Reviews for aquarium astronaut
celestial tears chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
I don't think that I could explain what I just read to my grandmother, never been that good at deciphering poem-type writings. I always go with the most morbid of explainations, even if every line has the word sunshine in it. Anyway, I definitely think it was well written and I liked the feeling that I got of an outsider looking in on our world. But like I said, I am not good at interpreting, so I will leave it as is and say that I enjoyed the read.
Isca chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
Oh, the transition between the 'fantasy state' and the 'waking state' was wonderful. The form is wonderfully avant-garde.

"Now cities spring up in your sleep." I mean, really, could this line be any more brilliant? It's phenomenal, that's all I can say. :)

I like that the speaker pointed out that some people are 'always on the move.' Some people do indeed live that kind of life-they need to keep themselves preoccupied in order to refrain from dealing with their own problems or facing the world head-on.

The star imagery was beautiful. I love that the light we see is dead and gone. It's so mystical.

"Maybe we want to fall into the sky and feel the heat of the sun against the wings we never knew we had." Well, that's definitely an awesome twist of the 'Daedalus and Icarus' myth. :)