Reviews for the mark of an artist
Reminising Obsession chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
WO!Go like a true thumbs up.
Aoide's Anthem chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Amazing! Completely accurate and...very stirring, in its slightly uncomfortable truth.
B. J. Winters chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
The theme was articulated well and I liked the words running together the 'just. can't. stop.' (although the periods implied stopping - I found that humorous).

No capitals - I think you could have started the Its with an "I" to emphazise the repetition.

I struggled with the voice and point of view. I wasn't sure if it was the person thinking (wondering) or a narrator (you've just got to live with that). Is it one person (she) or everyman (you). The perspective didn't quite seem uniform.

I particularly liked the first stanza - good raw emotion.

I didn't like the last line - it felt judgemental rather than empowering to me.

overall though I thought the poem met was easy to understand and could evoke empathy, so I'd say it's successful. good luck
lipleaf chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
I rather liked the way you expressed what an author is. For me, at least, it was spot-on about most of the things it said. The way you combined some of the words was interesting as well- I usually don't like that, but it seems to work in this poem.

I especially like the phrase 'neverending cycle'. It's the first time I've heard it used to describe the writing cycle.
lemon bisque chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
Very nice, i especially loved how you wrote the words to make them part of the poem (like 'just. can't. stop' with periods after each word for emphasis, or 'neverendingcircle' being one word. It was very powerful and i loved your last line, but sometimes i felt that the poem had no rhythm to it, so it did not flow as well as it could have.