Reviews for Maybe
youwillneverguess chapter 19 . 12/22/2009
i looked it up and it gave me a bunch.

the ones i thought maybe were elena, nora and zanthe. but i don't really have a clue haha.

i wouldn't know what to name her; thats a pretty tough job you have there. the character sort of seems too vast to be restricted by a name. i guess we're all kind of hoping you'd pick ours. hahaha.

i don't mind my name. when i was little, i used to hate it, and would only respond to my middle name, kate (or katie), which i liked a lot better. but now it just seems your name is your name, and it doesn't define you (i used to think my name was dorky, haha) because there are so many people out there with the same one, and we're all entirely different.

i do still cringe when my mother calls my full name, though.

hahaha.

great chapter. sorry to hear that school is taking over your life. it gets like that, though. it's amazing to see it hasn't faultered your writing, one bit.

sophiesix chapter 19 . 12/22/2009
oh my lordy. ther are an awful lot of greek names meaning light. but i'll go with the obvious. helen? or one of its derivatives? helen sounds kind of boring, but i guess we don't actually choose our own names to fit, so...

this chapter was so beautiful. you must be sick of hearing that for all your chapters, but man, this one was super beautiful. the bruised sky, the search for words, the need for him to say something comforting , teh last line... sigh... so good!

so glad you updated! :D
Scared Loveless chapter 19 . 12/22/2009
Her name... I can't figure it out. When you translate light into Greek it comes out Liat or Lait, which would be cool names, but I've never heard it before. A baby girl name is Eleni or Helen, but I doubt it's Helen. So Eleni I bet.

What would I name her? I would name her Ailey or Evenlyn.

I personally love my name. It's unique and if I do happen to meet someone with my name they're always male, but I like it as a girl's name. If I were to change it I'd go with my middle name, Talisa. My last name I'm not a fan of, too generic.

Your story is great. I cannot wait to find out what her name actually is.

George
XxButterflyxAngelxBabygirl chapter 19 . 12/22/2009
That was a great chapter! I have absolutely no idea about any of those questions really. Sorry, school has fried my brain right now. lol. I hope you can continue again soon!
pugnaciouspenguin chapter 19 . 12/22/2009
LUCY! Her name is Lucy!

I think. Well, I hope. I'm so sorry haven't reviewed lately-midterms. :P But I finished today-on my birthday! Yay! Ick, that all rhymed. Ha. But all of you chapters were fantastic, as usual. You are a very hard person to give criticism-even constructive-to. Great job!

-Paris

P.S. Yeah, I love my name. It's unusual, kinda pretty, and has some strong meaning behind it. Plus, my father gave it to me-something to remember him by.

taehdenlento chapter 19 . 12/22/2009
wow, this chapter was just awesome!

it's really poetic and it's a nice change to all the other stories here on fp (although i like most of them as well :-) )

for her name, i would say its aurora, but it means dawn, which is some sort of light ;-)

but i looked it up and google said phos (greek word for light) but i'm not sure it's an actual name

as for my name: it's swedish and means beautiful victress or victorious beauty i'm not sure, now it's your turn to find out, hehe
A. Watts chapter 19 . 12/21/2009
This is a great chapter! I'm sorry this review can't be longer, but I'm writing it on my cell phone. (I'm not allowed to use my laptop this week. :D)
x Storm x chapter 19 . 12/21/2009
Hi! It's actually the first time I review your story (I'm not a good reviewer or anything, I'm mostly the silent reader everybody hates :P).

My english isn't all that good, but... I just wanted you to know that I like your story. It's not action-packed, but it just... I don't know, the thoughts in the narrator's head are just great. They somehow flow, like something you'd read in a poem... and it's a nice contrast with the mudane things that happen in her life. I mean, except some drama here and there, high school is a pretty banal place. Yet, you keep it interesting. You don't just tell what happens, the reader can actually feel her thoughts, her doubts, her happiness... I like that. I like the imagery.

Oh, and, I actually like how it's a cliché kind of thing - the girl wanting the guy that's just so out of reach (not that she's doing much to get close to him, with all this... introspection she's doing all the time). But I like it. People don't fall for each other in a week, or two, or three... Even a crush takes time to develop into something more. Yet, she's lucid, she knows there's a possibility that this crush won't last, if or when she actually gets to know him. It's always easier to love/like someone from afar, instead of just getting to know them, flaws and all. And (one last thing) you actually showed us quite well that her life doesn't revolve all around him. She has good friends, best friends, and they're important to the story. It's not just "boy meet girl", "girl loves boy", it's actually... real. Life is full of people, full of different types of love - am I actually clear here? Anyway. It's real, and even if it's slow paced, I love it. It's not just a love story, it's a... teen/life story... which is quite a nice change (although I *am* guilty myself of focusing more on the two main protagonists sometimes when I write, so I kind of envy you for that general perspective you have).

Finally, and it's just personal preference, but there's one... tiny little thing that annoys me (nothing's perfect, right?). I know teens these days chat. A lot. And they write in chatspeak or whatever it's called - but... I mean, it may be snobbish, but it's... kind of hard on the brain (lol?). However, as I said, it makes it real.

Not, as for this chapter - you almost got me, there. Nearly thought it was actually real (I was kind of confused, went back to see the end of last chapter, then... thought either there's a huge fast foward, or it's not real). As for her name, I think it's something along the lines of Helen or Helena, but I'm not sure. It's nice to see I'm not crazy, because I was trying so hard to remember her name... and it was never mentioned. And, hmm, my name... it's actually one of the most overused in english-speaking countries (but I'm living in a french-speaking area, so it's not so bad) and, in terms of meaning, I think it suits me (anyway, I like it better than Mélissa or Éloïse, my parents' other choices!)

Now that I wrote the longest (and not really useful) review ever (sorry about that), I'll just say : keep writing, I (we) love it, it's always a pleasure.
Kurisuten chapter 19 . 12/21/2009
I've just spent a good amount of time reading this story all the way through :D Beautifully written.

At first, when it mentioned that this would be a story that was more realistic, I thought it was just going to be another story that said that and yet was so cliche I could just puke.

Let me tell you, I was oh-so very pleasantly surprised.

I can personally relate so much to the main character. I know exactly how she feels, and I have basically the same relationship with my crush, minus the entire thing with the notes. But...I mean...wow. I just feel like I've been looking for a story that relates more to my situation, and I haven't been able to find it until now.

It's amazing and beautifully written :D Please continue!

And now...I have no idea what else to say c:

~Netty-chan214
Kiwi Mango chapter 19 . 12/21/2009
God these chapters are so beautiful. Your writing is so poetic and really touching.

Okay name time. I was wondering if it was going to be anonymous the whole way through. Alright so everyone's guessing Helen or Elena but I looked it up on bing (which we all know is better than google I guess) and my guess is going to be Lina.

My name haha I just had a talk with my mom about this yesterday actually, that's really funny that you ask. I'm not really a fan of my name-Samantha. I just think it's too much to say with my last name and I dunno. Sam sounds so tomboy-ish. Fine when I was little, but not so much now that I'm getting older. They were going to name me Isabella or Giuliet or Sofia (it's pretty apparent that we're Italian haha).
TheSheWolf chapter 19 . 12/21/2009
I dont exactly remember the last time i reviewed this story and I'm sorry for that so I made up for it by reading and reviewing. So TADA!

Personally I think her name should be something not feminine like Bree. But you said light and Greek so I say something like Ellie, or in that general area.

And I was just thinking about how i didn't know the main character's name and then at the bottom you say 'What's her name?' and I sort of celeberated because that meant i wasnt a total idiout and comepletely unobservant.

But thats not the point. The point is you did a great juob so thanks for the chapter!
Cinnia Aine chapter 19 . 12/21/2009
You know, I really like the poetic style of your writing. It's unique. This chapter was really pretty, but interesting. I did a bit of research and I'm going to guess that although her name most likely is of Greek origin, you did mention an English story in her, so I'm going to play dumb and include names from both.

So, her name, based on my thoughts could be one of the following:

Helen - (Which actually means torch, but it's close enough.)

Photine - (It's a little bizarre, but you seem to like surprises, so I can't be too careful.)

(Lux and Lucy are the most-likely-not-but-maybe names.)

I don't know what I would name her. A name that means light is nice, but I'm the sort of writer that either a) doesn't give her characters names, b) gives her characters generic, but not too generic names that fit with the story, c) gives her characters comical and exaggerated names, or d) makes up a name that seems like it could be real. So, I tend not to bother about name meanings and such unless I write something that needs it, like poetry, etc. 'Maybe' has a lot of meanings to it, so it makes sense that the protagonist's name has a meaning behind it as well.

Personally, I like my name, generic as it is. It's a part of me now and I like it. If I could change my name, I'd switch it to maybe my middle name, (which is pretty and often forgotten), or I'd make it one of my online names. Like this one.
asianinvasion0530 chapter 19 . 12/21/2009
Aww that sucks that it was a dream...[ It was cute nonetheless.

But hey! I found two possible names [with the help of an awesome advanced search on a baby name website haha]. Anyways, it has to be either Helen or Eleni. I'm guessing Helen 'cause it's kinda more common. But then again it could also be Eleni 'cause it's not as common and more unique. Ah whatever, I'm glad I at least narrowed it down to two haha.

And yeah to answer your question, I actually do like my name 'cause there aren't a lot of Sonyas in the U.S. [but a lot in Russia haha] and people tell me that my name is a fun one to say 'cause you can say it like a karate move or whatever. Haha I don't know.

Anyways, have a great holiday season! D
I-Wuv-Muffins chapter 19 . 12/21/2009
Oh I'm so so glad you updated! It really reflects my life right now because I had a dream about a guy who I kind of fancy recently, and we were just hanging out, and he was being really nice. Then I woke up, realizing that he barely knows me at all. It made me sad.

I'll probably update soon now, too! because you inspire me. :]
with eyes looking up chapter 19 . 12/21/2009
helenka? that is the most original name i've seen in a story...ever. :) i like it. (especially if i guessed right xD)

ahh this chapter made me smile so many times. i wish i had dreams vivid as this.

they're so amazing together.
799 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »