Reviews for Whiplash Therapy For The Undearly
happypenguin01 chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
I love this poem so much, it feels so relatable and realistic, and your brilliant imagery just adds to that. This line especially stood out to me: "You weren't
any closer standing in front of me than when you
were two thousand miles and sixty memories away." Your writing is so lovely and the poem just grabs out and tugs at my heart.
Peachy-09 chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Some of the prose you use is extremely moving. Simply beautiful.
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Hey! I am here to share some exciting news with you. This story has been added to the Poetry category over on A Drop of Romeo! :)

Here's the Review:

"Helen Thinks: Having never lost a true love, or a love of any kind, I could not possibly state that I could relate to the emotions that A Perfect Sonnet was trying to portray in “Whiplash Therapy for the Undearly” but at the same time, that would be a lie. I can relate to how THEY were feeling thanks to their beautiful writing throughout this poem. The heartache, the mourning of something that they thought they had once held but time had eventually stolen from them is portrayed in each breathless descriptive sentence that they use to construct such a wonderful piece of literature. Being hooked from the first word, you find yourself studying this poem so many times you can start to see the sentences off by heart! Personally, I believe that if this poem does not leave you breathless, or without the slight tingle of goose bumps, then you must go back and re-read it because it is simply a piece of fiction that hits every emotion."

Keep writing, Helen xo
fellintothemoon chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Wow. I'm not even a fan of poetry and yet this poem totally spoke to me. You're words flow wonderfully together and I can't help but feel connected to this poem even though I'm not even going through anything like the narrator.

"I regret forgetting how your fingerprints felt." This line is genius and I loved it.
Midnight In Eden chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
Haha holy shit I almost cried.

It's not nearly as language fun and experimental as your other pieces but goddamn is this refreshing. No idea why I haven't read it earlier but I'm loving the to the point narrative. Very clear, very laid out to dry kind of feeling.

I can relate to the feelings for sure and I've always enjoyed it when I read something that encapsulates one of my heartstrings in such a poetic way. Some of it is a little *true* "and then" but if you want an indepth critique shoot me a line and I'll give this a little more time. At the moment though, I'm handing you a bizarre, out of the blue review based on my gut reaction that says this is a winner.

Midnight
Second Hand Screams chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
You have such a way with taking the ordinary and making it mean a lot more. "I could count the number of times I saw you

in the next ten months on one row of teeth

and hated how teeth always reminded me of you" I loved that line.
Isca chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
"Heartstring whiplash." Wow! How creative!

"I regret forgetting how your fingerprints felt." This line is both delicate and lovely.

"I stole moments from your life." Shocking. Powerful.

"That silence had no home in you." God, I may very well start crying-this line is so moving! The angst! *clutches heart*

Keep up the great work. :)
VELVETxKISSES chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
So beautiful... I love your poetry. This one struck a nerve because it sort of applies to something I'm feeling. Not quite, but I suppose it can't ever apply directly unless you are the one writing it. Well. I loved this. And you should most definitely keep writing. Beautiful work.