Reviews for spark
Lolitroy chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
:) I always love your poems very much :D your style is just so unique! And my favorite verse was the last one :D
Mirabella chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
Wow, you use some vivid and heavy words to hash out this character, andi think it works well. So does all of the breathing imagery.

"world disintegrates

around your fingertips" - that line is amazing and was my favourite. :)
Kalista Jia chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
There are some really cool phrases in there! Love!

I like how you add these little actions, such asl "click.", "Up.", "inhale", "impluse" ...etc. I find it really intriguing. _

"test the limits of senses." love! (especially I am studying "Stuff of Nonsense" in one of my classes... O.o I know lol)

"world disintegrates

around your fingertips"

(really cool imagery. I can picture the scene well... nya!)

The theme of connection/disconnection in this piece is wonderfully portrayed. _

Kalista Jia
Midnight In Eden chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
I rarely love such short lines and sentences but here I feel the disconnection really works in your favor. It's an interesting collection of abstractions and clear direction that rarely evens out but again, here I'm loving it.

Reminds me quite a bit of how I'm living my life at the moment - doing things and thinking things but never feeling like there's anything of worth at the end.

The "mornings. trapped in your head with so much smoke." is particularly poignant.

Nice work.

Midnight
celestial tears chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
Oh boy, another one. Obssessive person checking e-mails/ text messages and someone with a ligther who ends up burning their fingers. God, I suck at this but that is all I have. Character sketch, really? The psyche of this person seems neat or maybe it is just your mind that is interesting, has to be to write the things that you do.

I liked this one too.
Isca chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
"Don't forget to breathe." I love that the speaker disconnects from the world and almost forgets to function. There's something so wonderfully nouveau about this poem. The line, "dreams echo," was particularly beautiful. :)
fictionalboyfriend chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
"spark" is a really good title for this piece.
rage of aquarius chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Postmodernity, again! "trapped in your/head with so much/smoke." This entire thing is brilliant; I can feel that line acutely.