Reviews for Personal Bias
Moon Sage chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
One less idiot of a politician the better. xD
J chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
This was really good :). Well written, and your characters are really likeable :)
Intangible Muse chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
Wow, that was fantastic. You made me want to (or actually) squeal and spasm in happiness at some points. Great idea for the characters and backstory: I think that these two were the strongest points in the story. The love-hate relationship was well fleshed out and the backstory was both believable and heart-breaking. It's great that they have flaws and regrets that are so emotionally raw. I especially loved Julia's character; both her personality and dialogue (both inner and outer) made her a likeable person. The chemistry between Julia and Kevin is perfect and I love the tension between them at the beginning. Mr. Dryer was also the perfect fatherly figure and he works well for the story.
The only criticism I have is that the apology and reversal in Kevin's character was abrupt. I think his character could have done with a bit of time between their confrontation when Julia storms out and his apology. You did expand on the fact that they still argued after his apology, but perhaps also showing that might (instead of the large time lapse) have helped his character change be more realistic.
Otherwise, everything is wonderfully done! Great job and I hope you keep on writing!
Avide chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Like it. Respectfully, I'd like to add, though, that I wonder if there's enough substance to the relationship for me to believe they've fallen even a little in love, but clearly something was building up to that confession, so...over all, I do like the story and Jules, Kevin and Dryer. Also, the description of Kevin's novel.
HeadOverHeelsInHate chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
Awww! Awesome! It's so well written and creative! I like the background in why they hate each other, it's an awesome reason. Love it!
heal me forever chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
wow dis was DROOL worthy one shot trully BEAUTIFUL :) may be short stry would have done no harm neverless BANG ON
InkWitch chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
That was BRILLIANTLY written. Fucking amazing prose, seriously. You can't be an amateur writer, possibly. Did you have training?

That was an amazing piece of work. I love the characters, although I would have liked a little more embellishment of the minor characters - because your writing is good enough for me to want more plot padding - and give them a more important role. Like Jill, for example. I would have liked to see a bit of her character.

But still, great story. Really. Kudos to you.
marshak chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Ooooh! this part So made me want to kick Kevin in the shins
...""So Dryer lets you out early and gives you the whole night to read it, and you're only just starting"..."What are you doing here?"..."Dryer called me, wanted me to come in so we could get started."..."If
you're not finished, however, I don't see what
good it—"...
This made me want to say HA! in yer face biotch: ..."This is my second time through it, Kevin,"..."I finished it last
night."
Aaand back to kicking his shins.
..."That does explain
why you look like shit. Stayed up late, struggled
through it, cursing my name well into the
morning…" "Don't flatter yourself."...
Now I'm 'accidently' tripping him up so he spills his hot coffee on himself...uuum...oops?
..."Have you always been this thin?"...

This is my favorite line, I would So love to see his face for real when Jules said this...
..."You're acting like you're a sixteen year old punk in high school who has a crush on a girl and
reacts by stealing her fucking lunch. I am not
going to ruin your book. I actually liked the damn
thing. Now if you don't mind, I have some work
to do before I can join you and Mr. Dryer. Get off
my desk and leave me alone."...

I really also liked how the rest of the office placed bets on their arguements, and the part at the end when they were kissing and the intern was being the bookie actually made me laugh out loud.
Robin chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
sophisticated writing. really. and brilliant ending. nuff said.
ms.tinkerbell chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
LOVE this story! great chemistry between Jules and Kevin, absolutely adore the last scene :)
theKnobblyKneedWriter chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Oh my god I absolutely LOVED IT.
aimlessmuse chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Wow, this was a fantastic story. The love/hate relationship between Julia and Kevin is entirely believable, and they have a wonderful chemistry. I also the loved the length of the story-the characters were well-developed, but it didn't drag on at all. :)
Lilly chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
loved it!
dreeming chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
ohhh. love.
Scarlett Letters chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
This is an amazing one-shot. The length is great, the plot is great, and the ending leaves you very satisfied. I don't know how many one-shots I've read that could pull of a length like this and satisfy the reader, but you did very well. The story is so fulfilling that it doesn't need a continuation or Author's explanation, I like those kind of stories the best. My one complaint is that Kevin's character changes pretty abruptly. I really don't know how you would redo this, but the complete one-eighty caused me to pause during the reading for a bit. I don't really know how to articulate my feelings on this, but I think more time should have passed before he gave her the frame. Reluctance to apologize to her may have been more dramatic followed by them working together, him really paying attention to her suggestions and reaching an epiphany that all she wanted to do was help him perfect his book. I think this may have made a good place to let loose feelings, but then again most one-shots are rather rushed or just spur of the moment ideas that sometimes flow along beautifully, and sometimes leave more to be desired. Your story left nothing to be desired, and is a great pick me up to life (and an even better distraction to writing college essays :P)
179 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »