Reviews for Of Dukes and Peasants
guest chapter 38 . 2/26
Beautiful :)
Sapphire Faith chapter 27 . 2/25
This chapter seems to be building up to climax really well. There were a couple more simple mistakes, such as changing verb tenses and missing punctuation. Also, there was a sentence that I think could have been worded a little more clearly. "An arm shoved Halter brusquely away from the Countess that his drink sloshed to his well pressed vest." I'm not sure how best to reword it, but something seems a little off. However, this chapter was still great as always. Good job!
Sapphire Faith chapter 26 . 2/13
I'm actually excited that the romantic aspect of the story is picking up the pace. Usually, I find that authors force their characters into a romantic relationship regardless of the pace of the rest of the story, but you've managed to balance everything well. I love the quality of your writing, although there are the occasional mistakes (such as the verb tense switch somewhere in this chapter), but every writer makes mistakes. I loved this chapter!
Sapphire Faith chapter 25 . 2/8
So Derek's also realizing his feelings... Interesting. I think Derek should have said that he would at least consider Daniel's business proposal, but it can't be helped, I suppose. Also, I haven't heard of coal mills; did you mean coal mines? I could be wrong, and it doesn't change much anyway. I really liked this chapter!
Sapphire Faith chapter 24 . 2/8
I wonder if Daniel will make Derek even more jealous, presuming he also pursues Serena. There were a couple of mistakes in this chapter ("you're" instead of "your"). Other than that, this chapter was great!
Sapphire Faith chapter 23 . 2/8
Jeremy just ruined it. I was hoping she'd find out all on her own. Ah, well. I supposed it can't be helped. Jealous Derek is adorable. He acts like a lost puppy. Is Serena's grandfather going to make an appearance soon? Great chapter, by the way!
Sapphire Faith chapter 22 . 2/8
Doesn't she just have the most unfortunate circumstances? I'm sure Serena will pull through, though. Derek has already noticed her, anywho. Louise's character made me smile. Her pride in her work is something to be admired, I suppose. I enjoyed the calm before the storm.
Sapphire Faith chapter 21 . 2/8
I miss Lord Fallows. He should be a more prominent character, I think. England was a great choice for this story. Not only does it include all of the titles necessary for this story, but it also possesses the type of weather needed. I'm not sure if you chose it for those reasons, though. I knew Derek would grow tired of Victoria. This chapter was good.
Sapphire Faith chapter 20 . 2/8
There aren't many mistakes that I haven't pointed out before, though I do think that instead of "traitorous friend" it would be best to write "traitorous fiend," but either way works. I wonder if Victoria is more cunning than she lets on. I liked this chapter. The character development is subtle but amazing.
Sapphire Faith chapter 19 . 2/8
Victoria's quick to make her move, it seems. I noticed another change in the verb tense, but it's nothing that can't be fixed. I wonder what would happen in an alternate universe, had Serena accepted Alvin's suit. I'm sure Derek would've blown up about without knowing why. This chapter was good.
Sapphire Faith chapter 18 . 2/8
I did like Alexandria acting motherly (or grandmotherly?) toward Derek. It was sweet. And hilarious. I'm glad the news wasn't that someone died, as I originally thought. I'm looking forward to the second half of the story!
Sapphire Faith chapter 17 . 2/8
Oh, poor Serena. I have a feeling that Derek will meet Victoria again at the party and choose her over Serena. However, I do believe that Derek will tire of Victoria once he finds out her true motives. I just wanted to point out that you accidentally wrote "the England's..." somewhere in the middle of the chapter. Other than that, this chapter was great!
Sapphire Faith chapter 16 . 2/8
I pity the servants in the household. They have so much drama and so many bad tempers to put up with. I like the way the story is progressing. The pace is nice and relaxed, but it isn't moving at an impossibly slow rate, either. You've found a good balance. I think the story could use some hyphens for a couple of the adjectives made up of multiple words (such as "ill-tempered"), but the writing is amazing otherwise.
Sapphire Faith chapter 15 . 2/8
I knew Lilyan would realize the truth. Serena is anything but quiet. I suppose she is normally shy around people at first, but she is quite stubborn and strong-willed. I like Lilyan. She seems really intelligent, and I like that she won't conform to society's expectations. I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter!\.
Sapphire Faith chapter 14 . 2/8
Derek seems to be seeking Serena out. Why else would he happen upon her in the fields? I think Serena should get new shoes, too, because she already has new dresses. The ones she has are probably worn out by now. I guess my hope of the Duchess and the Earl getting together is gone now, but it's all right. I found their entire courtship affair funny. This chapter is one of my favorites so far.
1,101 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »