Reviews for Of Dukes and Peasants
Dominique Diane chapter 38 . 5/6/2013
I've Been reading this story for 5 hours non-stop! Since 11 pm to 4 am! One of my FAVOURITE STORIES, God it made me cried in some parts. Derek being an ass and Serene just responding him with nasty replies ;) love the story!
Regards,
Diane.
EternalCrimson chapter 20 . 4/23/2013
There are so many logical issues with this story it's painful to read.
1) What is her hair color?! One moment it's brunette and the other it's 'charcoal black'. The darkest brunette goes is a dark brown. I can't keep a vision of her in my mind when you keep changing her appearance.
2) she can't be a countess. She can be an heir presumptive for an earldom (if the title is a matrilineal title), but not a countess - unless she's MARRIED to an earl.
3) you call her Miss Fallows in the story - since she's the daughter of an earl - she's a lady. Addressing her as miss is not only wrong, but insanely rude. Same for his grace. He should never be referred to as Mr. unless he's being insulted.
4)There can only be one duke and one duchess. Same for an earldom. The DOWAGER duchess should be referred to as the dowager duchess. Also, The sister is a lady, she has absolutely no title.
5)If the issue of a sunken ship could be solved with supplementation funds from his fortune, he could have just sent a letter to his man of affairs, secretary or solicitor to deal with it - he didn't have to leave the country if he hadn't wanted to. And not with such haste either.
6)If he has a dukedom... a prosperous dukedom, he wouldn't sully his family name with the taint of trade. very few eligible women with appropriate backgrounds would want to marry him.
7)The duke has HORRIBLE business sense. What's wrong with him? Why in the world (especially in trade) does he not have contingency plan for when a ship or two were to become lost at sea or pirated away? His company should be able to sink the cost... sure his partners were happy - he's a sap and they're profiting from taking advantage of the poor duke. He should have invested/bought stock in another shipping empire so that if a ship sinks, he's can rely on the profits from his competitor/partner to tide over the loss. That's normally how it was done.
8) Your grammar *shudders*. You switch tenses every other sentence, and some times even in the same sentence.
9) In one of the earlier chapters the Dowager duchess says that the house is 'more her's than his'. Moreover, you have the sister say she wants to travel the world without a stuffy husband. I've also noticed the freedom you give the women in your story. They act like post-suffrage/WRM women. A lady would NEVER act like they do, nor take the liberties they have. Women were property of men. The Dowager and his sister were his property. The only thing women of quality were good for was running the household and producing legitimate children with impecible blood lines (which makes their reputation the most important thing about them). Which leads to
10) when he makes a fake engagement announcement, regardless of how 'discreetly' (the news has spread - rumors are horrid things), he has signed his own marriage warrant. If he's any sort of gentleman he's now bound by honor to marry her. If he doesn't he'll be seen as a 'ruin-er of innocents' and shunned from polite society. But this is not only his fault. It's also Lady Serena's. If she had denied the claims immediately, and left his home... or even brought up the fact that they would now have to marry - she wouldn't be (as) ruined, and would still have her reputation... and a choice.
Julia chapter 38 . 4/6/2013
Now I've finished reading this wonderful story :) I think I said most of what I wanted to say in my last review, and I will be reading your other work :)

I'm so so sorry about your dad, I saw that he had past away some years ago.

And thank you for this lovely story.
Julia chapter 36 . 4/6/2013
I love this story :) I didn't like the Duke at first, but now one can't help but like him :)
I think it would do a great deal for the story to fix those grammatical errors, though.
Apart from that you write beautifly.

I'm so sorry about your dad's cancer. I really hope so much that he and you all are okay.
Arithmetic13 chapter 38 . 3/31/2013
Great job on this story! It's wonderful! :D
Julia chapter 4 . 3/31/2013
Oh, I love this story so far!
(I think there are some grammar mistakes, though, but... the most important thing is still the plot and story as whole, and I think that you write beautifly apart from what previous mentioned.) :)
Well, I'll just continue reading then I suppose :)
Nocturnal-Silver-Wolf chapter 38 . 2/23/2013
AWWWWW...
Oh and I think you really need to check your tenses and 'you're's / your
heal me forever chapter 30 . 2/13/2013
god dis words ..so much truth...not because she was better but because she loved him.
all stries say she is better but u said she loved gosh d emotions beautifully written
vivian112233 chapter 4 . 1/20/2013
Was this a long time ago? The "Post Review" button no longer has green letters. I LOVE YOUR STORY
vivian112233 chapter 2 . 1/20/2013
You don't need one worded reviews anymore... your story is one of the best of the best!
dancergirl1997 chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
This story is great! You are so gifted! This is what I think Serena would look like:
. -435232_ (I think it fits hair perfectly!)
or maybe like this except with dark hair: upload/225461525065821863_44sPGh5c_
Can you please post links to pictures of what you think the characters would look like?
Love your story!
Juliet Scar chapter 38 . 1/11/2013
Omg. I LOVE THIS SOOO MUCH! You really should publish an actually book! Or at least have them printed out! On createspace (.com)! You are incredibly talented and I love how your stories are set in the olden times! Please publish one of your stories in book format! I WOULD TOTALLY BUY IT! I read pirate of my dreams too! Both were amazing! Thank you so much for bringing your imagination to words and sharing them with us! I love yo- *cough* I mean... Great job... !
HeadOverHeelsInHate chapter 38 . 12/23/2012
Awwww! I love this story! It's amazingly well written and thought out. Serena and Derek are so cute! I love their banter and the Duke's nickname for her is quite adorable. Eek! It took so freakin long for them to get together. :P love it!
justwhatevering chapter 38 . 12/10/2012
que meltdown. (that's totally not how you spell que.) qyew. haha(:

Noooo! It's overr! I'm sad now.

This story. Was fantastic.

Oh my goodness.

Now I want a boyfriend.

A Duke, actually.

Named Derek.

He's hot.

And I love him 3

You're such a good writer! I hope you never stop! This is amazing.

Brittney(:
justwhatevering chapter 33 . 12/10/2012
can they just get TOGETHER alreadyyy? hahaha i'm impatient(: you can ignore that first comment(;

and your writing is fantastic by the way(: this story is amazing(:
1,058 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »