Reviews for A Daughter of the Confederacy and the Black Man
clockwork kiss chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
really great piece. the 4th stanza (with the list) is very well-done, and the specifics in history are what make this poem. I love the fresh subject matter, and the diction used here is really elevated and well thought out. the assonance is also excellent. awesome work here. just to ket you know though, that since magnolia trees is plural rather than possessive, it doesn't need an apostrophe. :)
Edgar Wellington chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
bittersweet, maybe that's the thought that comes to mind... I can see "climactic in politeness" as in a conversation that dies because it has nowhere to go. And so what can really be made of history?

You write so compellingingly. You lead the reader and bring emotion to the surface.

This is a wonderful piece.
Lady Fingers chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
i don't think anyone other than you could create such a beautiful work of art like this.

it took my breath away.

i cannot wait to read this to my friend when she gets out of the shower.

She needs something like this right now.
Isca chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
"Devotion is all fists; muscles carved out of thorny ash." Oh my goodness. Your writing is reaching new heights, my dear. This line is incredible. I've never taken the time to think about one's devotion for another as 'strong' in the literal sense in stead of the 'will-power' sense. Thanks for expanding my mind. Also, the 'rotting horse meat' part completely blew me away-how raw! Keep writing. :)
john chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
this is rather interesting, I don't know what to make of it. It makes me think, about a lot, really, I have to think about it a lot.