Reviews for Of Dukes and Peasants
Aretice N. Treader chapter 2 . 2/8
There's not much to say about this chapter, though it is making me slightly more curious about the story than before. I didn't see any mistakes in this chapter, except for the "a" in "A concerned maid courteously..." being capitalized unnecessarily.
Aretice N. Treader chapter 1 . 2/8
Though I don't think that not being chosen for tag is necessarily a big deal, I can see why six-year-old Serena held a grudge against the Duke. It must have also been lonely, I suppose. The humiliation didn't quite live up to the expectations I had for it, but that's all right because it's your story, not mine. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Serena and Derek are going to be love interests, though I wonder how that seven-year age gap will fit in. Perhaps it won't even come up? I like your writing style. I didn't see any mistakes in the grammar, so good job! I'm really enjoying the story so far.
Guest chapter 9 . 2/2
Hey, I guess you are not using this site but still some day you may see this and I hope it ll bring a smile to your face (wishful thinking). I have read this story so many times, truly, I can't get enough I guess, I like the main protagonists bickering with each other, their sweet moments, then Derek's possesivness ( I like that the most) and then falling in love...I have read many romantic stories and I won't hesistate in saying that its one of the best story in fictionpress, the way of your writing, way of explaining things, WoW, its great, thanks for sharing this book with us, thankyou :) :)
7nan chapter 38 . 1/13
Love this! Their bickering cracked me up haha. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Guest chapter 38 . 12/29/2014
Loved this one! Hahhaaaa great to see a "pig-tail theory " story... Little boys pull pigtails of girls they like! ;)
gyoung chapter 38 . 11/5/2014
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. I did not use to like the jerk-type guy falling in love with the heroine, but I have read so many stories with the couple starting off with hate and I like it. Plus, Derek is such a softy when Serena comes into play. I loved the whole story and the insults made me crack up every time. Wonderful!
gyoung chapter 37 . 11/5/2014
I mentally slapped my head when Derek asked Serena if she loved him! Goodness, that guy always starts on the wrong foot. He has to say he loves her first! This unconventional couple...I love it. :)
gyoung chapter 25 . 11/5/2014
Derek's reaction made me laugh and say awwwwww.
gyoung chapter 3 . 11/4/2014 Serena black-haired or brunette? Confused here.
Elizabeth Newsom chapter 38 . 10/3/2014
Aww, that was such a lovely story! Nicely done ;)
Elizabeth Newsom chapter 26 . 10/3/2014
Awww, this story is soo sweet! I love how they slowly fall for each other :)
Guest chapter 38 . 9/19/2014
So cute
Julietish chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Hi! It's Juliet from A Drop of Romeo. When your story was featured on ADoR, this review was written for it: This is one of my favourite stories in the whole of FP-dom and it is easy to see why Lenah C has earned herself over 1,000 reviews, for starters, it has excellent grammar and pacing throughout and a vibrant cast of characters that never feel flat, no matter the size of the role they play.

The two leads, Derek and Serena, have incredibly alchemy (chemistry so good, it’s golden!) as their relationship develops through their many, many spats. It is through this heady mix of wit and beguiling characters that Lenah C keeps you pressing that ‘Next Chapter’ button.

The general feel of the nineteenth century is well captured, especially the close scrutiny of upper class society and the pressures upon young ladies to behave ‘properly’. My main criticism of this story would be in this context, as it does not feel specific enough to the Victorian setting; Serena is allowed to exercise a slightly unbelievable amount of freedom when at home with her Grandpa.

This story seems long at first, but the chapters are of a reasonable length and despite having read it for the umpteenth time, I find it still grips me with the same ferocity as it did on my first read. In short, I love it!
BlackHare9 chapter 38 . 8/25/2014
I read the whole of this story in less than two days, I just couldn't stop once I tarted
Grespitchied chapter 38 . 7/10/2014
Awhhhhwhwhwhwhw I love the ending! It's the cutest! Little duchess! I wish this could be turned into a movie or something! I love Serena! They're both so stubborn I can't help but laugh! They're 'hatred' towards each other is so adorable. Nice one!
1,105 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »