Reviews for Of Dukes and Peasants
justwhatevering chapter 23 . 12/9/2012
Pfft. 'Bout time someone figured it out!(:
justwhatevering chapter 22 . 12/9/2012
*que giggles of delight*
justwhatevering chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
I have a feeling that I'm going to like this story(:
loraven chapter 3 . 12/7/2012
so...
you do know that 5 miles by horse or carriage would take less then an hour right? it takes 50 min to JOG that far. if you where to run and a good pace it would take you around 40 min. and a horse can move a hell of a lot faster then a human. to top it off, unless the lady was against exercise, it was considered haute ton to go riding every day. ladys would most often go riding to other estates, which were often miles away, in order to have a morning visit. when in one of the larger citys, such as bath or london, ladys would ride in parks, or take quick trips out of the city. of course the ladys would have grooms to attend them and to provide safety, and maybe a maid for respectability's sake.
theDollophead chapter 26 . 12/5/2012
Hi! I know this story is older, and you're probably not responding to reviews anymore, but who do you mean by face shop model, because the only girl who came up was Seohyun from SNSD, and I highly doubt Serena is asian :P

BTW loving this story. The characters are so interesting and full, and it's actually nice reading a story without a complicated love triangle for once :)
junebird28 chapter 38 . 12/4/2012
I LOVE, LOVE LOVE this story. I've been looking for a story like this for a very long time. Like really long. I love historical romance, I feel like romance was just so much better back then. The passion is all the same, just with a lot more class. And you captured it really well. The beautiful, extravagant homes and gowns and parties with royalty and everything. It was amazing. I love the relationship between Serena and Derek. It was entertaining and it was really good to see how it progressed. Very, very nice. Thanks for writing it! :D
DELETED ACCOUNT. SORRY chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
awesome chapter! can't wait til she throws a shoe at him! mwahhahahahahah!
HalfwayParanoid chapter 38 . 11/20/2012
Wow, out of all Regency novels I have read and re-read, this one is up there with them. Why haven't you gotten it published yet?
On another note, I don't think you had any spelling errors, but I only read this within two days as well.
Anyway, I liked this one really well.
Guest chapter 38 . 11/19/2012
I love it! I've read 'Pirate of my Dreams' as well, but this is definitely my favourite :)
xx
AsToldByRooibos chapter 38 . 11/18/2012
A beautiful story, I absolutely loved it!
The constant switch up from past to present tense -and vice versa- rattled me in the beginning chapters, but mental corrections helped me look over all that until the end. I truly enjoyed the entire read from beginning to end.
Thank you for it.

Cammie Cassia Chase chapter 38 . 10/29/2012
I love it. This is like my favorite story on here. No joke. Amazingly written, great plot, love the characters. In short, I love it!
-Cam
Hina chapter 36 . 10/23/2012
You need a fact checker. Your story is so good and very well written, that it's immensely frustrating when I read things that are so blatantly wrong. It makes me pause in the story when I cringe at some of the stuff you've written.

1)There can only be one duchess and one duke for a title. That means that The sister would be referred to as a lady and a relative/sister of the duke not a duchess. Moreover, the grandmother would be the dowager duchess or referred to as 'your grace'
2)A woman can't inherit a title. In some cases, assuming this is one of them, where the title is passed onto the daughter (due to the lack of a direct male heir or any male cousins) the daughter would then be the "heir presumptive" to the earldom and would not be addressed by the title until she was married and actually inherited the title (ie the grandfather would have to die).
3) Planes? REALLY? PAPER PLANES?! What is wrong with you?! This is set in 1876, not 1903 and beyond! (only thing that really bothers me so far)

And not a complaint or comment but a short history lesson and then a question:
4)In the fifteen years following 1874, aristocracy lost fortunes in coal mining when it took a sudden downturn. This was one of the factors that led (I'm infering) to the massive loss of fortunes in the English aristocracy. When the royalty finally realized their insurmountable debts weren't going away they decided to 'sully the bloodlines for money' and turned to the Americas, where many immigrants were making fortunes for themselves (new money) and were willing to sell (ahem.. I mean marry off) their daughters for titles.
I understand that this is a really silly question to ask(as this is a fiction), but It's been killing me... if Dillan was monopolizing the coal industry, then where were the other aristocrats getting their income from, and 2) how was he not losing immense amounts of money already if he owned the majority of the coal mines?

My fictionpress name is "EternalCrimson" Sorry I'm not logged in, feel free to PM me and sorry if it sounds like I'm ranting or bashing, I'm really not. You have amazing writing skills and love the romance and the story. You've mostly got the personality of the tonn and the hierarchy down pat, and the fashions and well close to everything else (ps, your use of occasional slang and 'modern speak' is entertaining) :) I love your story and hope you keep up the good work and get a Beta or something that understands the historical part a little better than you.
whatthegreencarrot chapter 5 . 9/30/2012
So if Alexandra is related to both Derek and Serena, wouldn't Derek and Serena therefore also be related? And if they are indeed related, then how would Serena be a peasant?
whatthegreencarrot chapter 3 . 9/30/2012
[Half convinced, the brunette sighed. She couldn't walk away like a coward: her pride won't let her. Besides, it's been fifteen years since the tea party incident. She's not a child anymore to be hindered from her lifelong dream by an]... You wrote "she's not a child" when it should probably be "she wasn't a child." I also noted that you said it had been "fifteen years," but she was sixteen then, and six at the tea party incident. So technically, it'd be impossible for anything such.

You also wrote Serena to be a brunette, but you also said that she had black hair. Brunette means that the said person would have brown hair.

Constructive criticism :)
Andramion chapter 38 . 8/18/2012
Oh wow. I was just looking for a bit of entertainment before going to bed when I came across this story.
I read straight through the night.
I think it was great, incrediby well-written and I loved the characters. Props for Jeremy, what an amazing friend he is. I think my heart did swell and fall along with both Derek and Serena.
I am so tired right now, but it was worth the time.
So as I get ready to crawl into bed, I want to thank you for this amazing story!
1,058 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »