Reviews for Maybe
Achtunsen chapter 2 . 5/15/2010
Ah, I loved that. Your writing style is just so light yet earthy that it's a joy to read. And I like the realism and the humour in the dialogue too. It's just delightful.

But yeah, though you've already written the next chapter, I'm still going to answer your question based on the purely selfish reason that I seem to learn from my answers. :P

Is it better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?

Unfortunately (or maybe in another point of view, fortunately), I've yet to experience true romantic love, seeing as all my infatuations and whatnot end up in the 'unrequited' pile. But, based on those rather laughable experiences of mine, I guess I would have to say that yes, it would be better. Those rollercoaster feelings, fluctuations and palpitations are emotions that must be experienced at least once in a lifetime (that is, in my opinion, anyway).
Achtunsen chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Do I believe in love at first sight?

I can't honestly say, especially having read Romeo and Juliet; I remain doubtful on whether that short love affair of theirs had anything to do with that four-letter word. But I digress. I guess I'd say that love at first sight is a pretty illogical thing to believe in, seeing as I believe that you'd have to know the person first before committing yourself to an emotion so strong as that. But the thing is, I've experienced a semblance of this love-at-first-sight phenomenon recently and though I can't say that the emotion involved with that story was romantic love, I wouldn't discredit it either.

So yes, anyway, while I've completely confused myself and anyone actually reading this review, I'd like to say that I like the idea behind this first chapter. It's definitely something I've contemplated doing at various points in my life, that whole posting-my-story-on-fp-to-see-if-anyone-can-relate spiel. And I'm liking the writing too.
kamwe kukua chapter 22 . 5/9/2010
Well, I found this story a while back...and whenever I'm feeling so uncreative and just blahh I read a chapter or two :) I like how laid back (I'm not sure how to really word it but I guess 'laid back' is a way to put it...) so it not like I HAVE to read it, but you wrote it in such a way that I WANT to read it...ah that's probably too confusing. Nevermind. Ignore me...so anywayys, I really admire your imagery(?) and how deep Ella (is ella her name?) is. It's like I can look into her mind and see her hopes and dreams laid out. I kinda like that. And the whole plot is really comforting. I mean, the way Rick and Steven and Erica and Shina and Bryant act and talk, it's so realistic and They remind me of my own friends in real life. Kay, well sorry for that painfully horrific review. peace :)
I Swear I'm Not Crazy chapter 13 . 5/6/2010
I love the story. Truthfully I had always wanted to write a story of a similar nature but I never knew how to start it (because in the end you can't write a story where nothing happens to the narrator because otherwise it wouldn't be interesting to read) and you write it very well, in a sort of simple but also poetic style (?) and I have to say that you're one of the most amazing authors I know of! Keep on writing! You're really good at it :D
Tasania chapter 22 . 4/18/2010
wow. refreshing. I feel like your story actually tells it like it is. You kept downplaying the first 14 chapters as "the long prologue" and "boring and drawn-out" but I didn't see them that way. I always struggle with the fact that the main character is always the one things HAPPEN to, no one ever writes a story about a nomral person. It took me a while to realize that's because people want to hear the story about the person things happen to, not the bystander or the observer. On the flipside, you've done just that. Your main character may not be obersving someone else's drama but tehre is nothing spectacular going on in her life that would never happen in any else's. It's not an unrealistic overly romantic ideal. And it's not boring. I have to say I'm a little in awe of how you managed that. I think it's because you kept it simple.

I have a poem that I feel like really fits well with your story. I don't post my poetry on FP because I write it for me and not the general public, but if you're interested I'd be glad to send it to you. When you get around to looking at reviews, just drop me a line.

I would normally apologize for such a long review but I know I'd rather have an in-depth review than one that's not. P
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Okay there, so this chapter was pretty good as a beginning chapter. I really like how it all starts with a simple task like writing and uploading an essay work. And I went lol FP when I saw your summary. :D If there's anything I would suggest in changing, then I will say that it would be better if you do away with all those commas because too much of it will disrupt the flow of the chapter. Well that's my own personal take anyway, so you can either choose to ignore or accept it. And also I can see you did a good work in briefly doing your main character's thoughts to a certain detail here. That actually did well to set the stage for the plot. :)

P.S: Return this review via The Eternal Grail. You've already reviewed the first chapter fyi. :)
Capsaicin chapter 22 . 4/12/2010
Read this all in one sitting.

Definitely want more )
faceless-girl1994 chapter 21 . 3/21/2010
can't wait for you to post the next chapter.
Dell chapter 14 . 3/20/2010
Oh gosh, I remembered Europe with that lengthy paragraph about wanting to see the world! I'd like to go back to the countryside in Switzerland again, with all the fields and hills with dandelions and wooden fences and wonderful brick houses. The grass is just a different type of green, and the air is cool and fresh and not sticky and unbearably humid like it is back home (I live in a tropical country).

Then again, I'd love to visit Germany, too, with its dark forests and harsh, bitter, and mysterious winters. I'd like to see actual snow (because I've never seen any yet, and I don't know if the snow on the tops of mountains really count). I'd like to go to a deserted island in the middle of the ocean, with nothing else around for miles and miles and no distant shoreline gleaming with pinpoints of artificial light, just so I can see all of the stars.

I've always had wanderlust, I guess. I'm really glad that my family's got itchy feet, too, because seeing the world makes me realize just how big and intricate and beautiful everything is, just like one of those Islamic wooden carvings in Alhambra. It's fulfilling in a deep sense that I can't explain, or it may just be that the beauty of everything makes me easily forget about the personal problems I have back at home. But then I think about the sadness in other distant parts of the world, like those little vignettes in Einstein's Dreams (have you read that?), and it's still incredibly beautiful despite the lack of vibrant color. But then, what if it's just because those scenes aren't mine, and I embrace them only because of that?

Haha, I've gone off the topic. Thanks for giving me a chance to write about my musings.
Caramel chapter 11 . 3/20/2010
Yes, you can... and when it feels so unrequited, it hurts. I don't know why I kept thinking about a guy I barely talked to; don't know why one glance at him sent me into silent hysterics; don't know why I liked him, but I did. It was crazy. I was crazy. But he already had his eyes set on someone else, and therefore, any other new girl in the crowd would mean nothing to him. That just sucked.
Irish Eyes 63 chapter 22 . 3/19/2010
Okkay! So this review is coming like a month and a half late... I'm really really sorry! But anyways...

This chapter to me was really just blunt and memorable and made me think of what kind of girl you have created. I mean, the simplicity of the sentences and the construction of the words made me feel like the girl character is more... realistic now. She knows what she wants, but she just can't say it and that to me speaks volumes. (:

But I have to admit... I am kind of confused with who she likes and doesn't likes. I mean it's probably just me because I haven't read this story in quite a while... Is it Bryant or the other guy?

The computer conversations also is quite striking. He is in the body of a seventeen year old, eighteen... but he has the soul of a human that has been living for well over a hundred years. And same for the girl, if not even longer. It might be your personality coming through into your characters, and all that I can say is BRAVO!

Well I hope that this chapter comes so much quicker and I cannot wait... hopefully I'll be able to read it on time this time! Sorry, redunant words. :/

Spring track is getting annoying as hell!

Have a darling day! :P
Frozen.by.Sloth chapter 22 . 3/17/2010
Wow.

Amazing.

I really love this. It's not even her and Bryat that I love (though I do) but the honest way that you write things.

You've been so open and intuitive with what you write (Like, I feel like you wrote things you thught better not to, regardless of your better judgment) and it's the reason why I can relate.

Sometimes some things we think sound too stupidly "deep" and philosophical so we try to mellow them down, and you have a balance of both. It's nice.

I really love it. And your descriptions. They're wonderful.

And he diddn't sound like a girl, I've talked to this guy a dozen times like that. Though, now that I think about it, I always am a bit weirded out afterwards :)

P.s. It so IS weird, what she's doing.
Frozen.by.Sloth chapter 2 . 3/17/2010
I love this so far. It's adorable in that embarrassing fashion that rings true.

And I love the lyrical metaphors. It's beautiful.

Kellet chapter 22 . 3/1/2010
I think you write beautifully. You write like how I always wanted to write even though I know full well I can't. I really, really like Steven. (I know, off-topic.) He's funny and casual, but totally flawed. Real, you know.
fairies and snapple chapter 22 . 2/28/2010
I love your style of writing. It's unique and interesting and seems very real. And that last bit about the boy she wants? Beautiful. And I feel exactly the same way as she does. It's like everything no one will admit and unreachable goals and unattainable boys and I want the same one. Lovely.
799 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »