentions and back thoughts-I've been wondering why she would ever engage in all of these relationships and I suppose her reason seems believable, but to me, it's still Evan that needs some vices-it seems he hadn't had one serious girl but Jo, I dunno if that's completely believable for me, but I did like even if it isn't, how you contrasted Jo's differences in relationships with his.

For the review marathon (link in profile)
lookingwest chapter 7 . 12/18/2009
Eh...I'm not sure I like where this has gone... I dunno, the whole Cameron beating her seemed a little over done and quick...but taking it for what it's worth:

I did like the cleverness of Evan, even though I feel as though this entire big ploy was administered very quickly-I mean, I didn't get to go into Evan's mind to plan it out very fast, and it just sort of happened. I don't care for it much because it seems all action and I was hoping to explore the character's depth more. But the action itself is pretty fast and exciting, and I'm really fearing for Evan in this last part, it's freaky that Cam is so easily ready to beat people up, but I was hoping I could explore his depths more too, which I didn't get to do-I guess I don't really know why he had motivation to beat Jo-was it because she was with Evan? I mean, I know his motivation for beating Evan but crap, he really just doesn't think things out, XD-looking forward to see if this will break Jo and Evan apart, and if it will bring Evan and Jo together-really interested to see you play this out!

for the review marathon (link in profile)
lookingwest chapter 6 . 12/18/2009
holy buckets of sand! I loved this chapter and its intensity! I liked especially the very beginning, drew me completely in and was very poetic almost, even though it was someone beating the shit out of someone else-I liked it when Evan had to spit the sand out of his mouth too, it was all badass and such. I wish he would have fought the guy back, but then again I'm not sure if I really got a detailed description of how big these guys are, :D

The second part when you mention the invisibility of the blows and bruised evidence was really clever and adds just so much to Evan's character...I have no idea what he's gonna do, just play it off? And the way this chapter too me so much off guard was great, I really didn't expect it, I thought we would lull into Evan just kind of seeing Jo with Cam or something, but BLAM, nope. Eh, this guy means business, and also makes me continue to dislike Cameron's.

lookingwest chapter 5 . 12/18/2009
Hmm, I'm not sure that I like the description at the very beginning of this about the shark attacks from Wikipedia, I'd say that if you do that next time, credit the source at the bottom of the chapter to keep things classy ;) I've liked the earlier chapters when you've described the pool tides, ect-this one felt different and a little more out of place, maybe not as serious to me, because it was about terrible shark attacks, then again at the same time, it made me wonder how in the world it was going to connect to the story, so it got me to be extremely interested with the chapter XD

And ah freakin' a-you do it to me again! I saw it coming this time, XD-CAM. Ugh. Ruining the perfect maybe sex scene! (was a little ambiguous, I'm not sure if the did "it" or not, but it was done tastefully, as mentioned at The Globe, :D). I do like how you added him back in, even if I'm whining about it-it does add the conflict needed to move this along, and I'm really curious to see how Jo will react to this, if she'll clam up or not...adds mystery!

Emily
lookingwest chapter 4 . 12/18/2009
During the second part of this, when Evan surveys Jo for her reactions and mentions the tenseness in her shoulders-that was a really special moment in your writing, it was another great little detail. I liked it because you get the sense that Evan knew her so well last summer, that he can really tell when something is bothering her, it really strengthens their bond!

So glad that this Cameron dude is out of the picture (we hope: I had a character named Cameron once and couldn't stand him, though I haven't finished this story yet so maybe he might reappear, who knows, XD) The rush from the beginning of this to the transition seemed a tad be rushed again, I feel like I want more detail in the first half, more description of the setting, I'm not sure...just more content. But as always, I liked the second part where you got right back to business and you took care to describe the setting where I got a good sense of where they were, especially when you wrote of Evan sitting with a pylon at his back, that was a cool moment-I liked where they had this conversation, I could really visualize it-do you vacation or live near the coast?

lookingwest chapter 3 . 12/18/2009
"letting the gentle morning breeze dry their hair into salty sticks."-loved that image, amazing! I've never read anything described like that before and it really stuck out, but I could really get a feel and an image at the same time-so that's why I liked it so much _

Ugh. Addie and Ellie. Thanks MTV. I do like how they kind of twist things around though because it adds to saying: they've got something up their sleeves, watch out for them! Makes me back on my toes...wonder how Evan will react to this new development too...

lookingwest chapter 2 . 12/18/2009
I liked the mature language that you use, I dunno if I've ever metnioned that before further than your awareness of your setting and time period-but you really have a good grip on a mature vocabulary. Words like "albeit and summerer" plus even the kind of research that you seem to have done concerning tidal waves and tidal pools, ect, add a lot to this peice. It brings it up to another maturity level-wonderful!

The content of this makes me like Jo more, and I think you portray her in a sympathetic way, which I like. She obviously has her vices, but it seems like so far Evan has none, which is a nice contrast-I'd like to see some of his weaknesses ;) But by adding weakness to Jo, instead of me hating her for it, I actually warmed up to her more, understanding where she's coming from better-and this Cam guy-interesting...

lookingwest chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
I kind of like the descriptions with this story, which lured me in, I've liked how you've handled romance before, so I'm excited to see this next relationship develop!

I like your narrator Evan right off, he seems like a reliable good guy and I got that sense because you really gave a great rounding off of his general character through having him also interact with his family.

I'm not sure that I'm digging obvious femme fatal theme here but I am liking how you described Adie and Ellie as being fake because it gave more dimension to Jo who is obviously a little different, if not now, then once upon a time! This reminds me of that show on MTV called Jersey Shore...it's like the Real World...very strange-Adie and Ellie might actually live in that Jersey Shore house, I don't know, XD

From the review marathon (link in profile),

Emily
dear-llama chapter 9 . 6/29/2009
Ack, I haven't been on fp much these days, so I didn't get to read this until now. It's really short but sweet! I'm glad there's a happy ending. I like Evan's personality, I sure would've chosen Evan over Cam immediately! Haha. Good job.
kodkvnnrjgn chapter 9 . 6/17/2009
I love happy endings...This was a good closing. I like how the friends ended up liking Evan, and as readers, we can tell that Jo and Evan are back together.
kodkvnnrjgn chapter 8 . 6/16/2009
Chapter 7 was shocking! But that was really awesome, how Evan helped catch Cam. I hope there's more, but I guess you said this is the end. This was a fun story to read. :)
kodkvnnrjgn chapter 2 . 6/13/2009
Aw...Evan and Jo are perfect together. I have a feeling the Jo is hiding something... She just seems kind of sad, and lonely. I hope she ditches her friends for Evan. haha

Can't wait t read more!
dear-llama chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Ooh, intriguing! Poor Evan. I feel sorry for him already. What's up with Jo? Looking forward to any updates!