Reviews for Don't Letter Go
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 10 . 5/25/2011
I think Dell is right about James having brought her back, sort of. And I like how what she says has been clear to the reader for a long time, but it's taken Cass longer to see it. It makes it more realistic. I really do like Del, and I can't help but wish we'd seen a bit more of her earlier. Maybe more flashbacks of them as young girls? Not in times of crisis, but them just being sisters - it'd be nice to see what kind of bond they had. Anyway, yeah, great stuff with this chapter. I hope you post more.
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 9 . 5/21/2011
Poor, poor Leo. I really do feel bad for him, and he's right; she shouldn't have lied to him, not after everything he's done for her. I like the small flashback bits, they were written quite well, and they give a good insight into Cass' past with Cam and her mother. The end bit was just...really, really good. Especially the last couple of lines. Had me a little teary eyed, I must admit. It's nice to see the bond between the sisters starting to get fixed. Good job, overall, with that chapter.
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 8 . 5/16/2011
Exciting stuff. I like how much this chapter picked up, although sometimes I do want to slap her for being so...dismissive, I guess, of Leo. Poor guy. Anyways, yeah, I really liked that chapter - like I said, you could really feel the pace picking up. I did wonder if James and Cameron were linked somehow, and I think the way you wrote that discovery was done really well. Great stuff.
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 7 . 5/4/2011
Lovely chapter, had me proper squealing when they got together. I loved how he dragged her out at three in the morning, too. It was really sweet. The only, ONLY thing that detracts from it is, again, the italics, but that's something I've pointed out before. I also feel like the last line could have had more of an impact if you left out the "we all know" part, and have "Of course, it couldn't have lasted." Good stuff! Loving the story.
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 6 . 4/26/2011
Firstly, really nice chapter - Hero is so cute, although it seems like an odd name for a girl. I like her "five and a half" insistence, and I think you caught the little kid character very well there. I would have liked to see more of James and Leo interacting, posistively or not, just to get more of a sense of those two when they're in the same room. I do think you need to cut out a lot of the italics and the underlining in the letters; you seem to stress words really randomly, and it starts to lose its effect after being used once or twice. Anyway, other than that I'm really enjoying the story; only thing is, I thought Trouble might be James but I'm not too sure, unless you did it to throw us off the scent? Hm...
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 5 . 4/13/2011
Aw, I'm starting to feel really sorry for Leo. Anyway, another enjoyable chapter - I really like how you're building up their relationship (between James and Cass), it's not rushed, and he clearly just wants to help her at this point, which is kind of lovely. (I think too many writers try to rush that kind of relationship.) As it is, it's realistic. I liked the den, too, and the explanation of what happened just before the accident, and the flashback worked well, too, although I think you should take out the last but one line break. I think it makes it too disjointed? Anyway, I'm really enjoying this :)
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 4 . 4/2/2011
Although I really like James, I feel like his reaction to her fight was a little bit over-the-top. Like, too quick to anger, sort of thing? I don't know if that's the effect you were going for but just something to consider if it's not.

Anyway, yeah, I enjoyed that chapter. The character's are quite realistic and their interactions with each other work well. The comment from the girl worked really well; girls can be so bitchy and I think you got that spot on. Still, I find myself questioning the fact that she isn't telling Leo anything. Leo seems like a such a nice guy, and it's like he's put a lot in his life aside for her, but she's not keeping secrets from him and almost trying to push him out of her life. That's not a criticism or anything, just something I've picked up on and can't help but wonder where you take that aspect of the story. Yeah, great stuff, anyway.
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 3 . 3/14/2011
Nice chapter - I like how you developed the relationship between Cass and James. The notebook was so sweet! Poor Cass at the end though - I think you caught the emotion in that moment really well, so good job with that. I do have one suggestion to make, to do with the line [thinking that I had met someone else to care about me made me nauseous] seems odd; it strikes me a bit too serious, a bit too soon. Can I maybe suggest "someone else who may like me" or something like that? It is just a suggestion though. Anyway, yeah, good stuff!
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 2 . 3/4/2011
For some reason, this chapter feels stronger to me for reasons I can't quite pinpoint. Anyway, it was interesting and I feel like you're getting into the stride of the story. I liked the interactions between Leo and Cassandra - I really feel like they are close, and I get the sense that his feelings for her go a bit deeper. The letters are interesting and I'm really curious to see who is writing them. (My verdict is that it's not a girl, but that it's either Leo or James...) The only thing I'd suggest is to take out the italics in the last few paragraphs; they're a bit too much, and I don't think they're needed, especially not as much as you use them. Anyway, good stuff, will be reading more soon.
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Good first chapter - it sparked some interesting questions and has a strong hook there to keep the reader interested. The characters seem realistic and the dialogue works well to add to that. The only suggestion I'd make is the opening line; [All I could really say about him was that he was like me. Different. A freak in the eyes of one's many, inconsequential peers.] It seems a bit too cliche; the idea of two 'freaks' in school has been done a fair few times, and I don't think you should state it so explicitly at the start. Maybe show us this instead? Just a suggestion. Anyway, like I said, it worked well as a first chapter and I'll be reading more soon as I can.
We Used To Wait chapter 9 . 8/26/2009
Aww, God, I realy don't like Cassie. Or Cass. Or whatever. Never did, never will. She just deserves a kick in the ass. But whatever. It'll never happen.

update soon. love.
BlakJaq chapter 9 . 8/26/2009
update so i can stop crying!
We Used To Wait chapter 7 . 8/12/2009
How could she ignore such a thing, coming from James? He was about to tell her something about Cameron? Sometimes I feel like she doesn't even try to move on, which makes me feel frustrated.
We Used To Wait chapter 8 . 8/12/2009
Hey, um, Cassie's being the worst friend to Leo. After all he's done for her. . . God, i almost feel like causing her pain myself.

And I guess James being Trouble was kinda obvious. Especially when she first saw the initials.

update soon. :)
We Used To Wait chapter 6 . 8/12/2009
Ooh, Hero is a cutie.

You know, I'm not question your writing style or anything, but sometimes you italicize random words, or words that don't really need to be. People usually do that if they're making a suggestive comment that isn't exactly direct, or if italicizing the words would change the statement's meaning. But yeah. . . Just letting you know.

Very nice story, btw. I'm still reading. :)