Reviews for Living isn't a choice
lipleaf chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
Well, here we go.

Technical aspects- You used repetition very well in this piece. Instead of just repeating the exact same line, you changed it up a bit, but for the most part it remains the same. The repetition in the first lines of the stanzas was interesting, because it was more subtly incorporated. Nice job of not making the repetition boring for the reader.

Flow- I think the piece flowed pretty well. The length of the lines remained mostly the same and did not vary much, and the repetition also helped keep the rhythm consistent.

Word choice- Your word choice here was very simple but still beautiful, very much like the line "Simplicity in it's beauty". That's a perfect way to describe it. The personification in the line "Love enveloping," was also well done, because it gives the image of love being soft and gentle and kind, wrapping around you like a blanket on a cold winter's day.

Subject- The topic you chose to write about was rather vague, but is still one that many have done before. However, it is still unique in the way that you chose to do it- writing about our senses and how they will live to experience another day. Good job.
vendettalexicon chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Well, I have decided, that rather then add the majority of you poems to favorites, I would just add you to favorite authors. Just fyi.

This poem, though slightly overstated, is well written. The flow is wonderful which is a rare thing, and it saouinds good to the tongue. Not to mention the pristine ideas behind it.

-Red