Reviews for Of Dukes and Peasants
Aretice N. Treader chapter 21 . 2/8/2015
I miss Lord Fallows. He should be a more prominent character, I think. England was a great choice for this story. Not only does it include all of the titles necessary for this story, but it also possesses the type of weather needed. I'm not sure if you chose it for those reasons, though. I knew Derek would grow tired of Victoria. This chapter was good.
Aretice N. Treader chapter 20 . 2/8/2015
There aren't many mistakes that I haven't pointed out before, though I do think that instead of "traitorous friend" it would be best to write "traitorous fiend," but either way works. I wonder if Victoria is more cunning than she lets on. I liked this chapter. The character development is subtle but amazing.
Aretice N. Treader chapter 19 . 2/8/2015
Victoria's quick to make her move, it seems. I noticed another change in the verb tense, but it's nothing that can't be fixed. I wonder what would happen in an alternate universe, had Serena accepted Alvin's suit. I'm sure Derek would've blown up about without knowing why. This chapter was good.
Aretice N. Treader chapter 18 . 2/8/2015
I did like Alexandria acting motherly (or grandmotherly?) toward Derek. It was sweet. And hilarious. I'm glad the news wasn't that someone died, as I originally thought. I'm looking forward to the second half of the story!
Aretice N. Treader chapter 17 . 2/8/2015
Oh, poor Serena. I have a feeling that Derek will meet Victoria again at the party and choose her over Serena. However, I do believe that Derek will tire of Victoria once he finds out her true motives. I just wanted to point out that you accidentally wrote "the England's..." somewhere in the middle of the chapter. Other than that, this chapter was great!
Aretice N. Treader chapter 16 . 2/8/2015
I pity the servants in the household. They have so much drama and so many bad tempers to put up with. I like the way the story is progressing. The pace is nice and relaxed, but it isn't moving at an impossibly slow rate, either. You've found a good balance. I think the story could use some hyphens for a couple of the adjectives made up of multiple words (such as "ill-tempered"), but the writing is amazing otherwise.
Aretice N. Treader chapter 15 . 2/8/2015
I knew Lilyan would realize the truth. Serena is anything but quiet. I suppose she is normally shy around people at first, but she is quite stubborn and strong-willed. I like Lilyan. She seems really intelligent, and I like that she won't conform to society's expectations. I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter!\.
Aretice N. Treader chapter 14 . 2/8/2015
Derek seems to be seeking Serena out. Why else would he happen upon her in the fields? I think Serena should get new shoes, too, because she already has new dresses. The ones she has are probably worn out by now. I guess my hope of the Duchess and the Earl getting together is gone now, but it's all right. I found their entire courtship affair funny. This chapter is one of my favorites so far.
Aretice N. Treader chapter 13 . 2/8/2015
I honestly didn't expect Derek to remember any of that. I feel sorry for poor Darwin, being dragged into something of which he didn't want to be a part. I do agree with Derek that fifteen years is a ridiculous amount of time to hold a small grudge like that. I still liked this chapter, though.
Aretice N. Treader chapter 12 . 2/8/2015
I'm actually very surprised that Derek let Serena ride Albert, but I suppose he's just softening up a little bit. If Lady Alexandria and Lord Fallows were together (and I'm secretly rooting for them), I think they'd be just like an older version of Serena and Derek as a couple. I love how their characters are similar. I didn't notice any mistakes, and I enjoyed this chapter very much.
Aretice N. Treader chapter 11 . 2/8/2015
I love how you name your characters. Is this the end of the dance, or is there more to it in the next chapter? I'm actually not sure who is going to fall in love first: Serena or Derek. Anyway, babies are adorable! I hope Stewart shows up in more chapters although he's not that important to the story. I liked this chapter.
Aretice N. Treader chapter 10 . 2/8/2015
I'm really excited to see what happens at the dance. I actually agree with the Duchess on the matter of Victoria. Victoria is only after the money, so she wouldn't be a good match for anyone without changing her priorities. Good chapter!
Aretice N. Treader chapter 9 . 2/8/2015
Is Derek becoming more aware of Serena's beauty? I hope he falls for her character first, though. I think Derek will use Victoria as an excuse to get away from Serena. I'm not sure why Serena and her friends didn't just slowly distance themselves from Victoria— Well, I guess it was probably because Victoria would just latch onto them. Great chapter!
Aretice N. Treader chapter 8 . 2/8/2015
I don't think Derek's plan of attack was very wise... I enjoy the Duchess playing matchmaker. This chapter was great!
Aretice N. Treader chapter 7 . 2/8/2015
I like Alvin's character so far, but I'm not sure what to make of him quite yet. I wonder why Serena's anger was a big issue, and I'm hoping it will be revealed in later chapters. There may have been a couple of extra commas, but the grammar was fine in this chapter. I thought this chapter was very well-written.
1,109 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »