Reviews for Blue Moon
Friendly Neighborhood Dictator chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Excellent voice, consistent throughout the story. The inner-monologue keeps the reader interested. Very good attention to detail, it drives the story.

You could probably rework the last sentence. From your build-up, it is obvious what you are working towards, so the last line seems a little anti-climatic and almost out of character for a story with such unique details. While getting a feel of the man, it almost seems out of place for him to not say anything prologuing his story. Including a snippet of the mysterious man's character through very minor dialog would not probably drive away the suspense that you've carefully laid out. Either way, you are building up to a profound last line, and you need something that can stand up to the unique writing in the rest of the story.
Kamara3 chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
It really is a great piece, filling the mind with near-crystalline pictures. A little more visual, and I think this could be an enthralling tale in the long run.
Spenny chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
This is great for a first chapter, or even a prologue maybe. I find it to be one very well descriptive piece of writ, by far I've gotten the full image of what the town is like, the bar, even both characters and the bartender. A very vivid image is portrayed in your writing, Where will you go from here?

Whats the story behind Mike? I'm very interested in see'ing what he's been through, and why he's just coming out now so late in his life.