Reviews for Poem for Michael Jackson
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 1 . 3/16
I think there are two little 'then's' that should be 'than' in iii and again in viii? Unless it was intentional. Don't know a thing about poetry, but I do know poetic freedom trumps everything.
I don't mind though, but you might, so :)

I love the wedge tap shoes, the silk skirt and the hips.
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Just amazing. Great imagery and pacing. You wrote a wonderful tribute.
pale doll chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
This is very lovely and touching. I wanted to write a poem for Michael, but realized I was never a long-time fan. I do appreciate his music and I am still sad about his passing. He was such a talented and childlike man; you have done him much justice with your words. I love the line, 'He has a love affair with the moonlight' and this stanza:

'Drunken weight is like a cloak over a child;

his kiss could have been tender

or torturous, allegedly.'

I believe it was always tender, Michael was so tortured in his life. It's not fair what people say about him, they can't understand his innocence and how happy children made him. This is a wonderful poem and a great tribute to his memory. I like how you have related your own memories to his songs :)
deletety chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
This was a touching tribute to Michael Jackson. The way you relate his different songs to different aspects of your life showed just what effect his music had on the world, and the way you've communicated this was amazing.

It was such a shame he died. The world lost it's King of Pop.
amavian chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
This is epic
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
This is wonderful, and you have officially made me feel guilty for not writing in 2 years. I love everything about this poem, and it made me think of all the times of my life that his music was with me too.

Funny story: I went to the Amazon this weekend, and there's a village with a shack-like discotheque that was blasting Billy Jean for hours, running of a generator. I didn't realize until I left the next day why they were doing that, that he had died. His music really was everywhere.
lestrange101 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Wow.
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
This was a really nice and unique tribute, written by someone who is clearly a fan of the music because, like most of us, his songs have imprinted themselves onto the soundtrack of your memories. I remember moments like these, lying awake in bed pining after a girl I figured i was in love with while listening to You Are Not Alone, or drinking as a young teenager while Smooth Criminal and Bad played on the stereo.

I really like the way you wrote this, it sounds so effortless. I like that you don't pass judgement, but you show a concern for the possibility that the allegations were factual. Personally I don't bother to speculate because I know none of us will ever know the truth, an outlook I had long before his death.

His life seems like a tragic story, and it would be so easy to concentrate on that, but you chose to focus on how your life was effected by his music, which I think is far more fitting. Well written.

Peace, Daze
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
This was so nice. A very nice tribute. Say what you will about the man's personal life, he was a genius and completely changed the world of pop music and dance. Period. For that, you have to respect him. And this was just a perfect tribute, because it was personal, how YOU were affected by him, and that's really what a tribute should be about, is showing how that person changed your life. The one about your Nana almost made me cry. And the pedophilia one was indeed fantastic. Lovely work here. Keep writing! :)
Utah Dynamo chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
what about Heal The world?

that's the first song i ever heard him sing.
Isca chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
I can't believe that MJ died yesterday. My parents and I were flipping through the channels on the TV when we stopped upon a news report that said he had died.

"Trying to reach out to a ghost." OMG. That's mind-blowing. I never thought about it that way-a singer reaches out to the crowd and tries to grasp some invisible memory. Wow. :)

Billy Jean is one of my favourite songs by MJ :P

I loved the way in which your made the lyrics of the song 'Beat It' correlate with the speaker's past-that's pretty darn creative!

The moonlight/ghoulish imagery is perfect!

OH...MY...GOD. The 'Pedophilia' poem was just...incredible, to say the least. The imagery is shocking, striking, captivating. The reader wants to look away, to pretend that the child isn't in danger, but it's hard not to watch MJ's glory unravel.

"He would kill himself if he wasn't able to help the children of the world." This line is phenomenal. It's powerful, intense, and hits the reader like a ton of bricks.

Excellent work :)
Louis Denair chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
God, what a beautiful hymn, you make me green with envy- such grandeur, such perfect pomp and rhythm and most of all- the deepest affection. I intended to post sth about Jackson, too, but to be honest- I couldn't care less. His music isn't to my taste nor did I hear it all too often. Still, though I know it sounds perfectly absurd and sly, this piece makes me almost glad the poor chap died- it's the first good thing I heard, read or rather, felt, thank to that black and white Caucasian/Afro-American eccentric. And to tell you the truth, I too felt a small pang of regret when I heard he died. Not because I liked him or his music but simply because he filled the perfectly unpalatable ennui of modern culture with a little dash of, oh I don't know, lively self-awareness.
softersin chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
beautiful and heart wrenching.

rest in peace, michael jackson. :)