Reviews for Of Dukes and Peasants
Genato chapter 38 . 4/20/2011
your writing style coupled with this genre reminds me of julia quinn. :) i love your conversations between the characters, very humorous and interesting. :)
The Weatherwitch chapter 38 . 4/15/2011
Aw! So sweet . i loved this, well done for a fabulous story!
shushumomo chapter 22 . 4/13/2011
The story is entertaining, although there are a few mistakes. What's confusing is the color of Serena's hair. Is it black or light brown, you call her a brunette most of the time, but also describe her as having black hair and blue eyes.
Uniquely Proud chapter 11 . 4/2/2011
Hello again. :)

Have they let go of the customary bows and curtsies in the late 1800's?

I don't think they have. You might want to look into it. If you take care of the tiny little bits and pieces of historical inaccuracies, your story will be a masterpiece.
Uniquely Proud chapter 9 . 4/2/2011
I'm reading this story for the third time. xD

May I suggest a little bit of editing?

I don't think ladies back in the 1800's used curse words (of any sort) such as 'ass'.

And Derek is a duke so shouldn't he be addressed as 'Lord Cradwell' instead of 'Mr. Cradwell'? :)

Have a nice day! Love this story to bits.
Uniquely Proud chapter 38 . 3/22/2011
Aw, this story is just ADORABLE!

Great piece of work!

Great pacing as well.

I hope you don't mind me adding this story to my 'Community'. :)
wednsdayswithu chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
Great read!

It was like reading one of those historical romance novels.
sweetpea265 chapter 38 . 3/1/2011
I really enjoyed this story! I actually put it in my favorites at the end of chapter 22 because it made me smile. Over all I thought it was pretty well written. It seemed a tad slow in some parts. I really enjoyed all the different character views and getting to know them through their perspective. Now, I'm going to check out your other stories...
yumi23 chapter 38 . 2/26/2011
Yay, I finished it! Haha.. :)
SwtBckyBoo chapter 38 . 2/24/2011
I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading this story! I absolutely loved Serena and Derek and how you wrote their story. I still get a kick out of her hitting him with her shoes. Amazing story! :D
Wahya Koda chapter 38 . 2/19/2011
I loved this story. You did a wonderful job of developing your characters personalities and your plot line. A few mistakes here and there. A tip I recieved from another author that really helps me with my typos. Just set aside the chapter for an few hours or a day if need be. Then reread it; it really helps. Otherwise a great story. I couldn't stop reading until I finished the whole story.
mybeachhouse chapter 38 . 2/12/2011
I really loved the story! Hate/love relationship between female and male leads is my favourite!

Generally, I think you have a talent in writing romance...though I sometimes can't ignore the fact that throughout the entire story, especially in the first few chapters, you tend to use certain words of description repeatedly (ie: brunette). It's not a bad thing though, just maybe it would be better if you use different words describing Serena so that certain words do not come in repeatedly in the readers' head? And it would be lovely to add a bit more description with the settings..etc. to make the story longer and for the readers to have a general view of the environment surrounding the characters. These are just my two cents though! Otherwise...well done on a brilliant story! :D
artmagus chapter 5 . 2/10/2011
hilarious chapter! i like it very much! i really like Selena and Aunt Lexia! one observation though- since i've read many historical novels i think it's safe to say that situated in 19th century the language should have been more formal...
Astarael-11 chapter 38 . 2/5/2011
Oh my golly gosh, this story was epic (and epic in a good way). I absolutely loved it and thought the interactions between Serena and Derek were amazing.

I also loved all the minor characters (the good ones anyway because well, let's just say it, Daniel Halter and Victoria were just jerks), they were so fun to read about.

Anyway, I really liked your story and thought I would just tell you how much I enjoyed it.
hairspray cliche chapter 15 . 2/4/2011
hello, i have just started reading your story recently. i'm not sure if you are aware, but i notices you said earlier that the duke was 21 and his sister 23. i might just be confused, but i thought that further back into the story the duke was said to be 28. just a heads up. great job though.
1,101 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »