Reviews for William Blake fingering the edge of Revolution
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
hey!

i definitley voted for you in the WCC. i just thought that this poem was so beautifully written and so incredibly poetic. great job and i hope to see you next month!

fatbird:)
Duckies chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Wow, such powerful verses and imagery, I'm very impressed.

Normally I don't like poems that have phrases that continue from one stanza into the next, but you managed to keep these lines so consistent that I didn't mind at all.

Your word choice was excellent, many of them gave off an olden day feel, though all of them emphasised the tone and visions behind each verse.

A very original take on the prompt; it was clever of you to write a poem about a poet. Many of your lines are really beautiful, though I'm going to draw attention to the first and last verses: the first verse drew me in effectively, and set the rest of the poem up perfectly. The last ended the poem really well, flawlessly capturing the personality of William Blake that you had been describing throughout, not to mention it had a kind of epicness about it..

Really good work, good luck for the WCC!
Isca chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
"He has taught himself to meander past the foggy machicolations of London." Excellent opening line. You immediately prepare the reader for a world that is bustling and industrial. The word 'machicolations' added such a splendid touch of courtly love and medieval architecture.

"Traveling only as far as his boot heels might take him." Oh, my word, this line is incredible. I can picture this man quite clearly in my mind. The word 'salivating' found soon after reminded me of Pavlov's dogs. Also, nice word choice: beatifically.

Holy Christ, the 'fingering revolutions' stanza was phenomenal. That's perfection, my friend. The way this stanza connects to the ending, "Even in death you cannot place him," leaves the reader feeling utterly awe-struck and impressed.

Brilliant work, Faithless Juliet. Good luck in the WCC this month. :)
Louis Denair chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Splendid, breathtaking, staggering artistic display. I loved the passion, the emotion and the speaker's profound sentiment for William Blake glaringly evident and powerfully evocative in every single verse.

"A root, heavy from milky flames licking

the dividers of conformity"- one of my favorite lines- so perfectly vivid, I could easily envisage the fiery tongues lashing the very embodiment of conformity, those pompuous second-rate artists who can't see farther than the tip of their nose.

Nearly every verse made me soft and giggling with delight. Bravo.
john chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
this is really dark, and somewhat fantastical. It makes me wonder what, if any of this is based on fact.
amavian chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
There’s a lot of build up with this one. It seems as though each section were a continuance of that palpitation trying to come to it’s greater end. I have to say that ending seemed a bit forced and out of character, however thats just me. You’re verses, as always, are very powerful, even if I don’t always understand what they mean.