Reviews for Of Dukes and Peasants
Julietish chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Hi! It's Juliet from A Drop of Romeo. When your story was featured on ADoR, this review was written for it: This is one of my favourite stories in the whole of FP-dom and it is easy to see why Lenah C has earned herself over 1,000 reviews, for starters, it has excellent grammar and pacing throughout and a vibrant cast of characters that never feel flat, no matter the size of the role they play.

The two leads, Derek and Serena, have incredibly alchemy (chemistry so good, it’s golden!) as their relationship develops through their many, many spats. It is through this heady mix of wit and beguiling characters that Lenah C keeps you pressing that ‘Next Chapter’ button.

The general feel of the nineteenth century is well captured, especially the close scrutiny of upper class society and the pressures upon young ladies to behave ‘properly’. My main criticism of this story would be in this context, as it does not feel specific enough to the Victorian setting; Serena is allowed to exercise a slightly unbelievable amount of freedom when at home with her Grandpa.

This story seems long at first, but the chapters are of a reasonable length and despite having read it for the umpteenth time, I find it still grips me with the same ferocity as it did on my first read. In short, I love it!
BlackHare9 chapter 38 . 8/25/2014
I read the whole of this story in less than two days, I just couldn't stop once I tarted
Grespitchied chapter 38 . 7/10/2014
Awhhhhwhwhwhwhw I love the ending! It's the cutest! Little duchess! I wish this could be turned into a movie or something! I love Serena! They're both so stubborn I can't help but laugh! They're 'hatred' towards each other is so adorable. Nice one!
PenMasterEm chapter 38 . 6/6/2014
This was a wonderful and adorable story. I enjoyed it very much though I recommend you edit the modern slanders. The word "jerk" and the contractions were not part of English vocabulary then. I also noticed the occurrence of "okay", though it didn't appear often. That wasn't part of English dialogue until the World Wars. I mean, editing is not mandatory. I just love reading things the the time periods vernacular language but the dialogue certainly didn't take anything away from the story besides the background. But nonetheless, it was a very heartwarming story with admirable characters. Keep writing, you have so much potential!
Why-do-I-need-a-username chapter 38 . 4/29/2014
Wow...I love that. WOW. That was so awesome! Wowowowowowowowowow. Sorry it's just so wow :D
MusicGurl8129 chapter 23 . 2/12/2014
I have a feeling Derek will get Engaged to Victoria maybe? He's probably mad about Serena & Jeremy's 'secret' Engagement. Hm... we'll see...
MusicGurl8129 chapter 15 . 2/12/2014
I like Lilyan! She seems cool. Good job on this Chapter :)
MusicGurl8129 chapter 3 . 2/12/2014
This seems cool, I've never read a Story from that way back in Time. This seems pretty good so far! :)
leavesfallingup chapter 5 . 12/10/2013
"Why yes, Your Grace, I would like to apologize... You see, I was aiming for your overinflated head. How could I have missed such a gargantuan target?"
heal me forever chapter 24 . 12/3/2013
Readng it all over again _ such a kickass stry God bless 3
Do we get a squeal for theie daughterS?
heal me forever chapter 38 . 12/3/2013
its awesum... i am offically love wth this story...:) 3
bubublacz chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
Oh this is so cute :D
mk chapter 38 . 11/26/2013
I loved every single bit of this story! You're an amazing writer!
cloudburst chapter 22 . 11/24/2013
I have been immensely enjoying your story today. Reading it the entire day. Until I realized you live in Manila or a Filipino when you nentioned Ondoy. I am so amazed. Looking forward to finishing this! (I know you've written this a long time ago but really it is great!)
Princess Wanderer chapter 3 . 10/22/2013
so is she a brunette or does she have black hair!?
1,108 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »