Reviews for Lizard
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
In the second stanza "the scar carved out/of flesh, raised, and when/I reach my palm" sounded odd. I think "the scar is carved out" would sound better.

Other than that the piece was great. As always your imagery was so powerful and unique.
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
Sorry you couldn't participate in the RM. Here's a review from it anyway, and it's of course linked to in my profile :)

I love the detail you have in this. Not only do you describe it so vividly, but the subtle obsercations that you weave into this truly put your readers in the moment.

[it I can still/trace the lineage/of our kiss] I love the image there, of a kiss leaving a scar. Very creative way of wording it.

[a circumstantial ending/devoid of conclusion.] What a perfect conclusion, or lack therof rather. It leaves the reader with an odd sensation of continuence.

Beautiful piece.
Louis Denair chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
stitched to my skin like a tattoo- it actually reminds me of a lizard or a chameleon that changes skin. The lizard is a slippery, sneaky elusive thing and I love it how you made it metaphorical for the instability of love. Good work
Isca chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
"Unbroken." Aww, that's so lovely-a kiss that imprints the skin! :)

"A lizard shimmying up the drain pip in the shower." Whoa. The imagery here is very chilling. Awesome work.
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
Gorgeous poem. I adore it! Keep writing.

Anna _