Reviews for Of Dukes and Peasants
MusicGurl8129 chapter 3 . 2/12/2014
This seems cool, I've never read a Story from that way back in Time. This seems pretty good so far! :)
leavesfallingup chapter 5 . 12/10/2013
"Why yes, Your Grace, I would like to apologize... You see, I was aiming for your overinflated head. How could I have missed such a gargantuan target?"
heal me forever chapter 24 . 12/3/2013
Readng it all over again _ such a kickass stry God bless 3
Do we get a squeal for theie daughterS?
heal me forever chapter 38 . 12/3/2013
its awesum... i am offically love wth this story...:) 3
bubublacz chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
Oh this is so cute :D
mk chapter 38 . 11/26/2013
I loved every single bit of this story! You're an amazing writer!
cloudburst chapter 22 . 11/24/2013
I have been immensely enjoying your story today. Reading it the entire day. Until I realized you live in Manila or a Filipino when you nentioned Ondoy. I am so amazed. Looking forward to finishing this! (I know you've written this a long time ago but really it is great!)
Princess Wanderer chapter 3 . 10/22/2013
so is she a brunette or does she have black hair!?
MT chapter 38 . 10/3/2013
Man. That was epic! Not sure if you're still reading these, but I must say, thank you for writing this! I just love those two together
tempohrary chapter 38 . 9/1/2013
I love how you ended it with Derek calling her a "peasant," haha.
CharlieJuliet chapter 12 . 7/28/2013
I'm loving every chapter so far. I particularly like that Derek doesn't realize Serena is beautiful (or should I say self denial hehe).
CharlieJuliet chapter 6 . 7/28/2013
I'm not into this kind of story but I'm actually loving it.
lunaknight987 chapter 38 . 5/30/2013
awww the ending is so cute! im glad that derek and serena still banter around with each other except now its even cuter because they're openly in love! is there any possibility of a sequel between nicolette and little rand..?
Dominique Diane chapter 38 . 5/6/2013
I've Been reading this story for 5 hours non-stop! Since 11 pm to 4 am! One of my FAVOURITE STORIES, God it made me cried in some parts. Derek being an ass and Serene just responding him with nasty replies ;) love the story!
Regards,
Diane.
EternalCrimson chapter 20 . 4/23/2013
There are so many logical issues with this story it's painful to read.
1) What is her hair color?! One moment it's brunette and the other it's 'charcoal black'. The darkest brunette goes is a dark brown. I can't keep a vision of her in my mind when you keep changing her appearance.
2) she can't be a countess. She can be an heir presumptive for an earldom (if the title is a matrilineal title), but not a countess - unless she's MARRIED to an earl.
3) you call her Miss Fallows in the story - since she's the daughter of an earl - she's a lady. Addressing her as miss is not only wrong, but insanely rude. Same for his grace. He should never be referred to as Mr. unless he's being insulted.
4)There can only be one duke and one duchess. Same for an earldom. The DOWAGER duchess should be referred to as the dowager duchess. Also, The sister is a lady, she has absolutely no title.
5)If the issue of a sunken ship could be solved with supplementation funds from his fortune, he could have just sent a letter to his man of affairs, secretary or solicitor to deal with it - he didn't have to leave the country if he hadn't wanted to. And not with such haste either.
6)If he has a dukedom... a prosperous dukedom, he wouldn't sully his family name with the taint of trade. very few eligible women with appropriate backgrounds would want to marry him.
7)The duke has HORRIBLE business sense. What's wrong with him? Why in the world (especially in trade) does he not have contingency plan for when a ship or two were to become lost at sea or pirated away? His company should be able to sink the cost... sure his partners were happy - he's a sap and they're profiting from taking advantage of the poor duke. He should have invested/bought stock in another shipping empire so that if a ship sinks, he's can rely on the profits from his competitor/partner to tide over the loss. That's normally how it was done.
8) Your grammar *shudders*. You switch tenses every other sentence, and some times even in the same sentence.
9) In one of the earlier chapters the Dowager duchess says that the house is 'more her's than his'. Moreover, you have the sister say she wants to travel the world without a stuffy husband. I've also noticed the freedom you give the women in your story. They act like post-suffrage/WRM women. A lady would NEVER act like they do, nor take the liberties they have. Women were property of men. The Dowager and his sister were his property. The only thing women of quality were good for was running the household and producing legitimate children with impecible blood lines (which makes their reputation the most important thing about them). Which leads to
10) when he makes a fake engagement announcement, regardless of how 'discreetly' (the news has spread - rumors are horrid things), he has signed his own marriage warrant. If he's any sort of gentleman he's now bound by honor to marry her. If he doesn't he'll be seen as a 'ruin-er of innocents' and shunned from polite society. But this is not only his fault. It's also Lady Serena's. If she had denied the claims immediately, and left his home... or even brought up the fact that they would now have to marry - she wouldn't be (as) ruined, and would still have her reputation... and a choice.
1,101 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »