Reviews for Of Dukes and Peasants
berniwidow chapter 38 . 8/16/2012
Wow! I loved this story so much! I've been reading non stop since I started three days ago (I think)
I really liked how the characters changed their attitudes toasted each other slowly, and not abruptly, because it made it seem so much real instead of other stories where the characters change their personalities completely.
Thanks a lot for this story and I hope you'll start a new one soon! How ever, I'll see you in your next story! Bye!
Guest chapter 38 . 8/7/2012
Loved reading your story! Very entertaining,and pretty well thought out. You could have used some more research as I'm sure they weren't throwing paper airplanes in the 1800's, lol. But I didn't mind a bit, kind of made me laugh to think of a duke throwing around a paper airplane. LOL. Very well written and I truly loved all of it. I do wish you had put in there what happened to the horrid man that tried to assualt her, but I will survive. Keep up the good work, can't wait to read more of your writing!
C chapter 38 . 8/4/2012
I really enjoyed this, however the ending was a bit anticlimactic.

X
Rosalinda Pink chapter 38 . 7/30/2012
This whole piece was absolutely fantastic. Emmy is completely right, those two are adorable! I usually don't read historic things, but this just pulled me in from the first line.
Catherine chapter 20 . 7/21/2012
Oh my god. How can i explain what i feel about the story up till now?
ITS AMAZING.
I LOVE IT
Ive read so many things on fiction press a handful of which I've adored! And I've been looking for a story that could beat them, and this has done it all. Everything, the way you've written it, the story, the witty remarks... all is amazing.
Maria chapter 38 . 7/9/2012
A very sweet story;the dukes jealousy was hilarious and serena with her temper as n how the stables are an important part of all their 're quite a good writer and deserve all the praise i see in your other job!
Sayuri. J chapter 38 . 7/8/2012
Eeeep! Such a good story this! I love how Derek and Serena stayed true to themselves even after they got married... 3 cheers for the peasant and the arrogant Duke!
blueee chapter 38 . 7/6/2012
This is so cute ._. _
Le Tigre chapter 38 . 7/4/2012
Hey, just to let you know, this story has been added to A Drop of Romeo under the Historical section!
This is one of my favourite stories in the whole of FP-dom and it is easy to see why Lenah C has earned herself over 1,000 reviews, for starters, it has excellent grammar and pacing throughout and a vibrant cast of characters that never feel flat, no matter the size of the role they play.
The two leads, Derek and Serena, have incredibly alchemy (chemistry so good, it’s golden!) as their relationship develops through their many, many spats. It is through this heady mix of wit and beguiling characters that Lenah C keeps you pressing that ‘Next Chapter’ button.
The general feel of the nineteenth century is well captured, especially the close scrutiny of upper class society and the pressures upon young ladies to behave ‘properly’. My main criticism of this story would be in this context, as it does not feel specific enough to the Victorian setting; Serena is allowed to exercise a slightly unbelievable amount of freedom when at home with her Grandpa.
This story seems long at first, but the chapters are of a reasonable length and despite having read it for the umpteenth time, I find it still grips me with the same ferocity as it did on my first read. In short, I love it!
The Quotidian Life chapter 38 . 7/2/2012
I love ODAP! Such a wonderfully written story. I definitely fell in love with Derek and Serena. Even though I love reading stories set long ago, I'm not exactly sure whether those names you picked out were common, but nevertheless I love it!

Cheers
TQL
Ngoc1231 chapter 38 . 6/30/2012
Omg this was so cute! And I loved the proposal! They do compliment each other so well.

Love the story!
*Ngoc1231*
The Siege chapter 38 . 6/27/2012
Aw this was adorable! I literally just sat in front of my computer for 3 hours straight, reading this. I love it!

I have to say that Derek was just reeeeeeeeeeally mean sometimes. If I were Serena, I probably would've had negative self esteem by chapter 5! :D
dontletgo chapter 38 . 6/20/2012
1001 person to comment :) Your story is amazing and I always reread when I ever have the time, stay awesome :)
NinjaBaconShallRule chapter 37 . 6/18/2012
I am your thousandth reviewer! (I think that's how you say it) Anyways, this story is one of those stories that sent my heart fluttering! Love it! And I love it! :D
NinjaBaconShallRule chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Love it! One of my favorite stories! Love the plot for this story!
1,058 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »