Reviews for Summer Thunderstorm
Liliot chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
Perfect word choice. "A fat and hungry bloom" is an especially pleasant and lovely description.
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
So vivid and thought provoking. Amazing imagery.
in theory chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
"Hungry bloom, rose-like" this is beautiful, I always thought roses had mouths, other flowers had eyes. Roses strike me as hungry for attention, in a way I guess like the wind...it always rears stronger when you forget about it, reminding you it can steal your hat/hairstyle and there ain't much you can do.

Winds slash/my body in half; I like how you literally slash the haiku up with the actual word "slash," visually and violently amplifying the point.

Resurfacing! I will get around to your other works when I have more time, you seem to have been very busy! Hope all is well.

Jack
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Vivid and surprising. What a haiku should be. Well done. MD:77.
Little girl Big world chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
Lovely imagery. So little words, so little lines, so much said in them though. Nice job!
Kate Marshall chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
The description for your topic as "a fat and hungry bloom, rose-like" is fantastic. You made an amazing image with very few words. :)

"winds slash my body in half." I like this line for a couple of reasons. The word choice for 'slash' is nice and vivid; not 'stale'. And the tone for it isn't... sad or remorseful. Almost as if the speaker wants to be consumed or broken by the thunder storm. Very clever.

Excellent. :D

From the Review Marathon (link's in the profile!)

-Kate
MatthewPaul chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
Good description of the clouds; I never would have thought of it as looking like a rose. But fat and hungry? For sure. It's a nice contrast.
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Interesting description, it's a nice mixture of beauty and violence. Well done.

Peace, Daze
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
14 lines.

I don't know how you do it.

: )
S.C.R.E.A.M.I.N.G chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
Very nice imagery. It reminded me of the sky I saw today as I drove down the highway. I love the "fat and hungry bloom". It's just so ridiculously prompting of an image of the darkened clouds to me. You said a lot in 17 syllables. Good work.
Isca chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
"A fat and hungry bloom." This line is phenomenal! The word 'bloom' adds such vibrancy to the piece. I also liked the 'winds slash' part since it was very intense. Great work. :)
john chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
this is intense i can really feel it.