Reviews for Of Dukes and Peasants
Guest chapter 5 . 4/30
I just realized how similar this Serena is to the Serena in Sailor Moon
Diamondstream chapter 1 . 4/4
I absolutely loved your story and your writing-descriptive with humor making this a pleasant and wonderful read. It is really very good and I love your writing style! You have a flair for writing and please don't stop... it is a really entertaining story and plot.
Maye Saulog chapter 3 . 3/29
Reading this in 2015.. I love the beginning but i think you got the date wrong.. It should be 1871 if she's 16 years old, so i was a little confused there. But maybe someone already pointed this out haha. Hope youre still writing!
guest chapter 38 . 2/26
Beautiful :)
A Reticent Reader chapter 27 . 2/25
This chapter seems to be building up to climax really well. There were a couple more simple mistakes, such as changing verb tenses and missing punctuation. Also, there was a sentence that I think could have been worded a little more clearly. "An arm shoved Halter brusquely away from the Countess that his drink sloshed to his well pressed vest." I'm not sure how best to reword it, but something seems a little off. However, this chapter was still great as always. Good job!
A Reticent Reader chapter 26 . 2/13
I'm actually excited that the romantic aspect of the story is picking up the pace. Usually, I find that authors force their characters into a romantic relationship regardless of the pace of the rest of the story, but you've managed to balance everything well. I love the quality of your writing, although there are the occasional mistakes (such as the verb tense switch somewhere in this chapter), but every writer makes mistakes. I loved this chapter!
A Reticent Reader chapter 25 . 2/8
So Derek's also realizing his feelings... Interesting. I think Derek should have said that he would at least consider Daniel's business proposal, but it can't be helped, I suppose. Also, I haven't heard of coal mills; did you mean coal mines? I could be wrong, and it doesn't change much anyway. I really liked this chapter!
A Reticent Reader chapter 24 . 2/8
I wonder if Daniel will make Derek even more jealous, presuming he also pursues Serena. There were a couple of mistakes in this chapter ("you're" instead of "your"). Other than that, this chapter was great!
A Reticent Reader chapter 23 . 2/8
Jeremy just ruined it. I was hoping she'd find out all on her own. Ah, well. I supposed it can't be helped. Jealous Derek is adorable. He acts like a lost puppy. Is Serena's grandfather going to make an appearance soon? Great chapter, by the way!
A Reticent Reader chapter 22 . 2/8
Doesn't she just have the most unfortunate circumstances? I'm sure Serena will pull through, though. Derek has already noticed her, anywho. Louise's character made me smile. Her pride in her work is something to be admired, I suppose. I enjoyed the calm before the storm.
A Reticent Reader chapter 21 . 2/8
I miss Lord Fallows. He should be a more prominent character, I think. England was a great choice for this story. Not only does it include all of the titles necessary for this story, but it also possesses the type of weather needed. I'm not sure if you chose it for those reasons, though. I knew Derek would grow tired of Victoria. This chapter was good.
A Reticent Reader chapter 20 . 2/8
There aren't many mistakes that I haven't pointed out before, though I do think that instead of "traitorous friend" it would be best to write "traitorous fiend," but either way works. I wonder if Victoria is more cunning than she lets on. I liked this chapter. The character development is subtle but amazing.
A Reticent Reader chapter 19 . 2/8
Victoria's quick to make her move, it seems. I noticed another change in the verb tense, but it's nothing that can't be fixed. I wonder what would happen in an alternate universe, had Serena accepted Alvin's suit. I'm sure Derek would've blown up about without knowing why. This chapter was good.
A Reticent Reader chapter 18 . 2/8
I did like Alexandria acting motherly (or grandmotherly?) toward Derek. It was sweet. And hilarious. I'm glad the news wasn't that someone died, as I originally thought. I'm looking forward to the second half of the story!
A Reticent Reader chapter 17 . 2/8
Oh, poor Serena. I have a feeling that Derek will meet Victoria again at the party and choose her over Serena. However, I do believe that Derek will tire of Victoria once he finds out her true motives. I just wanted to point out that you accidentally wrote "the England's..." somewhere in the middle of the chapter. Other than that, this chapter was great!
1,104 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »