Reviews for Flight ::HIATUS::
snohshine chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
I do believe I'm going to have to continue reading this story, for the prologue as piqued my interest. :3

That said, I enjoyed this. The tone was pleasantly broken (to repeat your own use of the word) but still coherent. Sort of pitiful, actually, or perhaps hollow. I was immediately taken by the box metaphor and was eagerly looking forward to more of that - and I was absolutely DELIGHTED by the way you managed to use it at the end there.

Speaking of the end of the prologue, that last line gets me. It immediately humanizes your character in a way the rest of the chapter couldn't. You give us a character who seems hopeless and remorseful, and then show us the little spider's thread of hope she's (I'm sorry but I'm assuming that Robyn is female for now) managed to hold onto despite the nightmare. Human nature is like that, so it tickles me that you managed to work that in so easily, so effortlessly, so believably. The box metaphor suddenly turned into a gift for me with that last line.

Yeah, you can tell that I liked that line and the box in general. There were other highlights of the chapter, naturally - I liked the casual, almost careless worry for Robyn's best friend thrown in there - but that just stood out.

Here's to enjoying the rest of the story you have posted on here.

snohshine
SecretAgent99 chapter 23 . 1/16/2010
I really liked how Zane twisted the Bible verses. It does show how superior he thinks he is to everyone else.
Dork2350 chapter 23 . 1/8/2010
I loved this chapter! Zane is so funny especially with his Bible verses. That was amusing. update soon!
Dork2350 chapter 22 . 1/4/2010
Okay I lied. I'm not that tired. I loved this chapter. He was a bratty little kid but I loved him with all his snappy retorts and cussing it made me laugh. Poor Nathan! Witnessing his father's death? So sad. I really like how you wrote this chapter too. Good job. I'm all caught up now so keep posting fast. )
Dork2350 chapter 21 . 1/4/2010
I would review but this whole waking up for school again thing is making me tired you know I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. ) good night and good riddance. just kidding.
Dork2350 chapter 20 . 1/4/2010
I finally got around to reading this chapter. Ironic huh? How one minute I'm yelling at you to post faster and when you don't I can't find the time to read it but I did which is why I writing this review. ) Anyways about the chapter I loved it. Things are finally making sense- all the light bulbs went off. I liked Zane in this chapter to when he was talking to himself. It made me laugh hecka hard.
shinealight chapter 5 . 1/3/2010
lol wat da heck at ur authors note...but anyways

HOLY CRAP!

is it who I think it is, in her dream? Uh D: and the Organization is cool, btw :)
shinealight chapter 4 . 1/3/2010
ok at first I was gonna be hecka pissed off at this ryan guy but then he was there and it was all good...except then he disappears! Wat the heck! lol...

the kiss in the closet..."awkward position"...lolol...it was a clever scene tho, you got them to kiss even tho they don't really know each other yet (which is kinda creepy in a way but CUTE :D)

Can't wait to read more
shinealight chapter 3 . 1/3/2010
don't worry, im terrified of ALL dogs (well except the little ratty ones, but you know wat I mean), so id probably just scream and run around if there was an angry doberman chasing me.

I like Nathan's pov and the slow motion...lol. very subtle, indeed.
shinealight chapter 2 . 1/3/2010
Haha, the play on Tad's name was great. They must have been at least relatively close to town, or else Tad would have caught up to her, right?

The "raid" was well-written, and I can't wait to read more :)
shinealight chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
I like this! It's a good start and makes me want to read more, which is what I plan on doing :)
SecretAgent99 chapter 22 . 1/2/2010
This was a really great chapter. You were able to get the emotions and the seriousness of the event across well. :)
CuriousContradiction chapter 21 . 1/2/2010
Read all this in one sitting, it was that good. :)

Overall, I liked this a lot. You're pretty simple in your dialogue style, but I like that it's always clear and gives us just enough to see the scene. I also like the plot and the characters and the chapter-titling idea. Very clever, haha.

I do like that the end of this last chapter was mostly dialogue because a lot of people just go overkill on kissing scenes with all the cliches. Not saying I don't like cliches. It's just I liked how you expressed enough in the scene to show that Robyn and Nathan had chemistry without relying on the whole fireworks thing, if that makes any sense. Your way was good.

(I just realized I used the word "like" way too many times in this review. My vocabulary is so limited, haha.)

And then finally, a cliffhanger. Don't leave us hanging! Update soon? :)
SecretAgent99 chapter 21 . 1/1/2010
Hmm, I think the pacing was fine. If you had taken longer I think it would have been a little annoying, since what you had to get out was pretty important. I like the personality idea with Robyn and Nathan. Opposites don't always attract. For instance I'm an official ISTJ personality type indicated by the Myers-Brigg Jung Typology test, and after reading some other websites about my personality, I would get along alot better with another ISTJ than someone of a different personality type (when it comes to dating, and stuff), because of the way my personality is. Haha, you should try taking the test in Robyn's and Natahn POV's and see what types they turn out to
SecretAgent99 chapter 20 . 12/30/2009
Ah! I bet something is going to happen to Dara and Avery now that they know Robyn is alive. You're gonna kill them off, aren't you? _
86 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »