Reviews for Maybe
XxButterflyxAngelxBabygirl chapter 20 . 1/2/2010
I loved these last couple of chapters! I hope Bryant and she get together soon! My dream job is to be an English teacher. Some things I want to accomplish...have a loving family, help students achieve their goals, and publish a book. I did understand the freeway- that is, if it is the world, and how you're alone in it some times.
Shy Smile chapter 20 . 1/2/2010
Oh, so many questions, so I'll start with the story first...

I don't know, but I just simply love the parts in italics. They make my breath catch, as I'm dragged down into the little world your words put together.

I think I would react the same way as she did when her friends left her out. In fact, I think I would have handled it the exact way...It's kind of creepy how much I can be reminded of myself sometimes, and other times, she seems just so different from me lol. I think that may be the reason I love this story (besides the great writing of course). I'm able to understand her completely, without her being predictable, or over the top. She just *is*. And it makes the story that much better.

My dream job is to be an artist of some sort. I love painting pictures for others to see, whether they be computer generated (graphic artist/photographer), by traditional tools (artist), with words (author), or maybe make the picture move (animator).

I want to write a novel. Simple as that. However my words are immature at best. However I still work at it everyday, hoping to be better. I just really want that to happen.

The freeway (at least to me) seemed to symbolize...well life I guess. It was like people were driving along to get to their goals in life, and she felt as though this were a daunting task to her, while surrounded by so many who seemed to be headed nowhere. But I might be totally wrong lol...

My biggest New Year's resolution, is I want to be myself, without getting influenced by others. I don't want to hide any part of me to please others any more, and I don't want to categorize myself as either emo or prep. I am simply me, and I want to love myself because of that. It's going to be hard though. I've always been that girl that you can shape to your likes.

I love the way you write, and I'm glad you updated!
sanitary pad chapter 19 . 12/31/2009
awesome. Update soon! :)
sanitary pad chapter 17 . 12/31/2009
Ah! I've been so caught up I didn't review for the past few chapters. Hehe. Can't wait to see how she's gonna reply
sanitary pad chapter 2 . 12/30/2009
Cool chapter.

As for your question, I think both have their pros and cons. I would elaborate, but I really want to continue reading, so there :)
sanitary pad chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Nice imagery.

And, no, I do not believe in love at first sight, and I don't think I ever will. I believe it's more of something like superficial interest at first sight - "Ooh, hot guy!"
IHateMyLoveLife chapter 19 . 12/29/2009
Okay so I'm being my weird self and staying really late and reading this is the process. So instead of reviewing every chapter I'm just going to give a nice big one by answering every question. That's a really good idea, by the way. I kinda want to steal it.

Do you believe in love at first sight? Yes, I do. I do think it can happen. I can't rack my brains right now, but I'm sure I know a married couple that had a love at first sight story.

Is it better to have loved and lost than never to have love at all? Yes, I think you live every day and take chances. There's a quote (and I think it's from Harry Potter) It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default. - J.K. Rowling I think it fits pretty well.

Do you tend to sink into deep denial or tell your friends immediately? Um...somehow they tend to get it out of me after a bit of denial.

And My quirks? I tend to get along with boys better than girls. I'm a total music junkie. In deep, deep love with rock and music, but can't play an instrument.

What's the most daring thing I've ever done? Probably testing for my second degree black belt (Tae Kwon Do) or stepping out on that mat again after nine months of hiatus. Or maybe it was stepping out on that mat at all.

How do I know if and when I like someone? I usually do a bit of staring, and blush afterwards. If I think about the guy while trying to talk or talk about him my voice gets all high and squeaky. It's the common case with the boy I like now but have not said a single word to. And the thing is I probably really do like him because with the guys that I end up like-liking I don't notice at first.

Fav Halloween costume? I think it's those little girl's dressed up as princesses. To wear? Tinkerbell.

Fav part of Christmas? Seeing the family's expressions on what I get them. Bryant is right. No elaboration.

Do I think that I am confident? In some areas. Boys and social things? Not so much. Taekwondo and, writing, finding good music, and books? Yes so very much.

The song that relates to me right now? Weightless by All Time Low

Can you like someone you don't really know? YES! Walking billboard here! I can't say that I'm experiencing it like her as I have yet to talk to him. Not even a hi. So sad.

Would I ever take the chance that Erica did? I dono't know. Probably not. I can nbe a bit of a pansy. Somehow though I think I would get roped into it.

Valentines Day? Hate it for the sole reason that it is two days after my bday and therefore tacked onto my day. Along with things pink.

Love is a connection that people have to one another. Whether it be by blood or friendship or by that non-friendship thing. It's what keeps the world together and connects yet at the same time tears us apart. But I think if you're willing to fight for that person than it is love because if you're not willing to fight for it, you don't really have your heart in it. And to love someone you have to put your heart on the line and take the risk of letting it get hurt.

The place that I would love to is Venice. My family has history there.

Fav word? Go. Infinite possiblities.

If I were the girl, I would respond with 'A writer, a reader, a music junkie, and truly past that I have no clue.'

Strangest convo topic? Different types of boogers.

Now I'm going to go pass out now.

I do really, really like this story. It's different and not very cliche at all because she's not trying to be. She's not really a stereotype.

P.S. Ella seems to suit her.
Netty-chan214 chapter 19 . 12/28/2009
Seeing as how I've already reviewed this chapter according to FictionPress, I'm submitting an Anonymous review.

I absolutely love Bryant and Ella's (She finally has a name!) conversation. It reminds me so much of my own experiences, and I know how Ella feels, so much that it's just scary. I relate so much to her and her feelings for him.

So don't you dare change their chat conversation! It's so realistic and easy to relate to! :D

Anyways, if I tried to narrow down the strangest conversation I've ever had, I'd probably be sitting here all day trying to thing of it. But I guess one of the weirdest conversations I've ever had was with my best friend. We were talking about spicy tacos, and then laughed for a few minutes straight, and then talked about how we found it strange that we couldn't remember why we started laughing. Another weird conversation was when she had to use the restroom really bad, and she kept telling me, but she didn't want to go so she just kept telling me. Same thing happened when she got hungry, too. I think my best friend has problems accepting the fact that she has normal bodily functions. -

~Netty-chan214
Quit Being So Technical chapter 19 . 12/28/2009
Loved the chapter.
Irish Eyes 63 chapter 19 . 12/28/2009
Hm. I liked this. I'm just confused on her name. What is her name? I can't seem to remember.

:D The strongest conversation topic I have ever had... would have to be on either the topic of abortion, or death. Either one was and is an ongoing converssation me and my friends constantly go on. L)

This chapter was very heartfelt. Very heartbreaking and distant. The conversation wasnt awkward, it was just like him asking questions and her avoiding them. Although, the dream was incredible. It was just all so mesmerizing and serious. Your chapters are always amazing, but this one, the ending, I think that you just blew everything away.
IndigoSkies chapter 19 . 12/26/2009
Alright,since I've 'apparently' already reviewed this chapter,I'm reviewing as 'anonymous'. .And there it far from my earlier suggestion but hey,Ella's good. This discovery didn't have to be 's something that should just ease into the story with its own good 've finally revealed her name.

The strangest conversation I've ever had...Well my horrible memory prevents me from actually remembering the strangest conversation I've ever had but all I've got is this conversation I once had with my best friend on the was a very serious conversation about how I would become a prostitute in the future and wear lots and lots of fishnet and carry whips said she'd call the police on me but then I reminded her of the long-distance relationship we had.(She lives in Texas,I live in Florida)The conversation continued to well unmentionable heights.

In my opinion,chat-speak is just plain awkward.I prefer not to use it but since all my friends do and it also saves time,I usually only person who I don't use it with is my best friend who got me thinking that chat speak is stupid. As for Bryant,well no character is completely likable. I wouldn't say that he was annoying unless I thoroughly analyze the story but I guess we just don't know enough about him to judge part of the reason that he's a bit...agitating is that here's this connection that he and Ella(I'm finally giving her a name!) have and he's really doing nothing about it. Well at least in my mind. The best thing you can do at this point is show us what he's feeling.

Oh and don't you dare shorten your author's notes.I find them interesting as they give a personal feedback on the story and show us what the author thinks. Merry Day After Christmas!Update as soon as possible!

P.S. I forgot to mention in my previous review that their names are also very ,switched a bit,would equal his to mention I suppose.
SarcasmIsPoetry chapter 19 . 12/26/2009
Aahhaha.. I love their IM conversation. I could really relate to it xD I like this chap because I finally know the character's name! Anyway. I've had so many strange conversation topics in my life (since I'm weird myself). Uhmm.. maybe the strangest was..when my family was lounging around and we were talking about Math. Haha. I don't know if for you, that's strange or not but it is for me.

By the way, Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to you! :)

Write on!
pigeons chapter 19 . 12/25/2009
Yeah, Bryant really isn't the kind of person I would like in a romantic teen hero, if you get me. His personality is a little bland and I think you need to add some more quirks to his character and flaws that aren't popularity related (maybe ones that make him more attractive) and I think they should have funny conversations in art and stuff. I think it's because he's always surrounded by friends that we don't get to know his character, I think that they should somehow end up alone together for a while at least because the friends keep coming over like 'YO WHATS GWAN?' just as they're talking.

But apart from that, I really, really love this story. The descriptions are wonderful and I could never write in such a descriptive, innovative way. You're truly a wordsmith, my dear.

I hate the name Ella. :P It reminds me of someone at school... ew. But then I guess you don't choose your name.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :]
Broken-Angel-1994 chapter 19 . 12/25/2009
LOL! I hope he figures out that it's her... If he hasn't already. But this story is so cute and I love it! I was reading to bottom and I'm like... uh... Then I read the AN and I laughed. :D

Hm... Strangest coversation I've ever had? My friend and I sat on the couch for ten minutes straight yelling at each other to stop yelling. Litteraly ten minutes. It drove my mom crazy. He and I were having a fight and I just got immature. LMAO! Yea, not that wierd, but kinda funny. :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Star Dot Storm chapter 19 . 12/25/2009
Hey! I'm so glad you posted another chapter! And in time for Christmas, too! Haha, what a nice present ) I hope your holidays were awesome! I really love reading your stories! Can't elaborate much, I have to go, but thanks again!

~Star