Reviews for View from the Top
Juniorette chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
This was a really well rounded story. Great characterization from the moment Matt walked in, as well as being able to describe their relationship in a concise but thorough way. Nice work!
perfectly bemused chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
I absolutely loved this story! I love basketball players and I wish Matt was a real person because he's adorable. This has got to be one of my all time favorite one-shots I have ever read.

I love how you ended it too, you didn't exactly say they were together, but you left it open and the reader gets to decide what happens next.

Great work!
Beautiful Destination chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Aw...this was adorable! Matt is such a cutie :)
Insomnia Breeds Insanity chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
I love this! It reminded me of the time my grandma informed me that when I got married, he'd better be tall, because if I got knocked up by a short guy, our kids would be short. I'm five feet tall. I think that my height went into all the wrong places. Or all the right places, if you look at it from a guy's perspective.
squiggle-line chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
aw, now. that was cute. :)

You do a good job of explaining their relationship, but then showing it too. There're so many nice little details in this story - Katy noticing that everything is dusty, the water bottle, freaked out about Matt encountering her tampons, the mismatched socks, the fabric softener! I love the remark about needing to switch brands at the height of the tension...it's a bit of humor to lighten up the mood, but it's also believable.

Just one thing that didn't jibe with me: I was surprised by how upset Katy was about her exams. She mentions that she's not feeling good about something at the start but it didn't seem serious ("Sorrows like mine just couldnn't be cured any other way.") and she didn't seem to be dwelling on it negatively. I can understand someone being upset over grades to the point of crying, but I think that usually also points to other underlying issues (in serious academic trouble on one extreme, to an unhealthy perfectionist attitude on the other), neither of which I think fit Katy. So the crying session left me a little perplexed. I guess I just needed more of a lead up. Another angle would be to have her be upset about something more general, something as simple as having a bad day. Everyone has bad days, people cry over bad days, and it doesn't have further implications. I think it would even work if failing an exam was part of her bad day, as long as it isn't the central theme. I love that line though: "Sorry, I can't think of anything else to write." I've written similar things on exams and would be sad if you had to cut it.

Overall, nicely done. And you even described setting! I think that's one of the hardest things to do smoothly and you pulled it off. Thanks for sharing!
Cora Leporidae chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
I love that the entire time she's on a chair! hilarious AND adorable! i'm sure i have a personal bias, since i'm 5'3", but this was just perfect.
natmarie chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
The description in this is fabulous, I can totally picture your characters and you do it without flat out saying: Suzy is a blond ten foot tall girl with pale skin... or something like that. A talent that is rarer than one may think. Fabulous.

The failing the midterm thing is a very unique idea and you pull of Katy and Matt very well. It is very realistic and their dialogue smooth and fluid. I could picture myself in either of their shoes (Even Matt's boat sized ones ;))Very cute scene and simple in it's own way. Not cliche or over done. Nice work.
gigi-2000 chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Aw. That was cute. I've always wanted to see what it was like to be short, becasue I'm 5'10". Are you short personally, or do you just write about short people? A lot of my characters are short and have completely different coloring than I do, but that's just because I find it interesting to see something from a different perspective. What didn't you like about Waitress? I LOVE that movie. It was a little strange, but I like that sort of stuff. Have you ever seen The Royal Tenenbaums? . . . I'm rambling.
nirnas chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
*waits for a moment*

I have to let the fuzzies subside before doing anything, or else I'll bumble on and on like an idiot. XD Thank you for liking the Painter, by the way, because your review led me to this lovely little oneshot. What you wrote proves that you don't need too much in a romance oneshot to make the readers feel all gurgly and gooey and overall wonderful. I really, really enjoyed this, especially the fact that Katy is unique and that you managed to convey the personalities and emotions so well in this piece. Never seen the 'Waitress' movie you referred to, but I think I've seen a trailer somewhere. Oh, well, great job anyway! :D

Keep up the great work! :3

QuartzQuill
anitsirK chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
That was realy GOOD. :) Kind of obvious you, yourself, are an English major too. The quotation marks with Waitress and the big words. Well-written too. Good job! I'm going to read more of your work. KEEP WRITING! :)
Kellybear chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
I have such an obsession with hugs, and this just enhanced it. Wonderfully written, and much more realistic than other one-shots out there. :)
Spurlunk chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
AW! I just love this one shot. It's awesomeawesomeawesome. I love how you conveyed so much emotion with nothing more than a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I loved this paragraph a lot. It just flowed perfectly. '“Waitress,” which I hated because it was just stupid and awful, but there was this one really cute scene where the guy just hugs her forever and that’s all. He just holds her. And I remembered wanting to be held like that and now I was, and suddenly, I just really, really liked my friend Matt. That and I sort of wanted to melt. Actually, I was melting. Just a little.'

I really envy your ability to seemingly effortlessly get a feeling and emotion across. It's something I really really have to work for. P
Katie Valentine chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
I like it, hehehe. Very sweet. Gosh, if it only this would happen to me.. :D
Frozen.by.Sloth chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
lol, you and .Special certainly have something special going on there, huh?

haha.

Either way! I really loved this story! It was really cute in that simple way that just makes you chuckle and sigh happily.

and, oh my god. he's a giant. :)
Lily Llynn chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
I'm sad to hear you hate Waitress, because I really wanted to see that and was hoping it was good. But I'm sure I'll see it anyway.

Onto more pertinent matters, this was incredibly cute and cliche but I loved it! I love how he's ridiculously tall and they're both kinda awkward and just... yeah. (: I'm very glad artistic dreamer added this to our c2. (:
48 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »