Reviews for Maybe
fuwafuwafuwari chapter 12 . 9/2/2009
Oh, this story is so good. Simple, yet so engrossing. I love the characters, they're all so realistic. :)

Thank you! I can't wait to read more!

As for your question...I'm not sure. I like to think that I'm a brave person but actually I'm anything but. D: I probably would have stayed.

Ugh...Valentine's day. Absolutely hate it.
Tawny Owl chapter 12 . 8/31/2009
Firstly, I love that you’re updating this so quick. (That way I don’t satry with the boring technical stuff). Seriously, getting the alert makes my day.

Remember(ing) that I was the only one in the house. I like the way she’s so paranoid she has to check – it sets the tone of the conversation without spelling it out.

I’ve got a friend like Nicole – I can sympathise with that.

The swirls. Zig-zags. Checkers was a brilliant moment. It just really summed up the mood and the way she was feeling. It was so simple but really effective. Very jealous of that.

Oh interesting sister therapy session there as well. Could it be that our heroine is prettier than she thinks (despite the ugly hair, of course.) Interesting to bring it up, and that the idea that the flawless Mandy is jealous of her sister. It kind of explains why she is how she is with her personality as well as the appearance.

Loved the Peter Pan letter as well and the debate over the way to sign it off. – And there’s been glancing? Go Erica and her observancy. (I needed to make a word up there because I did actually get a bit of a stomach jolt. He’s been glancing? He might like her back? Squeal. Yes, I am getting too involved with your characters.)

My pleasure – more long chapters please.

Been there done that: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. And Valentine’s Day? Hate it: It’s an excuse to make up for not doing anything for the rest of the year. If you’re going to do the whole flowers and love hearts route do it cos you love them; not because Clinton Cards says you should. (I’m really not that cynical, honest.)
Sunshine0325 chapter 12 . 8/31/2009
are you kidding? you're thanking us for reading a long chapter! well, then, no problemo! :D i LOVE long chapters haha. i dont know who doesnt...

anyway, i liked that chapter.. but i really wanted bryant to ask her to dance or somethin! :P

and... to answer ur first question:

no. I most likely wouldn't have taken the initiative like Erica did, and i give her a lotta props for that. im one of those people who is shy when not with friends, and im also one of those people who waits for the other person to make the first move, even if its obvious that they like you back or whatever. i need to work on taking initiative, cuz i never do it hah ;)

okie dokie, a shorter review than normal, but the next one will hopefully be a longer review :)

update soon please! :D
Shy Smile chapter 12 . 8/31/2009
I'm a strange person. I'm one of those who would actually prefer if my crush were to never know about me, as I'm to afraid to actually find out what he thinks. I love Valentines Day. Its full of happiness, from all the happy couples, and although I've never felt that exact happiness of being with another person, I can't help but smile at the fact that this day brings so much happiness to others that it sometimes rubs off onto me, making any jelousy I feel (because I can't help but feel a smidgen jelous) become less important. Not to mention that I also get candy from friends, making it so I never feel left out. I love this chapter, I could actually feel how much she loves that person, but she seems to be too afraid to take the initiative. Not to mention I'm almost completely sure Rick likes her. Or I could be totally wrong lol. Please keep writing, and I apologize if I did not review last chapter.
pugnaciouspenguin chapter 12 . 8/31/2009
No, I probably wouldn't, and I sure as heck haven't yet. Not with guys. Other than that, sure, go ahead and throw the initiative at me. And Valentine's day...February 14th is my Friday the 13th. Anything that can go wrong will. (Murphy's Law, you know?) And yet, for some reason way beyond my brain capacity, I always think 'Hey, maybe this year will be different!' Always sorely disappointed, though. heh.

I really like the 'She's got glitter on her palms and sparkles in her hair; it's to bad it's not fairy dust and doesn't make him stare.'

Loved that. And the 'Brown-Eyed Boy With the Peter-Pan Smile' part, too. Reminds me a little-okay, a lot. A painful lot-of someone. Great job!

-Paris:)
with eyes looking up chapter 12 . 8/31/2009
amy, amy, amy. you'll never have a chance. :)

bryant is so for our dear mc. lovelovelove.

no, i would never ever ever take the initiative. i would DIE. and i love valentine's day, bf or no. it's got hearts and pink and sparkles and new hope. that's always enough for me. :) yourself?

amazing chapter, as always. i'm pretty sure the mc-bryant-rick love triangle stole my heart.

xoxo,

rrbow
I Quoth Nevermore chapter 12 . 8/31/2009
Great chapter.

Hm...I may take the initiative, but only if I knew the guy liked me. Actually, I asked my date to prom, so does that count? LoL. And as to valentine's day, I'm indifferent, really. I don't have a boyfriend, so I don't wait for a romantic dinner and flowers, but then I don't mind being single and I'm not bitter. It's just another commercial holiday for Hallmark, really. Doesn't matter to me.

update soon!
MusicSavesMySoul chapter 6 . 8/31/2009
Hi!

This was a great chapter, too- as usual. Hehe! I really love your style and your purpose of creating something different. An unusual style, you know. I love your words. And aw- she's so sad! A punctured silhouette out there beneath the neon pulses and throbbing beats? You are AMAZING! Really! hehe...And she's such a nice friend. Not a tactless one. I hate tactless people. They hurt my feelings. That was the corniest thing I ever said. Don't tell anyone. hehehehe! Poor Nicole. That Steven is a- I don't know. Hahahaha! I'm currently searching for lyrics to print right now so I guess I won't make this review long. I quote "I guess". I really like your writing techniques. It makes me feel bad for being so bad at writing and great for having read such a masterpiece! 0.0 so you're American. That's explains why your so good at the language. I'm from the Philippines, see. I don't really know good English. But I try!

How do you know if/when you like someone?

-Well. In my opinion, you DON'T know. You feel it. I think it's easier to tell if you like someone than if you love someone. If you like someone, you get the butterflies in the stomach and the twinkles in your toes. Like when you see him, you suddenly smile and keep in trying things to get him to notice you. When you think about him, you can't stop. You can't concentrate. In your mind, you can't help but think that maybe he likes you, too. That's LIKING to me.

Loving is different. You don't get the butterflies or the twinkles. Yeah, you think about him but instead of distracting you, they inspire you. Like you can write a whole book about them and not notice. If he shoots a person with a gun, you just dismiss it and say it was just a slip of a finger. Whenever you look into his eyes, you're lost. You want to get back to the real world but don't know how. Unlike liking, instead of feeling hope, I feel the exact opposite. I feel like it's impossible for him to like me. ME. The tomboyish, stupid girl who acts tough.

ANYWAY, I hope we can be friends. Let's start with the introductions, yes? My name is Paula. But you can call me Pau...or anything you want. I'm 14 and I live in the Philippines. You may not know where it is, but that's okay. I try writing stuff, but I don't finish them. That's why I'm having a hard time contunuing my fanfic of Alice Academy...Hahayz...Well, nice to meet you!

~Pau~
Narq chapter 12 . 8/30/2009
hey, you know those small pharagraphs you tend to have? I'd reccomend you try to combine them into of the bigger paraphraphs at the top/bottom of it because I don't think I understand where it's fitting, like it's whose POV and stuff (I assume it's the narritive POV though)

Hah, the scne with Erica and Sina and them was cute and a bit sad and sweet.. dunno why I thought that :)

Er.. I don't know how to answer your quesiton... perhaps that's because I've never fallen in love and I'm a person with little imagination when it comes to personal stuff :P

Narq.

P.S. Great chapter! Keep it up!
Rachelthemuse chapter 12 . 8/30/2009
Lifehouse? Nice. That song really gets to me.

Haha I am NOT one to take initiative. So much so that my friends had to do it for me. They went up to my crush and said, "HEYY RACHEL LIKES YOU! CAN WE HAVE UR AIM SN?" So I'm not the bravest soul out there. As for Valentine's Day, it depends. When you can spend it with somebody, it's the best day ever. You flaunt your love obnoxiously and hold hands and watch stupid cheesy movies. When you're single...you make fun of the obnoxious couples making out everwhere (sour grapes!)

Liked the chapter. Keep it up n update ASAP :]
WinMyHeart5444 chapter 12 . 8/30/2009
Favorite part would have to be at then end when the Lifehouse lyrics came up, it was perfect! *claps hands together like an eight year old girl* I loved the chapter, I think we are going to see some main character/Bryant action coming up soon! :D And indeed, I have taken the bull by the horns and have asked not one, not two, not three, but four, guys to dance with me. And I have to say I'm four for four! Woo! And I hate Valentine's Day. It's stupid :( Love, Winnie
sophiesix chapter 12 . 8/30/2009
aw mandy, she's so great. and aw Rick ! can't help but feel sorry for Amy though. so boo bryant. awesome chapter. so many many things were like exactly what happened at my school! How you read my mind, girl?

"THere you are", loved that line. and the fairy dust one too. and the 'i don't dance'. gah, just so many awesome things.

valentines day.. yeah, pff. why save up all your niceness for one day when you can be randomly nice all year round? but then, if you don't get anything.. its kinda saddening too. it was fun when we did candygram stuff between friends.

taken the initiative? i don't think so... not directly anyway. hm. its hard to remember exactly how things went, in retrospect.

wonder if ricks busy writing away at his poem at home... maybe he'll finish it just in time and turn up at the dance right when bryants dancing with her ;D

I glance around the room before remember that I was the only one in the house. Remembering? I remembered?
absolutism chapter 12 . 8/30/2009
Every chapter just amazes me.

As for the question, I think I've never taken the initiative, well I mean I've told a guy I like him first, but I knew he liked me back, because he stared at me, he asked me out and everything, so yeah.

Long chapters are always nice, very descriptive, I like them, especially this one ;)

-Have a nice day!
XxButterflyxAngelxBabygirl chapter 12 . 8/30/2009
That was a great chapter! I wonder what will happen now. I loved the chapter!

I've taken the initiative to ask a boy out, but not to dance. And I love Valentine's Day most of the time.
A Merry Savant chapter 12 . 8/30/2009
Uh yeah I have. Remember that "close friend" I talked about in an earlier review? Well, I sent him a valentine-gram in 6th. Then he asked me if I sent it.

... I think I said yes, and then ran away lol

And then we didn't talk much until I sent him a random email saying hi two years later. So yeah, pretty much online relationship, despite being in the same school. But... we never "dated". ...Whatever dating means in grade school.

If I'm really interested, I think I'd take initiative now. But... I've still got lots to sort out. Not happening anytime soon, methinks.

There's all sorts of dating people. I've come to really like your writing style of happenings... musings... happenings... musings. I like that.
799 | « Prev Page 1 .. 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 41 .. Last Next »