Reviews for Of Dukes and Peasants
A Reticent Reader chapter 16 . 2/8
I pity the servants in the household. They have so much drama and so many bad tempers to put up with. I like the way the story is progressing. The pace is nice and relaxed, but it isn't moving at an impossibly slow rate, either. You've found a good balance. I think the story could use some hyphens for a couple of the adjectives made up of multiple words (such as "ill-tempered"), but the writing is amazing otherwise.
A Reticent Reader chapter 15 . 2/8
I knew Lilyan would realize the truth. Serena is anything but quiet. I suppose she is normally shy around people at first, but she is quite stubborn and strong-willed. I like Lilyan. She seems really intelligent, and I like that she won't conform to society's expectations. I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter!\.
A Reticent Reader chapter 14 . 2/8
Derek seems to be seeking Serena out. Why else would he happen upon her in the fields? I think Serena should get new shoes, too, because she already has new dresses. The ones she has are probably worn out by now. I guess my hope of the Duchess and the Earl getting together is gone now, but it's all right. I found their entire courtship affair funny. This chapter is one of my favorites so far.
A Reticent Reader chapter 13 . 2/8
I honestly didn't expect Derek to remember any of that. I feel sorry for poor Darwin, being dragged into something of which he didn't want to be a part. I do agree with Derek that fifteen years is a ridiculous amount of time to hold a small grudge like that. I still liked this chapter, though.
A Reticent Reader chapter 12 . 2/8
I'm actually very surprised that Derek let Serena ride Albert, but I suppose he's just softening up a little bit. If Lady Alexandria and Lord Fallows were together (and I'm secretly rooting for them), I think they'd be just like an older version of Serena and Derek as a couple. I love how their characters are similar. I didn't notice any mistakes, and I enjoyed this chapter very much.
A Reticent Reader chapter 11 . 2/8
I love how you name your characters. Is this the end of the dance, or is there more to it in the next chapter? I'm actually not sure who is going to fall in love first: Serena or Derek. Anyway, babies are adorable! I hope Stewart shows up in more chapters although he's not that important to the story. I liked this chapter.
A Reticent Reader chapter 10 . 2/8
I'm really excited to see what happens at the dance. I actually agree with the Duchess on the matter of Victoria. Victoria is only after the money, so she wouldn't be a good match for anyone without changing her priorities. Good chapter!
A Reticent Reader chapter 9 . 2/8
Is Derek becoming more aware of Serena's beauty? I hope he falls for her character first, though. I think Derek will use Victoria as an excuse to get away from Serena. I'm not sure why Serena and her friends didn't just slowly distance themselves from Victoria— Well, I guess it was probably because Victoria would just latch onto them. Great chapter!
A Reticent Reader chapter 8 . 2/8
I don't think Derek's plan of attack was very wise... I enjoy the Duchess playing matchmaker. This chapter was great!
A Reticent Reader chapter 7 . 2/8
I like Alvin's character so far, but I'm not sure what to make of him quite yet. I wonder why Serena's anger was a big issue, and I'm hoping it will be revealed in later chapters. There may have been a couple of extra commas, but the grammar was fine in this chapter. I thought this chapter was very well-written.
A Reticent Reader chapter 6 . 2/8
Will Emily become a little meddling matchmaker? That would be entertaining to see. I think there was a missing word near the beginning of the chapter, but this chapter was all right otherwise.
A Reticent Reader chapter 5 . 2/8
I didn't notice any problems with your tenses in this chapter. Don't worry; I have problems with that, too. It's probably unnecessary to capitalize the first word after quotations when it's only stating who the speaker is.

For example, " '...pick a fight with you!' The man cried..." should probably be " '...pick a fight with you!' the man cried..." However, it doesn't change much.

I really enjoyed this chapter. Serena is probably my favorite character right now.
A Reticent Reader chapter 4 . 2/8
I absolutely love the Earl and the Duchess. They are amazing characters. The meeting between Serena and Derek was very brief, but it worked. I'm really enjoying this story, in case you couldn't tell.
A Reticent Reader chapter 3 . 2/8
I wonder how Serena's and Derek's first meeting after fifteen years will go... There were a couple of mistakes that I saw, such as semicolons swapped for commas and verb tenses changing, but this chapter was great nonetheless.
A Reticent Reader chapter 2 . 2/8
There's not much to say about this chapter, though it is making me slightly more curious about the story than before. I didn't see any mistakes in this chapter, except for the "a" in "A concerned maid courteously..." being capitalized unnecessarily.
1,104 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »