Reviews for Of Dukes and Peasants
Aretice N. Treader chapter 7 . 2/8/2015
I like Alvin's character so far, but I'm not sure what to make of him quite yet. I wonder why Serena's anger was a big issue, and I'm hoping it will be revealed in later chapters. There may have been a couple of extra commas, but the grammar was fine in this chapter. I thought this chapter was very well-written.
Aretice N. Treader chapter 6 . 2/8/2015
Will Emily become a little meddling matchmaker? That would be entertaining to see. I think there was a missing word near the beginning of the chapter, but this chapter was all right otherwise.
Aretice N. Treader chapter 5 . 2/8/2015
I didn't notice any problems with your tenses in this chapter. Don't worry; I have problems with that, too. It's probably unnecessary to capitalize the first word after quotations when it's only stating who the speaker is.

For example, " '...pick a fight with you!' The man cried..." should probably be " '...pick a fight with you!' the man cried..." However, it doesn't change much.

I really enjoyed this chapter. Serena is probably my favorite character right now.
Aretice N. Treader chapter 4 . 2/8/2015
I absolutely love the Earl and the Duchess. They are amazing characters. The meeting between Serena and Derek was very brief, but it worked. I'm really enjoying this story, in case you couldn't tell.
Aretice N. Treader chapter 3 . 2/8/2015
I wonder how Serena's and Derek's first meeting after fifteen years will go... There were a couple of mistakes that I saw, such as semicolons swapped for commas and verb tenses changing, but this chapter was great nonetheless.
Aretice N. Treader chapter 2 . 2/8/2015
There's not much to say about this chapter, though it is making me slightly more curious about the story than before. I didn't see any mistakes in this chapter, except for the "a" in "A concerned maid courteously..." being capitalized unnecessarily.
Aretice N. Treader chapter 1 . 2/8/2015
Though I don't think that not being chosen for tag is necessarily a big deal, I can see why six-year-old Serena held a grudge against the Duke. It must have also been lonely, I suppose. The humiliation didn't quite live up to the expectations I had for it, but that's all right because it's your story, not mine. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Serena and Derek are going to be love interests, though I wonder how that seven-year age gap will fit in. Perhaps it won't even come up? I like your writing style. I didn't see any mistakes in the grammar, so good job! I'm really enjoying the story so far.
Guest chapter 9 . 2/2/2015
Hey, I guess you are not using this site but still some day you may see this and I hope it ll bring a smile to your face (wishful thinking). I have read this story so many times, truly, I can't get enough I guess, I like the main protagonists bickering with each other, their sweet moments, then Derek's possesivness ( I like that the most) and then falling in love...I have read many romantic stories and I won't hesistate in saying that its one of the best story in fictionpress, the way of your writing, way of explaining things, WoW, its great, thanks for sharing this book with us, thankyou :) :)
7nan chapter 38 . 1/13/2015
Love this! Their bickering cracked me up haha. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Guest chapter 38 . 12/29/2014
Loved this one! Hahhaaaa great to see a "pig-tail theory " story... Little boys pull pigtails of girls they like! ;)
gyoung chapter 38 . 11/5/2014
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. I did not use to like the jerk-type guy falling in love with the heroine, but I have read so many stories with the couple starting off with hate and I like it. Plus, Derek is such a softy when Serena comes into play. I loved the whole story and the insults made me crack up every time. Wonderful!
gyoung chapter 37 . 11/5/2014
I mentally slapped my head when Derek asked Serena if she loved him! Goodness, that guy always starts on the wrong foot. He has to say he loves her first! This unconventional couple...I love it. :)
gyoung chapter 25 . 11/5/2014
Derek's reaction made me laugh and say awwwwww.
gyoung chapter 3 . 11/4/2014
Um...is Serena black-haired or brunette? Confused here.
Elizabeth Newsom chapter 38 . 10/3/2014
Aww, that was such a lovely story! Nicely done ;)
1,110 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »